Brooks County Sheriffs Office

Posted in the Quitman Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
I KNOW

Warner Robins, GA

#1 May 4, 2011
The sheriffs office should be run as one, not one against the other. We have deputies getting complimented on something and other deputies asses are chewed for the same thing. The captain is the biggest disgrace to the county, never in uniform. Wears shorts a tee shirts that don't fit and flip flops. But he has control over the deputies. At no time does the sheriffs office work together. The narcotics department has more say so than the sheriff. Richard Chafin may be out of office be the same click so to speak still runs this county not the sheriff. We need patrol cars not a swat team that neither member is certified.
I KNOW

Moultrie, GA

#2 May 10, 2011
Don't worry about DUI just call the sheriff he'll let you go. Oh i forgot its according to who you are. We tax payers should put up a billboard coming into the county that says Welcome To The Dewey Mafia, Swat Team and other deputies.
WTF62732

Quitman, GA

#3 May 13, 2011
Really?

You ought to be friggin’ ashamed of yourself,“I KNOW.” Here’s why:

1. If you are a BCSO employee, and you don’t like what you see, CLOCK OUT and GO HOME. A wise man once told me “If you can’t change the people you’re around, change the people you’re around.”

2. Further, if you desire to make some change, MAKE SOME RANK and become someone who counts. Screaming from the back of the bleachers is futile. This post sounds like the incessant ramblings of someone who got his cookie took once too often.
3. Morale problems are remedied by following the example of someone worth following, not whining behind a cloud of anonymity. Lead and you will be followed. Whine and you will be eschewed. Unity comes from leadership, not complaining.

4. If you are a citizen, thanks a bunch smart guy. Any dope fiend, burglar, rapist or robber looking to expand his enterprise has only to read your post, decide the department is inept and come on over and start plundering. That said, any new crime as a result of this post is on your head.

5. If you aren’t part of the solution, YOU’RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
Pleased

Fort Madison, IA

#4 May 13, 2011
This is to "I Know" that should be "I ASSUME to Know" - I know Sheriff Dewey and I know that he compliments his employees when they do their jobs. If someone gets their ass chewed, I'm sure they deserved it. You say that the Sheriff's Office should work together...that would be true if everyone were all deputies and all done the same job, but that's not how it works. You have your deputies that have a certain job description, and if they get a case theft, rape, etc. it goes to investigations, drug cases go to narcotics, and DUI'S, well, they go to jail. The Sheriff has deferent departments with the chain of commands, that way he doesn't have to hold everyone's hand and tell them what to do. As for the SWAT, be thankful that we have deputies that are willing to get out there and try to make a difference, show some support!! As for the cars, call the county commissioners. And last, I can't believe that there are deputies running around in fip-flops. If you see one... please take a pic for me. Hopefully I have helped you clarify some of the things that you had misconceptions about.
People

Perry, GA

#5 May 16, 2011
Seems like PLEASED is taking up for his opinion. I KNOW seems to know someting. everybody has a right to opinion my opinion is Its time for change every where including BROOKS COUNTY and its law inforcement
Freak Show

Miami Beach, FL

#6 May 16, 2011
The Dept needs one Boss, and He needs to be THE BOSS not some lady in the courthouse. We have police officers getting shot at and no one gives a s--- what law do we have in Brooks County. Its a joke.

Since: May 11

Boston, GA

#7 May 16, 2011
TO " I KNOW"

Loyalty

If you work for a man, in heaven's name work for him. If he pays you wages which supply you bread and butter, work for him; speak well of him; stand by him, and stand by the institution he represents. If put to a pinch, an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness. If you must vilify, condemn, and eternally disparage, resign your position, and when you are outside, damn to your heart's content, but as long as you are part of the institution do not condemn it. If you do that, you are loosening the tendrils that are holding you to the institution, and at the first high wind that comes along, you will be uprooted and blown away, and will probably never know the reason why.
Elbert Hubbard
Freak Show

Miami Beach, FL

#8 May 16, 2011
To Loyalty
If you keep your mouth shut you only make it worse
for those who do care. Brooks County is the most corrupted county in the state GBI needs to be here all the time just to keep and eye on it. We need a man who is in charge,and this guy aint him,the dept is like a bunch of three year olds always fighting about something,instead of their jobs.
GET TO WORK AND QUIT WAISTING MONEY.

