The Kingdom
Alison

Caddo Mills, TX

#1 Oct 17, 2012
The Kingdom -> Part 1,2,3,4,5

http://www.housetohouse.com/MediaPlayer.aspx...
Its Here Now

Emory, TX

#2 Dec 11, 2012

Have you been taught the kingdom and the church are two separate things?

Have you been taught the Kingdom has not yet been established?

Have you been taught that Jesus will return to the earth one day in the future and establish His physical kingdom.

Have you been taught Jesus will establish His Kingdom in Jerusalem upon His return to the earth?

May I humbly say the things above are all false.

None of them can be found in the Bible.

It may very well shock you to learn the things above and I hope it will shock you to the point you will search the word of God to prove or disprove the points above are either true or false.

*(Jn 5:39)(Acts 17:11)

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me...6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.(1Jn 4:1-6)

You can learn more about these things here.

gbntv.org

thegospelofchrist.com
William

Columbus, GA

#3 Feb 2, 2013
Acts 2:29-35 says otherwise.

Sosthenes

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 9, 2013
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.(Mt.16:18,19)

The "kingdom" and the "church" as used above are interchangable. The "Keys" (words) to the kingdom also fits teh church.

3 Now ye are clean through the "WORD" which I have spoken unto you.(Jn 15:3)

14 Who shall tell thee "words", whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.(Acts 11:14)

These "words" (Truth) are the "keys" which open the door to the church / kingdom.

theancientplan.com
Its Within You

Greenville, TX

#5 Mar 1, 2013
Jn 18:36 -

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Gospel Broadcasting Network

gbntv.org

We're interested in your soul not your money.
William

Macon, GA

#6 Mar 1, 2013
"... BUT NOW is my kingdom not from hence."

It will be one day though.

Sosthenes

Location hidden

#7 Mar 3, 2013
William wrote:
"... BUT NOW is my kingdom not from hence."
It will be one day though.
Jesus will never set one foot on earth again.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.(1Thess.4:16)

... shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.(1Thess.4:16)

... shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.(1Thess.4:16)

The faithful go to meet the Lord in the air when the Lord returns.

...so shall we ever be with the Lord.

gbntv.org

We're interested in your soul not your money.
William

Birmingham, AL

#8 Mar 4, 2013
"Jesus will never set one foot on earth again."

Well, OK then.
William

Birmingham, AL

#9 Mar 5, 2013
Zechariah 14:1-4 (KJV)

1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 AND HIS FEET SHALL STAND IN THAT DAY UPON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

I won't bother posting the rest of the chapter. Just pay close attention to verse 4. Or did this already happen in AD 70 when Titus and the Roman army came to Israel? Did Christ just come "in spirit" then?

Your theology is no better than that of the Catholic church, which believes the exact same stuff that the CoC does regarding the return of Christ.

Sosthenes

Location hidden

#10 Mar 15, 2013
William wrote:
Zechariah 14:1-4 (KJV)
1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 AND HIS FEET SHALL STAND IN THAT DAY UPON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
I won't bother posting the rest of the chapter. Just pay close attention to verse 4. Or did this already happen in AD 70 when Titus and the Roman army came to Israel? Did Christ just come "in spirit" then?
Your theology is no better than that of the Catholic church, which believes the exact same stuff that the CoC does regarding the return of Christ.
This is an OT section of scripture which prophesied of the "first" coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is NOT referring to the second coming of the Lord.

The following Scriptures will back me up on this point.

It speaks of the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.(1Thess.4:16)

the Lord himself shall descend from heaven

and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up

together with them in the clouds

to meet the Lord in the air:

and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

*The above is what I teach can you refute it?

Both the faithful dead an the faithful living will meet the Lord in the air when the Lord come back for the 2nd time and so shall we ever be with the Lord (in the air) NOT ON THE PHYSICAL EARTH.

What were you saying about my Theology?

thegospelofchrist.com

whybaptism.org

gbntv.org
William

Phenix City, AL

#11 Mar 17, 2013
"... and His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives."

Shall stand upon on the mount of Olives, says the word of God. You just don't believe it.

(I bet if this verse had something to do with water baptism, you people would fall on the sword over it though, since water baptism is really all that you worship.)

Sosthenes

Location hidden

#12 Mar 22, 2013
William wrote:
"... and His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives."
Shall stand upon on the mount of Olives, says the word of God. You just don't believe it.
(I bet if this verse had something to do with water baptism, you people would fall on the sword over it though, since water baptism is really all that you worship.)
This is an OT section of scripture which prophesied of the "first" coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is NOT referring to the SECOND coming of the Lord.

The following Scriptures will back me up on this point.

It speaks of the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

the Lord himself shall descend from heaven

and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up

together with them in the clouds

to meet the Lord in the air:

and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

*The above is what I teach can you refute it?

