Lowndes County Sheriff Job Rating

Lowndes County Sheriff Job Rating

Posted in the Quitman Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
well

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2009
i hear he is wasting thousands of dollars a vehicle to restripe them, in such a poor economy should he not wait and as the vehicles are phased out stripe the new ones?
get it right

Valdosta, GA

#2 Aug 25, 2009
well wrote:
i hear he is wasting thousands of dollars a vehicle to restripe them, in such a poor economy should he not wait and as the vehicles are phased out stripe the new ones?
Only the new vehicles are being striped with the newer graphics.

Since: Jul 09

Fitzgerald, GA

#3 Aug 25, 2009
All should be re-striped IAW code section 40-8-91. Sheriff Prine should know this as long as he was a trooper. If the units are in compliance, it leaves him no other choice but to do the right thing. I applaud him and would respect him even more, if he were to step up to the plate and stop his deputies from making traffic stops until such time all their units are in compliance.
Valdostan 2

Valdosta, GA

#4 Aug 27, 2009
Big Coke wrote:
All should be re-striped IAW code section 40-8-91. Sheriff Prine should know this as long as he was a trooper. If the units are in compliance, it leaves him no other choice but to do the right thing. I applaud him and would respect him even more, if he were to step up to the plate and stop his deputies from making traffic stops until such time all their units are in compliance.
How are they not in compliance now? The older cars have the same marking now that they had when Ashley was Sheriff, so if they are not in compliance now, they weren't in compliance then and no one complained about it.

Since: Jul 09

Fitzgerald, GA

#5 Aug 27, 2009
If it's not written, it never happened. The code section, 40-8-91, clearly states that the units are not marked properly. It is not a case against Paulk nor Prine. The code section read the same when Paulk was the Sheriff, as it does now. Read it. Secondly, we did not have this discussion when Paulk was the Sheriff.
The Shadow

Valdosta, GA

#6 Aug 27, 2009
40-8-91 (f) - An otherwise lawful arrest shall not be invalidaded or in any manner affected by failure to comply with this Code section.
mr clean

Valdosta, GA

#7 Aug 28, 2009
Big Coke what are you talking about. The patrol units at the SO are marked within this law. The only vehicle that are not are the investigators vehicles.The new patrol cars are also clearly markes under this law. Read the Shadows post he is very correct.Read Ga 40-8-91(f) or clarify what you mean because you double talked in your above posts.
Ron

Valdosta, GA

#8 Aug 30, 2009
The new patrol cars do not have the full name of the agency in letters 3 inches or larger as required by law.
BUT it doesn't really matter becuase case law states it doesn't invalidate an arrest or ticket.
wasting money

United States

#9 Aug 31, 2009
Prine is wasting money on the cars and also wants to spend money to get new uniforms after money was recently spent on the uniforms they are wearing. Why not use the drug seized money on things that will offset the money that tax payers have to absorb. We need a Sheriff that does things for the department, not for himself and personal agendas such as his buddy O'Steen and his new position. Not a certified law enforcement officer but riding around in a marked patrol vehicle with a gun and two dogs, what a liability to lowndes county.
Mr clean

Valdosta, GA

#10 Sep 1, 2009
wasting money wrote:
Prine is wasting money on the cars and also wants to spend money to get new uniforms after money was recently spent on the uniforms they are wearing. Why not use the drug seized money on things that will offset the money that tax payers have to absorb. We need a Sheriff that does things for the department, not for himself and personal agendas such as his buddy O'Steen and his new position. Not a certified law enforcement officer but riding around in a marked patrol vehicle with a gun and two dogs, what a liability to lowndes county.
Who is O'steen and wher did they come from? I work at the SO and have not never heard of this person.By the way he would like to change these ugly PD looking uniforms but has told us we would have to live with them for now because there is no extra money. As far as using drug seized funds for vehicle if the prior administration had not run through the money like water after they lost there might be some to spend.You know ashley said he would take care of us no matter who was the sheriff. You sure can not tell by my paycheck. I am sure Sheriff Prine would buys cars from Drug funds if the County commissoners would fund raises and other expenses.
Wasting Money

Dillon, SC

#11 Sep 1, 2009
wasting money wrote:
Prine is wasting money on the cars and also wants to spend money to get new uniforms after money was recently spent on the uniforms they are wearing. Why not use the drug seized money on things that will offset the money that tax payers have to absorb. We need a Sheriff that does things for the department, not for himself and personal agendas such as his buddy O'Steen and his new position. Not a certified law enforcement officer but riding around in a marked patrol vehicle with a gun and two dogs, what a liability to lowndes county.
The only people wasting were Ashley Paulk and J.D. Yeager when they went on that massive spending spree before they left office.

They knew that those dog ugly black uniforms were cheap and would not hold up worth a damn. The uniforms do not wear or wash/ dry clean well. To boot they did not even order enough of them to get the employees thru an entire week.

As far as the cars like the base model chargers (from Crash and Burn) and don't do the upgrades.. then you get what you pay for. The deputies and the department as a whole put a lot of miles in the line of duty on those cars. It is not the LCSO's fault that they burned out.

