Jessy

Leonard, TX

#61 Jan 5, 2013
William wrote:
You have no faith in what was done for you on that cross because Christ did all the work for you. It's sad that you cannot believe that what he did there is sufficient for your salvation without you having to do anything to add to it.
That's what Galatians 2:16 is about. You trust in what was done for you by Christ, and HIS faith justifies you because you trust in what he did. You believe that he died for your sins, was buried, and resurrected for your justification. Sealed by the holy spirit until the day of redemption. Cannot lose your salvation either.
Rightly divide the word of truth. Romans through Philemon is your doctrine for today.
Why don't you just camp out on (Rom. 5:9) if you just want one verse.

I could say I am saved by the blood "alone".

If I took this position I would contend I do not need to even believe. This is akin to what you are doing.

There is not one verse which teaches man can be saved by belief "alone".

You are inserting the word "alone" into those verses.

If all we needed to rely on is Jesus dying upon the cross each and every person would be saved. No one would go to hell in that case for Jesus dies for all men.

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world(Titus 2:11,12)

Graces appeared to all men.(Titus 2;11)

Will all men be saved?

Not according to (Mt.7:13,14)(Mt. 24 / 25).

So the alternative is to obey verse 12.

Graces TEACHES man NOT to do some things denying ungodliness and worldly lusts.(vs 12)

Grace TEACHES man TO DO certain things if he wants to be saved like - should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; (vs 12)

WHOSOEVER will obey the information above can and will go to heaven.

WHOSOEVER won't obey these things will go to hell forever and it will be there choice.

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,(Rom.2:6)

and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,(Rom.2:6)

and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,(Rom.2:6)

Does the verse above say one must OBEY something?

If they do not obey they get indignation and wrath,

The word of God says it again in (2Thess.1:7-9).

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1. them that know not God,

2. and that obey not the gospel

Both can expect flaming fire and vengeance from the Lord when He returns.(2Thess.1:7-9).

thegospelofchrist.com
William

Birmingham, AL

#62 Jan 5, 2013
You hang on to James 2:24, and I'll hang on to Galatians 2:16.

Which do you want to be justified by? Your works or by Christ's faith? Since you are not one of the 12 tribes scattered abroad (James 1:1) the choice should seem pretty clear. Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles, and you are a Gentile.

Rightly divide the word of truth.
William

Birmingham, AL

#63 Jan 5, 2013
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1. them that know not God,

2. and that obey not the gospel.

What exactly IS the gospel of Jesus Christ? Gotta know it before we can obey it, so what exactly does the CoC say that it is.
William

Birmingham, AL

#64 Jan 5, 2013
Jesus told a rich young ruler to keep the commandments to gain eternal life, and to sell out EVERYTHING he had and to follow him.

Have you sold out EVERYTHING you own to follow Jesus? Do you know of ANY Church of Christ person that has done this? If not, why not?

All the CoC people that I ever run across own homes, cars, have bank accounts, and lots of other things. Why are these people not following Jesus and obeying his teaching?
The Word

Leonard, TX

#65 Jan 5, 2013
William wrote:
You hang on to James 2:24, and I'll hang on to Galatians 2:16.
Which do you want to be justified by? Your works or by Christ's faith? Since you are not one of the 12 tribes scattered abroad (James 1:1) the choice should seem pretty clear. Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles, and you are a Gentile.
Rightly divide the word of truth.
Friend, I believe and accept ALL THE WORD OF GOD.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.(Mt. 4:4)

...by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.(Mt. 4:4)

...by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.(Mt. 4:4)

You cannot pit one verse against another and be pleassing to God.

thegospelofchrist.com
The Word

Leonard, TX

#66 Jan 5, 2013
Justified By Faith

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/137...

There will be many more articles related to this one just below the article above.

thegospelofchrist.com
William

Anniston, AL

#67 Jan 6, 2013
I accept all of God's word too. I accept it from rightly dividing the truth as Paul instructed Timothy to do, and doing so out of a King James Bible. To not rightly divide the word of truth is to invite denominational heresy, of which the CoC fully participates in. You promote a confused mish-mash of what Peter preached and what Paul was given to preach.

No one today is saved by anything other than by grace, through faith, and not of works. ANY works. We are saved by recognizing ourselves to be sinners in need of a savior, and when we trust that Christ died FOR OUR SINS, was buried, and was resurrected by God for our justification, then we are saved and made righteous along with Christ. The faith OF Jesus Christ is our faith, and what we trust. We are sealed and made secure by this trust. One who trusts Christ as his or her savior, trusting the gospel outlined in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, is saved.

Acts 2 is not the gospel. Acts 2 has Peter preaching a murder indictment against Israel, not a message of grace that Christ died FOR their sins and was resurrected for their justification. NOWHERE do Peter, James, and John preach what was given to Paul. Galatians 2 makes this clear. PJJ did not know what Christ had revealed to Paul, and after they heard Paul explain it to them, they most certainly did not start preaching saved by grace and not of works. James 2:24 alone proves that.

PJJ and Paul were sent to two different groups of people, each with a distinctive gospel. They are not the same thing. But Paul's gospel is our gospel for today, in this dispensation of Grace.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4. He delivered it FIRST of all.

You must rightly divide the word of truth.
William

Anniston, AL

#68 Jan 6, 2013
Good ol' R. Wayne Jackson and his CoC propaganda website.

