Is the church of Christ a Cult?
William

Atlanta, GA

#101 Jan 21, 2013
Galatians 2 makes it clear that they do not, however.

Read the Bible for yourself, not with CoC propaganda.
One Gospel

Quinlan, TX

#102 Jan 22, 2013
William wrote:
The gospel of Jesus Christ does not involve water. Romans 6 does not reference water. Neither does Colossians. And since Paul was not sent to baptize, but to preach that Christ died FOR our sins apart from water baptism, obeying and keeping the 10 commandments, and enduring to the end to be saved in the hope that you will be "acceptable" to God, Paul preached the gospel given to him by the resurrected Christ that was entirely different than what Peter preached to a solely Jewish audience on that infamous day of Pentecost.
Why?
Because of the revelation of the mystery. Given only to Paul, not Peter, James, or John.
The CoC mixes what was given to Peter with what was given to Paul, but so does every other man-made religious denomination. What was given to Paul IS the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Peter's message was confined to believing Israel ONLY. The circumcision. Galatians 2 makes it clear who was sent to preach what, and to whom.
Want to be saved today? Believe and TRUST that Christ died in your place at Calvary, and that God resurrected him from the dead for your justification. Anything else is the perversion of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:1-4
Don't believe me about Peter's admonition to the Jews in Acts 2? Then ask yourself WHY didn't those Jews ask Peter in Acts 2:37 "what must we do ... TO BE SAVED?"
They did not, because Acts 2:38 is not salvation. Look at Acts 3:19 for when rhose Jews would get their sins blotted out. It wasn't when they repented and were baptized in Acts 2:38.
Me - There is so much I could deal with in the post above but I will deal with this for now.

W - " but to preach that Christ died FOR our sins apart from water baptism, obeying and keeping the 10 commandments, and enduring to the end "

Me - Are you claiming man can have his sins removed, cleansed, remitted, forgiven separate and apart from water immersion?

One last question, does the NT say "baptism doth also now save us" -

...God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (1Peter 3:20,21).

... eight souls were saved by water

...even baptism doth also now save us (1Peter 3:20,21)

theancientplan.com
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Santa Monica, CA

#103 Jan 22, 2013
Chant for the truth.
http://www.nichirenbuddhist.org/
Paul Baptized Crispus

Quinlan, TX

#104 Jan 22, 2013
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo wrote:
Chant for the truth.
http://www.nichirenbuddhist.org/
One finds TRUTH in the Bible (Jn 17:17).

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.(1Tim. 2:4)

...they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,(2Peter 2:20)

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.(Jn 8:31)

*Must one obey anything to be freed from sin? YES

(Rom. 6:16-18)

16. Decide who to serve.
17. Obey that form of doctirne delivered you
18. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.(made Christians / Saints / Cleansed / Forgiven)

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.(James 2:24)

thegospelofchrist.com
William

Birmingham, AL

#105 Jan 23, 2013
Paul’s gospel (i.e., THE gospel of Jesus Christ, per 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) is summed up as follows:

Where was the issue of sin settled? At Calvary.
What was the verdict? All are guilty.
What was the penalty? All are sentenced to death.
Who took the penalty? Jesus Christ.
How much of the penalty did he take? ALL OF IT.
How much did he leave for you? NONE OF IT ("not imputing their trespasses unto them”(2 Corinthians 5:18-21).

Romans 2:16 says that God will judge the secrets of men according to what Paul calls "MY gospel". What is that gospel?

Hear it, believe it, and TRUST IT to be saved.
Joshua 6

Quinlan, TX

#106 Jan 25, 2013

*The grace of God is seen in (Joshua 6:1-4).

1 Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in. 2 And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.

God spoke of it in past tense.

I have given into thine hand Jericho

*Gods grace includes instructions.

3 And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days. 4 And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams' horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets.

How gracious our God is for sure.

We see the "faith" of Israel in the rest of Chapter 6.

All through the bible you see first the grace of God which includes instructions how to access that grace. Next you see the faith of those who truly believe what God has commanded (instructed).

(Titus 2:11,12) shows us the same pattern.

Verse 11 - shows the grace of God has appeared to all men.

Verse 12 - Shows man how to access that grace.

Since Gods grace appeared to "ALL MEN", have you ever wondered why "ALL MEN" are NOT going to be saved?

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.(Mt. 7:13,14)

*(Rom. 5:1,2)

1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Notice man has access into grace by their faith.

The bible helps us to understand more about saving faith by giving us picture stories.

(Mark 2:5)

3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.

4 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.

5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

...Jesus saw their faith

God seen their faith?

Faith can be seen as the instructions of the Lord are being carried out by those who believe the Lord will do as He promised.