Since: May 11

Boston, GA

#9 May 16, 2011
WOW FREAK SHOW, seems like you didnt read that at all! It means if you can eternally find fault then maybe that isn't the place for you to be working is it? So then please quit, and just so you know I am NOT a Brooks County Employee.I do not think that Brooks County is the most corrupt in the state, NOT by a long shot. Also you should really invest in a Dictionary because, "wasting" is the word you should have used instead of "waisting"... Definatly do not need someone such as yourself as a Sheriff ......
dumbfounded

Miami Beach, FL

#10 May 16, 2011
truth is.. brooks county is a cesspool! We need a swat team and a couple of hummers like we need another industrial park. Don't need one because you have to be able to find criminals to stop them, and how can you do that with a courthouse full of cops with broken brains and dogs with broken noses? Taxes went up and we seem to be paying them to do less! Deputies tear up cars on purpose because they want new ones.. there's the broken brain I mentioned ..cost money to fix the car.
yougottabekiddin gme

Fitzgerald, GA

#11 May 16, 2011
I KNOW wrote:
The sheriffs office should be run as one, not one against the other. We have deputies getting complimented on something and other deputies asses are chewed for the same thing. The captain is the biggest disgrace to the county, never in uniform. Wears shorts a tee shirts that don't fit and flip flops. But he has control over the deputies. At no time does the sheriffs office work together. The narcotics department has more say so than the sheriff. Richard Chafin may be out of office be the same click so to speak still runs this county not the sheriff. We need patrol cars not a swat team that neither member is certified.
Ok, first we all know who you are, second, your problem with the Swat Team is that you were told NO you couldnt be on it!!! Third, it's funny you bitch about the Sheriff, cause everyone knows that if you dont get your way he's who you run to whining. Yeah that's right folks, he follows the chain of command only when it suits him, so really the people that he is bitching about (deputies playing one against the other) is actually "himself" go figure! Fourth, get real, the Capt. in uniform???? He wears BDU pants and a Dept. issued polo shirt..hmmm..last I checked that's what YOU wear (although you were issued a new uniform which you dont wear), so help me out here if that's a disgrace then what exactly are you? As for the shorts and flip flops, if your gonna type it tell the whole story, that was at an after hours meeting, NOT during a regular work day.

I'm fine with everyone on here voicing their opinion that's what this is here for and if your not happy with your local government any of it then by all means have had it. This post is directed at I KNOW because I feel like the least people should do when posting on here is 1st be honest and 2nd tell the entire story instead of the parts that just suite them.
yougottabekiddin gme

Fitzgerald, GA

#12 May 16, 2011
dumbfounded wrote:
truth is.. brooks county is a cesspool! We need a swat team and a couple of hummers like we need another industrial park. Don't need one because you have to be able to find criminals to stop them, and how can you do that with a courthouse full of cops with broken brains and dogs with broken noses? Taxes went up and we seem to be paying them to do less! Deputies tear up cars on purpose because they want new ones.. there's the broken brain I mentioned ..cost money to fix the car.
Most of the cars have well over 200K miles on them and are driven almost non stop for 12 hours a day. Many times a day upward to 100 miles an hour. That isn't safe for our deputies, no matter what you think about the Sheriff or the Deptartment these men are someones daddy, husband, brother, uncle and even grandpa. New or even used (in better condition) cars are essential for safety purposes. Also now and days nobody is tearing up cars on purpose and here's why.....there are no spare cars to go around, right now a few of the deputies are sharing which means high mileage cars running non stop almost for 24 hours!!! Nobody intentionally wants to have to share a car.

I AGREE 100% about the Hummers!!!!!!!!!!
TRUTH

Miami Beach, FL

#13 May 16, 2011
To crtjesster

I think freakshow was trying to put it so you would understand it. Thank GOD spelling and grammer
are not what makes a man,or we may all be in trouble. The point is if you think what you said is the TRUTH then we need more help in Brooks County. Not more of this and that but better leadership better personel. We need a man who can run the Dept, without all the BS. Untill then your just a joke, and so is Brooks County.
dumbfounded

Miami Beach, FL

#14 May 17, 2011
to yougottabekiddingme,

You gotta be kidding me! I have heard, with my own two ears, a deputy, that just pulled up with smoke bellowing out of the hood, say "I've been trying to tear this thing up for two days" sounds a little like it was on purpose doesn't it. I'll give you a minute to take your foot out of your mouth...

