First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Clarity

Fitzgerald, GA

#42 Oct 13, 2011
Teapartier wrote:
<quoted text>
a little unusual that the Sheriff can tear up a ticket. Isn't that the job of the Courts? If anybody but the Court orders a ticket "disposed of", that would be ticket fixing.
Actually, tickets issued by the Sheriff's department are property of the Sheriff's department. The Sheriff can legally dismiss etc.. the citation. Also due to an influx in calls to the Georgia State Patrol Post the Commander granted the Sheriff the authority to review and take action on a GSP citation should it be necessary. So no, it's not "ticket fixing" and technically if a citation should or could be dealt with BEFORE court that is more helpful than hurtful. Also I have seen Sheriff Deweys own family have to pay tickets so I can personally ashure you that if a ticket is lowered or dismissed it was reasonable. However; I will say this in 5 years I have never seen anyone "tear up" a ticket much a less a woman so that person wasnt being truthful.
Teapartier

Rome, GA

#43 Oct 14, 2011
I can accept that as being factual, and legal I suppose. Sure is a slippery slope though. Personally, I like the idea of ticket disposition by the Courts only. Whether in chambers or open court, I just don't personally feel that once a cop writes a ticket, it can be made to go away without a Judicial officer looking at it first. Your point is well taken.
realist

United States

#44 May 4, 2012
BOUTWELL IS A REAL ASS AND WILL EVENTUALLY CAUSE THE COUNTY TO GET SUED FOR BIG BUCKS. Gutless Dewey likes him so guess he and P. Kimble can run the Dept.
All Dewey knows is what he learned from the crook Chafin - so what can we expect. Dump this Mayberry hick now before it is too late . Sorry to let you know but Brooks Count is still Mayberry but worse with more crooks.y
teapartier

Rome, GA

#45 May 16, 2012
I hope they make Chafin, if found guilty to serve as inmate labor until his sentence is complete. I'm sorry that has happened to what I know are very good folks in Brooks County. We have some problems of our own up here in the north and we are trying to replace him with what we know is an honest man.
Siteseer

United States

#46 Oct 5, 2016
realist wrote:
BOUTWELL IS A REAL ASS AND WILL EVENTUALLY CAUSE THE COUNTY TO GET SUED FOR BIG BUCKS. Gutless Dewey likes him so guess he and P. Kimble can run the Dept.
All Dewey knows is what he learned from the crook Chafin - so what can we expect. Dump this Mayberry hick now before it is too late . Sorry to let you know but Brooks Count is still Mayberry but worse with more crooks.y
Looks like you were right. It took a while to come to the surface but now it's here in all its stinking glory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quitman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pro tips > (Jun '16) 4 min Rainbow Dots 420
Melt Thread II (Jan '16) 7 min Rainbow Dots 1,693
Can we talk about the new federal lawsuit? 10 min Rainbow Dots 11,422
Standing Rock 19 min Rainbow Dots 39
Positive Trump Thread > 23 min Rainbow Dots 15
Trump supporters > 27 min Rainbow Dots 2,481
Got any favorite song lyrics? 1 hr TOM67 56

Quitman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance