Military finding an oasis at Brooks County riding facility

Oct 23, 2010 Full story: Valdosta Daily Times

Hopes and Dreams Riding Facility's wide open spaces comfort Matt Wingate. A 17-year Marine veteran, Wingate served combat tours in Bosnia, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq.

Full Story
Sheralee DeNuzzia

United States

#1 Nov 1, 2010
Hopes and Dreams provided a great time for those that came. These soldiers had a chance to really bond with the horses and enjoy family time. Some said this was the best day they have had in a long time. Some expressed they wanted more time at the location to really be ableto decompress. There were several that told me that they can't wait to come back and some were planning on bringing their families the next time. The Randalls definitely cater to those that come out. As they say "If they don't have something just let them know and they will go get it". As a first time volunteer, I can see that they are really here for the guys that have served in the military and they really just want a safe haven for them to heal from their battle wounds, whether physical or emotional. Overall a great place to relax!
Concerned Genuine Vet

Hillsborough, NC

#2 Nov 24, 2013
Matthew Wingate is a pathological liar! He hasn't spent a single day in a military uniform. How dare he claim to be a part of such an esteemed group of men and women. He does have the blood of 3 generations of 82nd Airborne running through his veins, but his mental health diagnoses prevents entrance into anything. He would be in jail but even the jailers find his reliance on mental health medications a liability and too costly.

Shame on the reporter that didn't research the person he was interviewing!

Recommend the local American Legion group check him out and see what kind of imposter he is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quitman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RoxofoxeR, is this you? 5 min RoxofoxeR 53
Statement from Georgia Southern Christian Leade... 20 min BlackMAN123 368
Ignore the drivel and gibberish of white racist... 1 hr Dylan Vonn 1
Who are y'all rooting for tonight? 1 hr You Know Who 1
How many unsolved murders of black Lowndes' res... 1 hr You Know Who 10
Rumor: Did Matt Moody's try to commit suicide a... 2 hr RoxofoxeR 7
What's for brunch? 3 hr RoxofoxeR 4
Quitman Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web