All we have to do is read (Heb. 11) to understand this principle in a much clearer fashion.

By faith - Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice

By faith - Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark

By faith - Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

A saving faith is a faith which is in action.

A faith which just believes alone is a dead faith.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.(James 2:24)

Denominations of today are teaching a dead faith. They teach this dead faith will please God and get us to heaven.

Do not believe this lie.

Satan is still using the very same ole trick.

Satan told Eve she would NOT die if she partook of the forbidden fruit, when God said just the opposite.

God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Friends, we have the mind of God (the bible) and it can be understood easily if one has the correct attitude towards Gods word.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:(Phil. 2:5)

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)(Eph. 3:3,4)

theancientplan.com

gbntv.org

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#107 Jan 30, 2013
What an example for all time.
William

Birmingham, AL

#108 Feb 3, 2013
Anyone who believes that they can lose their salvation after hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ isn't saved to begin with. This sums up the Church of Christ perfectly. Go into any one of their churches and ask one of their members if they can lose their salvation.

But what saith the scriptures?

The Ephesian Gentiles heard, believed, and TRUSTED the gospel of Jesus Christ and were sealed BY the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption. Ephesians 1 and 4 makes this clear. This garbage that I read on a CoC Facebook page about "we seal ourselves when we obey and endure faithfully until death" is a lie straight from the devil himself.

What IS the gospel of Jesus Christ?

That Christ died FOR OUR SINS, was buried, and resurrected by God FOR OUR justification if we believe and TRUST what was done FOR US at Calvary.

Will you TRUST what was done FOR YOU?

Location hidden

#109 Feb 11, 2013

8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.(Luke 15:8)

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.(Luke 15:4-7)

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.(Luke 15:11-24)

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.(Gal. 5:4)

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.(1Cor.9:27)

(Acts 8:13-24)- 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip,..20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,(Heb. 10:26-31)

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.(1Jn 1:6-9)

All the info above proves one can lose his soul due to righteous (sinful) living.
Sherry

Quinlan, TX

#110 Mar 16, 2013
Allen wrote:
Is the Church of Christ a CULT?
Show #1 and #2
http://vimeo.com/47284229
http://vimeo.com/48014800
gbntv.org
No commercials
Gospel Singing
Gospel Preaching
No asking the public for money.
The answer is NO, we (the coC) are open about what we teach from the bible. We encourage people to ask questions which may help them learn more about the word of God. The more questions they ask the more they will learn.

Does this sound like something a cult would do?

Just try applying (1John 4:1-6) or (Acts 17:11) to your baptist preacher (or any denom) and see what kind of response you get.

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world....6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

thegospelofchrist.com
William

Alexander City, AL

#111 Mar 16, 2013
Stay away from man's teaching. Rely on the Holy Spirit to be your teacher. 1 Corinthians 2.

He is the author of the Bible, and He knows it better than any man ever could.

Location hidden

#112 Mar 21, 2013
William wrote:
Stay away from man's teaching. Rely on the Holy Spirit to be your teacher. 1 Corinthians 2.
He is the author of the Bible, and He knows it better than any man ever could.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:(1Cor.2:4)

Location hidden

#113 Mar 21, 2013
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:(1Cor.2:4)

Location hidden

#114 Mar 21, 2013
Mission Printing makes and sends bible information all over the world.

The booklets are free.

http://missionprinting.us/pub.html
A Guide to Find the True Church
A Reply to a Denominational Preacher
A Reply to a Jehovah's Witness
A Reply to a Mormon
A Reply to an Adventist
A Reply to Teaching on Infant Baptism
A Virgin Shall Conceive & Bear a Son
Alcohol and Drug Abuse
And When They Had Prayed
Back to the Bible
Broad Mindedness
By What Authority Doest Thou These Thing
Can You Speak in Tongues?
Christ and The Church
Christian Faithfulness
Do–It–Yourself Home Bible Study
Do Not Forsake the Assembly
Do This in Remembrance of Me
From Catholic Nun to New Testament Christian
From My Heart to Yours
God Called Them Christians
God's Fierce Anger
Good News For You
Grace and Works
Guilt
Having Appointed Elders in Every Church
He Shall Tell Thee Words
How Can I Find the Right Church
How Readest Thou?
How to Set Up a Church in Your Home
I Hurt and Don't Know Why
I Will Send Unto You the Spirit of Truth
If Therefore the Whole Church
Is Baptism Necessary to Please God
Is There a Sure Way to Heaven?
Jesus Loves Us series: God's Creation
Jesus Loves Us series: God Takes Care of His Children

Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Friend
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Leader
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Saviour
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Teacher
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus, the Son of God
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus and His Covenant
Jesus Loves Us series: Teacher's Guide
Let Me Tell You About Jesus & His Church
Let's Reconsider Reincarnation
Licentiousness: A Variety of Sins
Polygamy vs. God's Way
Religious Questions, Biblical Answers
Removing the Ancient Landmarks
Restoring the New Testament Church
Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth
Shepherding of Sheep
Sin, Guilt, and Salvation
Since A.D. 33
“... singing and making melody with your heart ...”
Some Things You Should Know About Jesus Christ and His Church
Ten Religious Questions
The Christian Increases
The Christian in the Church
The Churches of Christ: Who Are These People?
The Cross of Christ
The Crucifixion of Jesus
The Death of Christ
The Exceeding Sinfulness of Sin
The Fellowship of Love
The High Cost of Sin
The Lord's Supper
The Loveliness of Jesus
The Message of the New Testament
The One True and Living God
The Overcomers (Revelation)
The Rejected But Victorious Jesus
The Sacrificial System
The Tabernacle
The Value of Being a Christian
To Give is God-Like
What All Mankind Should Know
What Every Christian Should Know
What Every "New" Christian Should Know
What is the Church of Christ?
What Must I Do to be Saved?
What the Christian Woman Can Do in the Church
What Was the Purpose of Miracles
When the Last Curtain Falls
Why I Am a Member of the Lord's Church
Why I Left the Methodist Church
Why I Left the Nazarene Church
Why Not Just the Bible
Zealously Religious But Without God

Location hidden

#115 Mar 21, 2013
Mission Printing makes and sends bible information all over the world for FREE.

A Guide to Find the True Church
A Reply to a Denominational Preacher
A Reply to a Jehovah's Witness
A Reply to a Mormon
A Reply to an Adventist
A Reply to Teaching on Infant Baptism
A Virgin Shall Conceive & Bear a Son
Alcohol and Drug Abuse
And When They Had Prayed
Back to the Bible
Broad Mindedness
By What Authority Doest Thou These Things
Can You Speak in Tongues?
Christ and The Church
Christian Faithfulness
Do–It–Yourself Home Bible Study
Do Not Forsake the Assembly
Do This in Remembrance of Me
From Catholic Nun to New Testament Christian
From My Heart to Yours
God Called Them Christians DOC 205kb

God's Fierce Anger
Good News For You
Grace and Works
Guilt
Having Appointed Elders in Every Church
He Shall Tell Thee Words
How Can I Find the Right Church
How Readest Thou?
How to Set Up a Church in Your Home
I Hurt and Don't Know Why
I Will Send Unto You the Spirit of Truth
If Therefore the Whole Church
Is Baptism Necessary to Please God
Is There a Sure Way to Heaven?
Jesus Loves Us series: God's Creation
Jesus Loves Us series: God Takes Care of His Children
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Friend
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Leader
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Saviour
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Teacher
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus, the Son of God
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus and His Covenant
Jesus Loves Us series: Teacher's Guide
Let Me Tell You About Jesus & His Church
Let's Reconsider Reincarnation
Licentiousness: A Variety of Sins
Polygamy vs. God's Way
Religious Questions, Biblical Answers
Removing the Ancient Landmarks
Restoring the New Testament Church
Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth
Shepherding of Sheep
Sin, Guilt, and Salvation
Since A.D. 33
“... singing and making melody with your heart ...”
Some Things You Should Know About Jesus Christ and His Church
Ten Religious Questions
The Christian Increases
The Christian in the Church
The Churches of Christ: Who Are These People?
The Cross of Christ
The Crucifixion of Jesus
The Death of Christ
The Exceeding Sinfulness of Sin
The Fellowship of Love
The High Cost of Sin
The Lord's Supper
The Loveliness of Jesus
The Message of the New Testament
The One True and Living God
The Overcomers (Revelation)
The Rejected But Victorious Jesus
The Sacrificial System
The Tabernacle
The Value of Being a Christian
To Give is God-Like
What All Mankind Should Know
What Every Christian Should Know
What Every "New" Christian Should Know
What is the Church of Christ?
What Must I Do to be Saved?
What the Christian Woman Can Do in the Church
What Was the Purpose of Miracles
When the Last Curtain Falls
Why I Am a Member of the Lord's Church
Why I Left the Methodist Church
Why I Left the Nazarene Church
Why Not Just the Bible
Zealously Religious But Without God

William

Birmingham, AL

#116 Mar 22, 2013
"Mission Printing makes and sends bible information all over the world for FREE."

1 Corinthians 2:12-14 (KJV)

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, NOT IN THE WORDS WHICH MAN'S WISDOM TEACHETH, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Who do you want to be your teacher of God's word? Man, or the very author of the word itself? He is always present when you pick up his words and read them.
Sosthenes

Caddo Mills, TX

#117 May 25, 2013
William wrote:
"Mission Printing makes and sends bible information all over the world for FREE."
1 Corinthians 2:12-14 (KJV)
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, NOT IN THE WORDS WHICH MAN'S WISDOM TEACHETH, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Who do you want to be your teacher of God's word? Man, or the very author of the word itself? He is always present when you pick up his words and read them.
Here is what W is teaching that many of you may not understand. He thinks the word of God (the bible) is not enough. He thinks man cannot study the bible alone and know the plan of salvation.

He thinks the Holy Spirit must help you in a way other than reading and studying the bible. In other words W believes the Holy Spirit will work DIRECTLY upon the heart of man (Calvinism) and open his eyes to truth and teach him truth (forcefully). That is not the case.

All you have to do is read each and every conversion in the book of Acts to prove W wrong (Eph. 3:3,4)(2Tim. 3:14-17). In each case a person was sent to teach a message and the alien sinner was to accept that message of truth and then be willing to obey that message BEFORE their sins could be removed by the blood of Christ.(Jn 6:44,45)(2Tim. 2:2)(Mt. 28:18-20)(Rev. 1:5)(Eph. 1:7).

Let the bible define the gospel.

(Mark 16:15-16)

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...

Believe + Baptized = Saved (Mark 16:15,16)

Note what (Rom. 6:16-17) says -

16. Decide who to serve
17. Obey that form of doctrine
18. BEING THEN made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Notice one is not made FREE FROM SIN until he has OBEYED from the heart that form of doctrine delivered.

When does your preacher say one is freed from sin?

Is it at the point of faith "alone"?(James 2:17,24)

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.(1Jn 4:1-6)

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.(Acts 17:11)

beingsaved.org

gbntv.org
Sosthenes

Caddo Mills, TX

#118 May 25, 2013
Some claim man does not play a part in the gospel plan of salvation. They contend the Holy Spirit works directly upon the heart of man to save only certain people (Calvinism). All one has to do is read the book of Acts ( book of conversions) to realize man has a part in the gospel plan.(1Cor.1:21)

(Acts 2) The apostles taught those Jews in Jerusalem truth.

(Acts 8:5,12, 26-39) Philip taught these people the truth.

(Acts 9) Paul was sent to Ananias to be taught truth.

(Acts 10:33) Peter taught Cormelius truth.

(Acts 16:14) Paul taught Lydia truth.

(Acts 16:31-34) Paul and Silas taught the jailer truth.

(Acts 18:8) Paul taught the Corinthians truth.

(Acts 19:1-6) Paul taught the Ephesians truth.

*(Jn 6:44,45)-

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

44. The father Draws men to Him

45. they shall all be taught of God

*every man that hears

*and has learned

* comes to me.

*(2 Cor. 4:7) prevents the Holy Spirit (a Heavenly Vessel) from teaching man DRIECTLY. For the Lord has commande men teacn men truth (2Tim. 2:2). Men (earthly vessels) are to go and teach teh gospel to men.

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all Heavenly Vessels.

(2Cor.4:7)- 7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels,...

The treasure is the gospel.

beingsaved.org

gbntv.org
Sosthenes

Caddo Mills, TX

#119 May 25, 2013
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.(1Tim. 2:4)

...they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,...(2Peter 2:20)

... it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.(1Cor.1:21)

*Here is a puzzling question for a Calvinist.

Why preach the gospel?

beingsaved.org

gbntv.org

William

Birmingham, AL

#120 May 25, 2013
"Here is what W is teaching that many of you may not understand. He thinks the word of God (the bible) is not enough. He thinks man cannot study the bible alone and know the plan of salvation."

The Bible alone IS enough, so once again you are caught in a lie. And you don't even read the Bible to start with. The NKJV is a book, not the Bible.

"He thinks the Holy Spirit must help you in a way other than reading and studying the bible."

Where on earth do I say that? I quoted 1 Corinthians 2 to you, and it went right over your head. The Holy Spirit is to be your teacher, not some man. But it's plain to see where you got your "teaching", and it is not from the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2 puts every Church of Christ preacher out of business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quitman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 902
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Farters 742
Catholics and Protestants on Mark 16-16 (Dec '12) Jun 30 William 28
Bible Information Jun 26 Sosthenes 5
i Truely do miss you (Jul '10) Jun 22 Anonymous 2
tougher judges needed Jun 22 French Toast 2
New or Old Testament? Jun 22 Sosthenes 68
More from around the web

Quitman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Quitman Mortgages