Ten arrested after voter fraud invest...

Ten arrested after voter fraud investigation

There are 15 comments on the WALB-TV Albany story from Dec 21, 2010, titled Ten arrested after voter fraud investigation. In it, WALB-TV Albany reports that:

The suspects are accused of illegally helping people vote by absentee ballot. State officials launched an investigation after a huge number of absentee ballots were cast in the July primary election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WALB-TV Albany.

ava

Alachua, FL

#1 Dec 22, 2010
I was raised in Quitman most of my life and have always known about the difference in the way people are treated. However I saw a totally different picture. Brooks county is not about race unless you make it that way, Brooks county is about status. If you are a land owner, you can make your own rules. If you are the field hand which I was, you are never anything but the help. In the feilds skin color was not an issue everyone worked side by side. Your family name was known by how hard you worked or how lazy you were. Yes I am white, but thanks to the name my older siblings made for there self, I never stood a chance to be any thing in Quitman but there sister. So I know how it feels to be pointed at, singled out, and left out, however This should be about breaking the law, not color, white skin never got me anywhere, that I didnt work for.
jack

Avondale Estates, GA

#2 Dec 22, 2010
Whites run Brooks County.If this was voter fraud then they should pay for the crime. Even if they didn't do anything whites would STILL discount blacks stating race is a problem so either way racism will always be over looked. However, I do know the GBI will not get involved if this was just to ruff up a few ol southern folks. They obviously have something on them sad to say.
Prayer Warrior

United States

#3 Dec 23, 2010
Unfortunately Jack, the GBI can be BOUGHT and Corrupt just like any given political machine in the world. So sad, the grandchildren of the Mary Turner lynch party are using modern day tactics for an old-fashioned wholesale "LYNCHING" and "SILENCING" of "uppity black Negroes". You don't know "Jack" about politics. Who is investigating the "GBI"? Who is investigating the "Secretary of State?" Voting has-and remains-the "Key" way to suppress free voices. And no, it was not about color-initially. It is about POWER, MONEY and CORRUPTION at the top. Layers upon layers of "Hidden and suppressed Brooks county-therefore, American history is bubbling to the top-and that-not from man, but GOD!!! This is a painful situation to all of us god loving folks in Brooks county. But it has to be told..We love Brooks county...ancestors have died..and will continue to die for America. And GOD will continue to protect us from the evil and hatred so manifested in the hearts of bigoted, virulent people of ALL COLORS.

“GO VIKINGS!”

Since: Jul 09

Valdosta Ga.

#4 Dec 23, 2010
Can someone tell me why April is smiling on her mugshot. I'll hang up and listen. GO VIKINGS!
big popa

Moultrie, GA

#5 Dec 23, 2010
For everybodys information not the first white filed a complaint about the election fraud it was all blacks. And James Maxwell has allready approached a black deputy to run for sherrif can you believe this,He was told they would make him win. Thats Brave it's not the whites thats going to stop this it's the good black citizens in our community that do own property and pay taxes.Whats just happened here is a federal crime somebody is going to prison.
voting citizen

Moultrie, GA

#6 Dec 23, 2010
all involved in the election say they did nothing wrong well thats great .But could someone tell what was done right if nothing was done wrong
jack

Decatur, GA

#7 Dec 23, 2010
oxman66... you are right why was she smiling and the other lady Kecia was smiling also like this was a joke. The main thing again is that if they are lying then they need to be put in prison but doesn't it seem pretty strange that the losers are going through this much as if there something being hidden by the existing board members or superintendent . Either way I am now waiting to hear what the GBI has to say before I state my piece,
Morvenite

United States

#8 Dec 24, 2010
big popa wrote:
For everybodys information not the first white filed a complaint about the election fraud it was all blacks. And James Maxwell has allready approached a black deputy to run for sherrif can you believe this,He was told they would make him win. Thats Brave it's not the whites thats going to stop this it's the good black citizens in our community that do own property and pay taxes.Whats just happened here is a federal crime somebody is going to prison.
BIg Poppa. It is okay. Black people can perform just as well as whites. Don't get bent all out of shape. We have no desire to see white people shackled, abused, mangled, enslaved, imprisoned, denied the right to roam freely as you choose. What is wrong with a black sheriff in Brooks county? So..all this is not about COLOR right? For your information, dear brother, the majority of the people arrested are property owners in Brooks county...AND HIGHLY RESPECTED CITIZENS!! Easy to see how MOB mentalities form..SO..SO..SAD..We must still fight to keep you from taking us back to slavery. Isn't that where you want us to be? I love you Big Poppa. Pray we all see Jesus in PEACE.
Brooks County Citizen

