Alison

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Jeff Jeffers the Baptist preacher in Dallas,Tx. calls the Mormon Church a cult.

Check out the lesson below.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26997284
Alison

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

"What We Need In America" Part 2

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/27167615

Alison

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Alison wrote:
Jeff Jeffers the Baptist preacher in Dallas,Tx. calls the Mormon Church a cult.
Check out the lesson below.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26997284

I found it interesting that Mr. Jeffers called the Mormons a cult using a specific pattern.

1. Not established until several 100 years ago.
2. Uses another book other than the bible (other doctrines).
3. Has a man who established it.

By the same token the Baptist Church to which Mr Jeffers preaches for happens to be in the very same position.

I guess he did not think it through before he spoke.
No Theocracy for USA

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

ALL religions are cults.
A Disciple

Leonard, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

No Theocracy for USA wrote:
ALL religions are cults.
One might claim they are all cults but proving it is something else.

What is the alternative to religion?

Are you going to give me the talk about all things in this UNIVERSE coming from some rock (or gooh)? LOL

And where did this first rock (or gooh) come from in the beginning?

apologeticspress.org

Creation and "Evilution"
No Theocracy for USA

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

A Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
One might claim they are all cults but proving it is something else.
What is the alternative to religion?
The alternative is to live as the other animals (and yes, humans are animals) do. Take only what you need, and without the greed of what you want. Live within the instincts of your own mortality, without fabricating fairy tales of god, allah, jesus, etc, to use as a crutch or an excuse for your own behavior. Humans are the only species on this planet with supposedly "superior intelligence." Look around. You will find that humans are also the most insidious, invasive, and destructive species on this planet. I submit that this fact qualifies "human intelligence" as the ultimate virus.
A Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
And where did this first rock (or gooh) come from in the beginning?
And if something cannot come from nothing, then who/what created your god? Need a hint? It was the species infected with the ultimate virus.

Stop believing. Start thinking.

-----
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try.
No hell below us, above us only sky." -- John Lennon
Humble One

Greenville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

<quoted text>
The alternative is to live as the other animals (and yes, humans are animals) do. Take only what you need, and without the greed of what you want. Live within the instincts of your own mortality, without fabricating fairy tales of god, allah, jesus, etc, to use as a crutch or an excuse for your own behavior. Humans are the only species on this planet with supposedly "superior intelligence." Look around. You will find that humans are also the most insidious, invasive, and destructive species on this planet. I submit that this fact qualifies "human intelligence" as the ultimate virus.
<quoted text>
And if something cannot come from nothing, then who/what created your god? Need a hint? It was the species infected with the ultimate virus.
Stop believing. Start thinking.
-----
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try.
No hell below us, above us only sky." -- John Lennon
NOT for USA --> ":Live within the instincts of your own mortality"

Me - Where did this "morality" come from?

What if my morality conflicts with your morality?

You dodged where the first rock came from my friend.

http://apologeticspress.org/
Humble One

Greenville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

<quoted text>
The alternative is to live as the other animals (and yes, humans are animals) do.
The Bible makes a great difference between man and animals.

With all the animals on the ark the word of God says there were but eight souls on the ark.

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. 20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.(Gen 6:19,20)

...God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (1Peter 3:20,21).

Animals do not have a soul according to the word of God.

thetruthinlove.com
No Faith ALONE

Blue Ridge, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)(Eph.3:3,4)

whybaptism.org
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Why wasn't the revelation of the mystery given to Peter and the 11?

There isn't a CoC, Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, Catholic, or any other denomination who even knows what it is.
Shortly Come 2 pass

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

William wrote:
Why wasn't the revelation of the mystery given to Peter and the 11?
There isn't a CoC, Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, Catholic, or any other denomination who even knows what it is.
You will have to ask God that question.

I do know that Revelation has nothing to do with Apache Helicopters and the false doctrine of the 1000 yr reign (Premillennialism).

There will be no SECOND chance (Heb.9:27).

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

things which must shortly come to pass;

Not some 2000 yrs later.

Apologetics Press

William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I know what the revelation of the Mystery is, and what it means. Paul spells it out in Ephesians 2 and 3, and references it in other letters as well.

Go see. With eyes not blinded by others.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

The revelation of the mystery does not have anything to do with the book of Revelation.

Just like whenever the word "baptism" shows up, it should not automatically be associated with "water". Especially where Romans 6 is concerned, since Paul was NOT sent to baptize with water.
Paul Baptized Crispus

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

I guess Paul outright disobeyed the Lords command then b/c he did baptize Crispus and even more people.