Don't blame the new administration down at the LCSO for the past administrations problems.
well

United States

#12 Sep 1, 2009
mr.clean, ostean came from the prison and was given a job in the jail on a specialty unit and is going to the academy soon, each of which he is stepping over some of the other hard workers there. i am sure that was a campaign promise filled, just like other hirings. i don't like the uniforms either, i just hope he waits until they need new ones to change the uniform, as a cost saving measure. i agree everyone there needs a raise, however i also know the administration started with over a million in drug seized funds, anyone who attends the commission meetings knows this. in saying this there should be raises, just getting there is the problem.

waisting money, when people bid on the cars, they bid the same car, the car is built by the same company wether it be ford or dodge, so cass burch or valdosta chrystler, the car would be bid the same, break down the same. the lower bid wins and thats the way it should be.
Mr clean

Valdosta, GA

#13 Sep 2, 2009
well wrote:
mr.clean, ostean came from the prison and was given a job in the jail on a specialty unit and is going to the academy soon, each of which he is stepping over some of the other hard workers there. i am sure that was a campaign promise filled, just like other hirings. i don't like the uniforms either, i just hope he waits until they need new ones to change the uniform, as a cost saving measure. i agree everyone there needs a raise, however i also know the administration started with over a million in drug seized funds, anyone who attends the commission meetings knows this. in saying this there should be raises, just getting there is the problem.
waisting money, when people bid on the cars, they bid the same car, the car is built by the same company wether it be ford or dodge, so cass burch or valdosta chrystler, the car would be bid the same, break down the same. the lower bid wins and thats the way it should be.
Ok well I stand corrected about O'steen. I did some checking and you are correct. I beleive he was hired because of the speciality training that he has with tracking dogs. These bloodhounds will be an assest for our department and it might be that this person may be more quailified than those that are being passed over.you know this is something that Ashley/Yeager did all the time. Remember his sister and brother-in-law
well

United States

#14 Sep 2, 2009
very good point, i was told by people that worked with them that they too were qualified, so i guess both are wrong for doing it. qualified or not, i hear he is already in a marked patrol car with a gun, but not certified, is that too correct? do you think that might be some liability on the county?
well

United States

#15 Sep 2, 2009
Rob Pacciotti, Chris Burke and Troy Black all worked this case, and I wouldn’t trade these guys for anything in the world,” Prine said, was in the paper today. how is it rob is the model employee but a couple months ago wasn't he demoted? kind of a double standard is it not?
give it up

United States

#16 Sep 9, 2009
well wrote:
Rob Pacciotti, Chris Burke and Troy Black all worked this case, and I wouldn’t trade these guys for anything in the world,” Prine said, was in the paper today. how is it rob is the model employee but a couple months ago wasn't he demoted? kind of a double standard is it not?
i have read this comment, but i can't find the case you are referring to. can you help me out? thanks.
well

United States

#17 Sep 9, 2009
well

United States

#18 Sep 23, 2009
i hear the gentleman discussed earlier, osteen, who was supposedly hired for his k-9 expertise and jail abilities allowed his k-9 to get out of the kennel today, costing tax payers money because they had to send out a deputy search party for the k-9. if this is the expertise he brought to this agency there should be some questions asked about his hiring.
not really

Dillon, SC

#19 Sep 23, 2009
well wrote:
i hear the gentleman discussed earlier, osteen, who was supposedly hired for his k-9 expertise and jail abilities allowed his k-9 to get out of the kennel today, costing tax payers money because they had to send out a deputy search party for the k-9. if this is the expertise he brought to this agency there should be some questions asked about his hiring.
sir, there should be a LOT of questions asked about A LOT ot the hiring practices of this administration. he should be trying to keep the officers that have given the better part of their lives to the county. i said from the beginning that he would shoot his own foot off by doijng just what he is doing. not only the people he has hired, but the people he has promoted that have NO qualifications for the positions they are now holding.
well

United States

#20 Nov 20, 2009
The new administration promoted a new hire as the new k-9 supervisor. What are his qualifications? A kennel master 10 years ago in the military never worked a day as a police officer k-9 handler, very interesting. They promote someone newly hired over the more qualified people currently working there with tons more experience. This is simply a further example of the good ole boy system at work. I just hope the agency still has something left by the time 3 more years come around. I will not even start on the look of the vehicles being restriped to look like GSP. The sheriff is simply trying to bring back the way things were 40 years ago with the look of the vehicles, what’s next the way he treats people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quitman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good News Thread (Jan '16) 12 min Time 4,675
New Evidence 38 min Not Bon Jovi 5,738
Pro tips > (Jun '16) 1 hr Time 849
Epstein/Trump/Acosta/Dersh Connection 1 hr Time 22
Drop some random knowledge > (Aug '16) 2 hr Time 492
NRA Chapter 6 - National Russian Association 2 hr Time 219
Kavanaugh Confirmation 3 hr Time 1,713

Quitman Jobs

Personal Finance

Quitman Mortgages