United States

#9 Dec 24, 2010
voting citizen wrote:
all involved in the election say they did nothing wrong well thats great .But could someone tell what was done right if nothing was done wrong
What was done RIGHT is the SILENT MAJORITY in Brooks County got out, canvassed the community, got ALL people of ALL ages, sexes, COLORS to VOTE. First time ever in BROOKS COUNTY history!!! THE DEVIL-be he black..as in RONALD BRYANT...white as in CLAUDE BUTLER...LARRY CUNNINGHAM..BRAD SHEALY and ALL the others...and don't forget about BIG MONEY and POWER...ALL you who sit on high and manipulate the masses..YALL created this WITCH HUNT (and that had to be finally ordained by my MOST HIGH-GOD) so now, all us INNOCENT CHRISTIANS)-no..offense to Jews, Muslims, Indians, etc..but CHRISTIANITY IS ALL I KNOW. Anyway, now we have to STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT. GOD HELP US!! PLEASE FATHER!!! PROTECT US ALL FROM THE WICKED AND EVIL!...WE LOVE YOU, LORD. AND YOU KNOW WE LOVE BROOKS COUNTY. HELP US!!!
voting citizen

Moultrie, GA

#10 Dec 25, 2010
Brooks County Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>What was done RIGHT is the SILENT MAJORITY in Brooks County got out, canvassed the community, got ALL people of ALL ages, sexes, COLORS to VOTE. First time ever in BROOKS COUNTY history!!! THE DEVIL-be he black..as in RONALD BRYANT...white as in CLAUDE BUTLER...LARRY CUNNINGHAM..BRAD SHEALY and ALL the others...and don't forget about BIG MONEY and POWER...ALL you who sit on high and manipulate the masses..YALL created this WITCH HUNT (and that had to be finally ordained by my MOST HIGH-GOD) so now, all us INNOCENT CHRISTIANS)-no..offense to Jews, Muslims, Indians, etc..but CHRISTIANITY IS ALL I KNOW. Anyway, now we have to STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT. GOD HELP US!! PLEASE FATHER!!! PROTECT US ALL FROM THE WICKED AND EVIL!...WE LOVE YOU, LORD. AND YOU KNOW WE LOVE BROOKS COUNTY. HELP US!!!
But why did so many go to vote and find they had done voted in the absentee ballott and they swore they had not voted absentee. they were the ones that called the GBI and reported abuse I'm not having a trial just looking for answers.
big popa

Moultrie, GA

#11 Dec 25, 2010
big popa say he don't mind a black sheriff as long as he wins by the true vote and not a illegal absentee, just made to win is what scares big popa we has enuff corruption in this county with out the lord having a intrest in that too. seem the lord is involved in everythang bad de question is who's lord is it. seems the founding fathers constitution never mentioned illegal voting if so someone please point that out to big popa so us can also votes like that and not be afraid of retribution by de law.I would say now they wuz highly respected by whom, their peers.
what

United States

#12 Dec 25, 2010
wow
big mama

Moultrie, GA

#13 Dec 26, 2010
I have a cousin in jail now, he said he's not guilty of his crime he never has been, But he's allways in jail for the same crimes. I said cuz you know what kind of bird don't fly he says yea a jail bird.
what

United States

#14 Dec 27, 2010
rotflmao
James Maxwell

United States

#15 Dec 4, 2011
Is this the man from Rochester Ny, wives name is China?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quitman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good News Thread (Jan '16) 4 min Disco 2,593
Trump supporters > (Aug '16) 27 min Disco 2,985
Melt Thread II (Jan '16) 58 min Disco 2,244
maga (Nov '16) 1 hr Disco 1,340
Random one sentence thoughts > (Jul '16) 1 hr plum 252
Drip..Drip...Downpour... 1 hr Disco 373
News Paramedic report comes to light in Kendrick Joh... (May '13) 2 hr TOM67 3,604

Quitman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quitman Mortgages