boiledpeanut1

Nashville, GA

#1 Apr 11, 2011
was there a super named Humphrey used to work in Quitman does anyone know about that?
watch out

United States

#2 May 25, 2011
Yea he likes it freaky.
reyn

Nashville, GA

#3 Jun 14, 2011
no-there was a superintendent Humphrey- and compared to what is going on today- HE was THE BEST thing that ever happened to Brooks Co- where oh where is he now?
what

Slater, IA

#4 Jun 15, 2011
What's wrong with Brooks County now? The high school is the best in the south. Look at the graduation test results, we out performed everyone!
reyn

Nashville, GA

#5 Jun 15, 2011
what wrote:
What's wrong with Brooks County now? The high school is the best in the south. Look at the graduation test results, we out performed everyone!
I agree with you about the grad. test being the BEST! But that is the staff and the principal's hard work- but have you heard what they are doing in the system now? Moving the 3 administrators from the schools where there is FINALLY gains and improvement. If you have any suggestions on this- please respond. BCHS is a wonderful school and Mr. Akers did a great job and we hope that things will change over the summer-
what

Slater, IA

#6 Jun 16, 2011
the problem is the new memebers of the school board. While awaiting trial, they are still in position and are making changes. The superintendent made her recommendations to keep everybody where they were and the board voted it down 4-2 (4 black vs 2 white). So with contract deadlines approaching and the worry about having a divided board, the superintendent met with the chairman (Dennard) and came to a resolution. Bottom line, everybody still has a job even though they are shuffled around a little bit. While I don't agree with it, I must say it will keep the administrators fresh and they will have a wider range of experience. This is NOT the superintendents fault. This is the work of voter fraud electees.
220GAL

Douglas, GA

#7 Jun 20, 2011
what wrote:
the problem is the new memebers of the school board. While awaiting trial, they are still in position and are making changes. The superintendent made her recommendations to keep everybody where they were and the board voted it down 4-2 (4 black vs 2 white). So with contract deadlines approaching and the worry about having a divided board, the superintendent met with the chairman (Dennard) and came to a resolution. Bottom line, everybody still has a job even though they are shuffled around a little bit. While I don't agree with it, I must say it will keep the administrators fresh and they will have a wider range of experience. This is NOT the superintendents fault. This is the work of voter fraud electees.
I know you are right in saying it was NOT the superintendent's fault- but local people need and can do something - Call Ellis Black the rep for this area and report it- According to him citizens need to call SACS-CASI because what the BOE is doing is called MICROMANAGING and it is not appropriate or LEGAL- but citizens need to report it if they feel things are not right with the schools If you have any contacts in Brooks Co try to encourage them to do this- I intend on it since I was informed- Keep posting updates if you learn of new events that will help the students and citizens in BC I have looked at the BC website and see the results from testing and things look great for the schools-
But BIG changes and unhappy work conditions will have impact

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quitman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Kendrick Johnson Circus Gets More Insane An... (Sep '13) 4 hr RoxofoxeR 703
Karen Bell's son gets picked on. (Feb '14) 5 hr kkamp 563
Statement from Georgia Southern Christian Leade... 5 hr RoxofoxeR 160
Brian Bell, Rick Bell, Brandon Bell & Karen Bell 6 hr Lawsuit is frivol... 4
Florida could become South’s prime gay wedding ... 8 hr Sheriff Bart - Ro... 3
RIP Kendrick Johnson page Posts 8 hr Sheriff Bart - Ro... 31
Great State of the Union Address by President O... 16 hr Sheriff Bart - Ro... 11

Flood Warning for Brooks County was issued at January 27 at 3:54AM EST

Quitman Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Quitman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:15 am PST

ESPN 8:15AM
Jaguars hire Greg Olson as O-coordinator