First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#21 Jan 30, 2013
It is always best to allow the word of God to speak.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.(Mark 16:15,16)

Go ye into all the world,

and preach the gospel

to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized

shall be saved;...

The very word of God states baptism is a part of the gospel which saves.

*What kind of baptism?

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
39 And when they were come up out of the water(Acts 8:38)

*When is one freed from sin?(Rom. 6:16-18)

16. Decide who to serve.
17. Obey that form of doctrine delivered...
18. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.(a Christian)

(Rom. 6:16-18)

*When are sins forgiven by Jesus' blood?

(Acts 22:16)

1. Arise
2. Be baptized (in water)
3. Wash Away Your Sins

Any 6th grader can read the verse above and tell you when the blood of Jesus washes away sins.

...and washed us from our sins in his own blood,(Rev.1:5)

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,(Eph.1:7)

*The big question is "WHEN" are sins forgiven by Jesus blood. This is one important point people need to really focus upon b/c many people are telling lies on this topic.

If we will get rid of all creedbooks and just use the bible for our religious guide we will have made a huge stride towards truth.

No creedbook (other than the bible) will lead you to heaven.

11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;(1Peter 4:11)

2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.(Deut.4:2)

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.(Prov.30:6)

theancientplan.com
William

Birmingham, AL

#22 Jan 31, 2013
It is always best to allow the word of God to speak.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.(Mark 16:15,16)

Go ye into all the world,

and preach the gospel

to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized

shall be saved;...

The very word of God states baptism is a part of the gospel which saves.

Well then Mark 16:17-18 are also in effect too, if one believes and is baptized, one will be able to do what 17-18 clearly state.

Right?

Location hidden

#23 Feb 2, 2013
W -'Well then Mark 16:17-18 are also in effect too, if one believes and is baptized, one will be able to do what 17-18 clearly state."

Me - Since you believe and teach gifts are for our day and time prove it.

3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?(Heb.2:3,4)

12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.(2Cor.12:12)

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:(1Cor.2:4)

Gifts (miracles) were only for a season.

...I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.(Zech 13:1,2)

...13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith,...(Eph. 4:11-14)

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.(1Cor.13:8-10)

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.(1Thess.5:21)

It is up to those who believe in miracles to preform signs and wonders.

If the dead is raised I will join your church.

*Just tell me the time and place and pass the information to 20/20 and 60 minutes TV programs. I am sure they will be glad to record the efforts.

theancientplan.com
William

Birmingham, AL

#24 Feb 2, 2013
"It is up to those who believe in miracles to perform signs and wonders."

That is not what Mark 16:17-18 says. It says they SHALL BE ABLE to perform those things. So why don't they today? There isn't a Pentecostal, CoC, or Catholic person anywhere that can walk into a hospital anywhere in the world and lay hands on a person and instantly heal that person JUST LIKE the disciples and Paul were able to do today. Go get 20/20 and 60 Minutes and have them find someone that can do it, and you'd have a ratings bonanza.

"If the dead is raised I will join your church."

Well, Christ was raised from the dead by God, and to date, that is the only example of anyone, anywhere, being "born AGAIN." With a glorified body.

Location hidden

#25 Feb 2, 2013
I am not claiming anyone can heal today.

I thought you were making that claim.

I guess you are not.

William

Montgomery, AL

#26 Feb 3, 2013
No one alive today has the power to instantaneously heal someone else, like the 12 and Paul had. It appears that Paul was the last one with the power. He raised a young boy from the dead, but he could not cure Timothy or even heal himself from his "infirmity" so it obviously went away after a certain time.

Same thing for drinking poison and not getting ill. And I have yet to see a Pentecostal preacher try it to "prove" he or she has apostolic power.
No Gifts Today

Quinlan, TX

#27 Feb 15, 2013
well, I guess we agree on this one point.

thegospelofchrist.com

gbntv.org
Back to OP

Quinlan, TX

#29 Mar 1, 2013
Jeff Jeffers the Baptist preacher in Dallas,Tx. calls the Mormon Church a cult.

Check out the lesson below.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26997284

Location hidden

#30 Mar 3, 2013
How old is the Baptist Church?

A few hundred years old.

The Baptist Church was established in 1609.

Does the Baptist Church use something other than the bible for a spiritual guide?

Yes, They have a creed-book called -

The Baptist Faith and Message

http://www.sbc.net/bfm/bfm2000.asp

Who established the Baptist Church?

A man named John Smyth established the Baptist Church in 1609.

Location hidden

#31 Mar 3, 2013
Here is an interesting point.

Let us look at page 22 of The Standard Manual For Baptist Churches by Edward T. Hiscox.

"It is most likely that in the Apostolic age when there was but `one Lord, one faith, and one baptism,' and no differing denominations existed, the baptism of a convert by that very act constituted him a member of the church, and at once endowed him with all the rights and privileges of full membership.

In that sense,'baptism was the door into the church.'

Now it is different:(emp. mine, hll) and while the churches are desirous of receiving members, they are wary and cautious that they do not receive unworthy persons."

If baptism once was the door into the church (and it was).(Gal. 3:27)(Rom. 6:4)

Who changed it?

Why is it different now?

Who has that kind of authority to change what they admit was once the door into the church?

Here is a good question, Why not go back to the way it once was?

Why not teach baptism is now the door into the church?(like it once was).

11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God (1Peter 4:11).

...that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written,...(1Cor.4:6)

2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you(Deut.4:2)

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.(Prov.30:6)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.(Rev. 22:18,19)

Gospel Broadcasting Network

gbntv.org

We're interested in your soul not your money.
Jeffers Speaks

Quinlan, TX

#32 Mar 26, 2013
Jeff Jeffers the Baptist preacher in Dallas,Tx. calls the Mormon Church a cult.

Check out the lesson below.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26997284

Location hidden

#33 Mar 29, 2013
Guess he spoke much to quick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quitman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Does The Bible Say? (Oct '13) Fri William 27
Is The Kingdom of God on Earth Today (Sep '12) Thu marvian 47
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 22 Fart 798
Bible Information Apr 22 Sosthenes 3
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 18 Fart Smoke 633
tougher judges needed Apr 15 Cindy Holbrook 1
Christian Zionism (Oct '14) Apr 8 BillieFae 55
More from around the web

Quitman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]