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge ofthe truth, he is.
OT or NT

Leonard, TX

#69 Jan 10, 2013
William wrote:
Jesus told a rich young ruler to keep the commandments to gain eternal life, and to sell out EVERYTHING he had and to follow him.
Have you sold out EVERYTHING you own to follow Jesus? Do you know of ANY Church of Christ person that has done this? If not, why not?
All the CoC people that I ever run across own homes, cars, have bank accounts, and lots of other things. Why are these people not following Jesus and obeying his teaching?
Now then we get down to some interesting bible study.

Which law did the rich young ruler live under?

OT or NT

Which covenant do people today live under?

thegospelofchrist.com
Which Church

Leonard, TX

#70 Jan 10, 2013
"W" - "You hang on to James 2:24, and I'll hang on to Galatians 2:16."

*Me - Yea, it really looks like you accept all the word of God.

By your own admission, are you not rejecting (James 2:24 above)?

Don't tell me you accept all the word of God b/c you do not.

*You never answered my simple question. If I am in the wrong church as you claim. Just fill in the blank below.

Which church will help me get to heaven?

__________ church will help you go to heaven.

Just fill in the blank.

thegospelofchrist.com
Give an Answer

Leonard, TX

#71 Jan 10, 2013
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:(1Peter 3:15)

thegospelofchrist.com
Belief a WORK

Leonard, TX

#72 Jan 10, 2013
"W" - "No one today is saved by anything other than by grace, through faith, and not of works. ANY works"

Me - Remember (Jn 6:29) William? this verse tells you and me if one believes he is doing a work.

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

This is the work of God, that ye believe

*So do not try to lie to me and say you are saved by NO works (ANY works) at all.

I can read the Bible my friend, and I will do so.(Eph. 3:3,4).

I am not like most people who refuse to open the word of God to test their preachers message (jn 5:39).

The church I attend encourages testing every spirit to see if they are of God or not (1Jn 4:1-6).

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world....

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

thegospelofchrist.com
One Gospel

Leonard, TX

#73 Jan 10, 2013
Your in error deep "W".

You claim there are two different gospels.

One for Jews.

One for Gentiles.

(Gal. 1:6-9) Paul writing to Christians said the following.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

(Gal. 1:6-9)

There is only one gospel (not two).

There could only be one gospel b/c Paul told Christians to speak the very same thing (same gospel).(1Cor.1:10)(Phil 3:16-19)

This command would help keep Christians from going into a false doctrine (vain religion / error).

*16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby(Eph. 2:16)

All people (JEW / Gentile) are reconciled unto God in the one church (one body) by the cross.

All people are subject to this one covenant (Law) the New Testament.(Heb, 9:15-17)(Heb 10:9,10)

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.(James 3:17)

the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable

The gospel you are preaching is far from "PURE" B/c you reject part of the gospel.

Since it is not PURE there is no way one can have PEACE in what you are teaching. One may have a false hope, but not a true hope of salvation.

The sad thing is those you teach may not ever understand they are lost till it is too late (judgment day). I encourage people to read you bible and test what anyone teaches (1Jn 4:1-6).

thegospelofchrist.com
Word of God

Leonard, TX

#74 Jan 10, 2013
God said -

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (2Thess.1:7-9)

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that -

...know not God,

...know not God,

...know not God,

*AND

and that obey not the gospel

The word of God says one must OBEY the gospel if they want to be saved. the bible teaches something much different than you do.

Who am I to believe?

Think I will go with the word of God.

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; (Heb. 5:9)

gbntv.org
Word of God

Leonard, TX

#75 Jan 10, 2013
"W" - Acts 2 is not the gospel. Acts 2 has Peter preaching a murder indictment against Israel, not a message of grace that Christ died FOR their sins and was resurrected for their justification.

Me - Here is the gospel right where you said it was NOT .

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it....

..27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption....

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

The question is -

How does the alien sinner CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD?

This is a point of contention between you an I.

The Bible is clear on how one called on the name of the Lord in (Acts 22:16).

1. Arise (this proves one cannot just believe)

2. Be Baptized (a passive action and not a work).

3. Wash Your Sins Away.(after immersion in water)

Anyone who can count to three can understand how to call on the name of the Lord.

(Acts 8:35-39)

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

No pouring

No sprinkling

Let us follow the scriptures examples.

gbntv.org

Faith ALone

Leonard, TX

#76 Jan 10, 2013
Salvation In Christ

Leonard, TX

#77 Jan 10, 2013
Salvation Is Only In Christ

http://www.gospelpreceptor.com/SewellJ1.htm
Conversion of Saul

Leonard, TX

#78 Jan 10, 2013
William

Snellville, GA

#79 Jan 11, 2013
Has your church and congregation obeyed ALL of what is outlined on Acts 2?
William

Cusseta, GA

#80 Jan 11, 2013
Why didn't Paul preach Acts 2:38 to those Galatian Gentiles?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quitman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ear of Malchus 4 hr Sosthenes 1
What Does The Bible Say? (Oct '13) 4 hr Sosthenes 40
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat Field of Farts 819
herbal inscents Sat faqwad 13
Is The Kingdom of God on Earth Today (Sep '12) Apr 28 Sosthenes 48
Review: ZIP Cash Apr 27 cindy savell 1
Bible Information Apr 22 Sosthenes 3
More from around the web

Quitman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]