Both the faithful dead an the faithful living will meet the Lord in the air when the Lord come back for the 2nd time and so shall we ever be with the Lord (in the air) NOT ON THE PHYSICAL EARTH.

What were you saying about my Theology?

thegospelofchrist.com

whybaptism.org

gbntv.org
William

Birmingham, AL

#13 Mar 22, 2013
"This is an OT section of scripture which prophesied of the "first" coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is NOT referring to the SECOND coming of the Lord."

Well, let's continue to read and see if that is true:

Zechariah 14:9-11 (KJV)

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Was the Lord king over all the earth at his first coming? Sitting on the long-prophesied throne of David?

10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.

11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

Was Jerusalem "safely inhabited" during his time on earth? I seem to recall that the city was occupied by the Roman army. The Jews even told Pilate that they had no king but Caesar. And, has Jerusalem been "safely inhabited" since he came? How about over there today?

No, these verses deal with Christ setting foot on the mount of Olives at the second coming. And then he shall reign just like he said he was going to.

Sosthenes

Location hidden

#14 Mar 27, 2013
(Isa 2:1-5)

1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

In The last days (after the fdeath of Jesus)

LORD'S house shall be established

all nations shall flow unto it.

and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Above you see the Lords house (His Church/ Kingdom) was to be established in the last days in Jerusalem. Notice they will turn from a people of war of the OT to a people of peace (as Chrstians).

http://www.missionprinting.us/pub.html

Click on "publications"

William

Birmingham, AL

#15 Mar 30, 2013
Zechariah 14:11

And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

Was Jerusalem "safely inhabited" during his time on earth? Doesn't seem very likely, since he was K-I-L-L-E-D there.

Sosthenes

Location hidden

#16 Apr 6, 2013
William wrote:
Zechariah 14:11
And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
Was Jerusalem "safely inhabited" during his time on earth? Doesn't seem very likely, since he was K-I-L-L-E-D there.
And men shall dwell in it...

Question: Did the Lord stand on the mount of olives? YES

Notice what happens next.

Note vs.- 8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem;

What does Living Waters refer too?

Note -(Jn 4:10)

10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?

Note - this "Living Water" is coming from Jerusalem.

Doesn't (Isa.2:1-5) prophecy of a time when the law of the Lord would go forth from Jerusalem?

go forth from Jerusalem

go forth from Jerusalem

go forth from Jerusalem

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

and he will teach us of his ways,

and we will walk in his paths:

for out of Zion shall go forth the law,

and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

from Jerusalem.

from Jerusalem.

from Jerusalem.

Just because Jerusalem was nice and quiet for a time does not mean it was going to remain that way. The Jews rejected the Lord and his ways and they paid for it.(Mt.23:38)

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Can you tell me what "That Days" is referring to in (Zech.14:8)

Notice verse 9 speaks of the Lord being the king of all the earth in "that day".

9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day...

Could "that day" be referring too the beginning of the last days? When the Law of the Lord (NT Law) would be going out from Jerusalem?

(Joel 2:28)- 28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; ...

The prophecy of Joel happened in (Acts 2).

Notice - 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:...(Acts 2:17)

This happened with the Jews in (Acts 2) and the Gentiles in (Acts 10).

That would include "all flesh" (Jew/Gentile).

They all entered the church (body/kingdom) through one gospel (not two different gospels).(Rom. 1:16)

The Lord added the saved to the church (body/ kingdom) according to (Acts 2:47). The ones which gladly obeyed (Acts 2:38,41,42)were added to the kingdom by the Lord as (Acts 2:47) states.

This means {all the saved} are located in the church (kingdom/body).

There are no saved outside the church (body/kingdom).

Jesus was going to return for the church (the body/the kingdom) just as (Eph.5:23) says.

...Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Christ is to save one body (church/kingdom)

There is but one body (kingdom/church) according to (1Cor.12:20).

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

thetruthinlove.com

The truth in Love TV program comes on each Sunday morning at 7:30am on channel 27 in the DFW area.

William

Atlanta, GA

#17 Apr 6, 2013
When was Jerusalem "safely inhabited" during Christ's earthly ministry?

NEVER. Not once.
Emmit T

Carrollton, TX

#18 Sep 29, 2013
Which kingdom is being spoken about in (Col.1:13)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quitman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Does The Church of Christ Teach? (Jun '13) May 15 Sosthenes 261
News Hung Jury Leaves Land-Feud Murder Trial Undecided (Apr '08) May 14 Bagwell Resident 30
Family murder in Emory, Texas (Jun '08) May 14 Bagwell Resident 3
News Husband, stepfather arrested in December double... (Oct '08) May 14 Bagwell Resident 6
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 14 Jack 993
Religious Groups Boycott Target Stores Apr '16 VelvetElvis 2
Winnsboro Newspaper (Aug '09) Apr '16 More info 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quitman Mortgages