If you would have just read the two verses before (1Cor.1:17) you would know this.

14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; (1Cor.1:14)

16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas:(1Cor.1:16)

I am not going to follow anyone who teaches Paul did not baptize anyone.

theancientplan.com
Paul Baptized Crispus

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

William wrote:
The revelation of the mystery does not have anything to do with the book of Revelation.
Just like whenever the word "baptism" shows up, it should not automatically be associated with "water". Especially where Romans 6 is concerned, since Paul was NOT sent to baptize with water.
We will lay aside for now the fact that (1Cor.1:14,16) says Paul baptized Crispus and Gaius and a complete family (not sure how you missed that info). And we will move on to what you said about (Rom. 6:4) not referring to water.

Let's look at what some scholars have to say about (Rom. 6:4).

(Rom. 6:4)

Barnes -

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Therefore we are buried ...-

It is altogether probable that the apostle in this place had allusion to the custom of baptizing by immersion.

Adam Clarke -

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. We are buried with him by baptism into death -

It is probable that the apostle here alludes to the mode of administering baptism by immersion, the whole body being put under the water

Me - William, looks Like I best take these men's advice on the matter.

theancientplan.com

gbntv.org
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Title of this thread:

What Is A Cult?

Answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Christian

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Bobby wrote:
Title of this thread:
What Is A Cult?
Answer:
What is a Cult?

1. Any group which will lie to you is a cult.

2. Tell you to come down to the altar (steps inside a building)).

3. Teach you that saying the "sinners prayer" will save you.

4. Teach you once saved always saved.

5. Teach you original sin.

6. Teach you that each denomination is a part of the one church of Christ.(1Cor.12:20).

7. Take the Lords supper quarterly and not ever first day of the week. Why take up money and not partake of the Lords Supper? Enough Said.

8 Tell you using Instrumental music in worship is ok.

9. Tell you that we are under no law today (Gal. 6:1,2)(Jas. 1:25)

10. Teach you faith "ALONE" saves.(James 2:24)

*I would also like to add the things Jeffery Jeffers said in the OP.

1. Any church which was just established in the last several 100 years is a cult (any church not established in 33AD).

2. Any church which uses something other than the bible for their guide (rule) to heaven is a cult.(Phil 3:16)(2Jn9)(1Peter 4:11)

3. Any church which was established by a man is a cult.(Acts 20:28)

4. Any church which has an earthly headquarters is a cult.(Acts 2:30-33)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.(Rom. 10:17)

...for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.(Rom. 14:23)

theancientplan.com
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

In fact the problem is so bad that there is a recovery group available for church of christ cult members.

http://ex-churchofchrist.com/

Hey nova are you enjoying this yet?
Christian

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
In fact the problem is so bad that there is a recovery group available for church of christ cult members.
http://ex-churchofchrist.com/
Hey nova are you enjoying this yet?
"Bad" is in the eye of the beholder Booby.

The fruit tree will bear much more and better fruit if the tree is pruned from time to time. In the church there are several ways of pruning.

1. Some people begin the race and do not grow roots deep enough to stay and bear fruit (Luke 8:13). So they fall away (Ga. 5:4)(1Cor.9:27)

2. Some people commit sin in a continual manner and the Lord said if they will not repent deliver them to Satan (1Cor.5:5).

They need to be disfellowshipped in hopes of saving their souls.(Mt.18:15-17)(Luke 17:3,4)(2Thess.3:6,14)(Rom. 16:17,18).

This works well if the whole congregation works together on this matter.

11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.(Luke 8:10-15)

Many disciples left the Lord and walked with Him no more.

66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.(Jn 6:66)

The Lord did not cry about their departure. He did not chase them down. He said the following -

67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

...Will ye also go away?

...Will ye also go away?

...Will ye also go away?

We are saddened anytime people leave the Lords church but we are not going to make anyone follow the Lord.

Salvation is in the Lords church (Acts 2:47)(Eph. 5:23)(2Tim. 2:10).

Not one soul is save outside the Lords church and we do not apologize for teaching truth (1Tim.2:4)(Jn 17:17).

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.(Jn 15:6)

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (2Thess. 1:7-9)

Those who "know not God and that obey not the gospel" will burn in hell forever so says (2Thess.1:7-9).

theancientplan.com

gbntv.org
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (2Thess. 1:7-9)

Those who "know not God and that obey not the gospel" will burn in hell forever so says (2Thess.1:7-9).

So ... what is THE gospel of Jesus Christ? Gotta know it in order to obey it.

What, exactly, is it and where is it found? Please give scriptual references.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Quitman Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Quitman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••