So glad you agree about the hummers though! Why do we need a swat team or dogs if they can't find Jason Y. in the insulation in the attic of the house that was surrounded for twelve hours or so. What's worse is they claim that he was not in the house but that he had somehow escaped the property. Just goes to show how good of a swat team we can expect. I know... Jason must've rolled a donut toward the road, which allowed him to sneak out the back. If I were going to commit a crime. You can bet your ass it would happen in brooks county because to get away all you need is a sack full of huddle house and a little dirt on the sheriff! And who can't get that? Seems as if everyone already has a little. The entire department is a joke. Not to mention the laughing stock of the state!
yougottabekiddin gme

Fitzgerald, GA

#15 May 17, 2011
dumbfounded wrote:
to yougottabekiddingme,
You gotta be kidding me! I have heard, with my own two ears, a deputy, that just pulled up with smoke bellowing out of the hood, say "I've been trying to tear this thing up for two days" sounds a little like it was on purpose doesn't it. I'll give you a minute to take your foot out of your mouth...
So glad you agree about the hummers though! Why do we need a swat team or dogs if they can't find Jason Y. in the insulation in the attic of the house that was surrounded for twelve hours or so. What's worse is they claim that he was not in the house but that he had somehow escaped the property. Just goes to show how good of a swat team we can expect. I know... Jason must've rolled a donut toward the road, which allowed him to sneak out the back. If I were going to commit a crime. You can bet your ass it would happen in brooks county because to get away all you need is a sack full of huddle house and a little dirt on the sheriff! And who can't get that? Seems as if everyone already has a little. The entire department is a joke. Not to mention the laughing stock of the state!
May want to contact the Governor on the Jason Y thing since it was GSP Swat Team that was out there, yes along with BCSO; but once a dept such as GSP shows up they "run the show" and lesser departments take a back seat to the big boys.

Please do NOT come at me like a child and say things such as take your foot out of your mouth etc. I'm an adult and I'm assuming you are too. I'm more than willing to have an adult conversation (not argument) with anyone on here but I would prefer not to be spoken to in that manner. As you can tell in my previous response to you that I never spoke to you that way and I would greatly appreciate the same courtesy I showed you. The car situation - there were 2 cars that yes, in all honesty needed to be blown up and taken off the road. There is only so many bandaids that can be applied before it is more hazardous than helpful ie cars running hot after 1 to 2 hours of being driven, running hot after you get over 60 MPH, cars shutting off while driving down the road, cars that can't be left running while deputies are in CID or Courthouse or anywhere else due to running hot (they have to be left running so their portable handhelds will still relay), cars that do not have air conditioning and in S. GA where it gets to over 100 degrees and you have on polyester, and kevlar that can be trying and to be honest many more examples to list. In many of those cases as long as the car would crank up and go regardless of the safety issues they provided to these officers they were told to drive them, so yes if it's between blowing one up (that should have been out of service years ago) and risking your safety in a vehicle that you are in 90% of the day, I can see their point completely. The vehicles these officers drive are just as important to officer safety as their gun, taser and safety vest. So again no, I dont think they should tear cars up on purpose but depending on the car and I have a feeling I could pick out between 2 which one it was, I understand completely why it happened. I myself think there are 1 to 2 that need a match set to them.
dumbfounded

Miami Beach, FL

#16 May 17, 2011
yougottabekiddingme,
First and foremost, I am not talking to you as if you are a child. Most children would have a rough time comprehending that metaphor! I am an adult but a wise man taught me long ago, never assume anything, and I'm sure you're familiar with the metaphor that goes along with that.
As for the Jason Y. situation. I was across the road for the duration of the "stand off" and what I know to be fact is that our oh so great sheriff's department was in control for well over half of the time. And in case you weren't there, although I feel certain that you were because I can't help but think that you are part of the BCSO, brooks county had the house surrounded. So like I said.. Did a krispy kreme truck go by? Because they didn't catch him and wouldn't have without his cooperation!
Now on to the cars.. There is no doubt that we need new cars! But it's not like I've seen or even heard about one of our fine servants giving these antiques less than more than it can handle! As for leaving the cars running.. that burns my ass up! You're telling me that they can't leave that little radio on without the car running? Bullshit! They like that air conditioner! But hey, who cares, it's not their gas. I think the best thing for most of these donut chasers would be to work up a good sweat! Futhermore, the cars shouldn't be receiving "bandaids" Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to fix a car properly! Couple that need to be blown up? Did you know that Ford and Chevrolet still make those same motors and all the componets for the cars? Guess you ASSUMED they quit! There is just no good excuse for stupidity!
yougottabekiddin gme

Fitzgerald, GA

#17 May 17, 2011
No I do not work for the Sheriff's Office nor any other Law Enforcement department. So I guess you assumed that incorrectly all the way around. Unless you are law enforcement (which I just said I'm not) they have to follow protocols they cant just bum rush a house where they are uncertain as to whether there are people armed with guns etc. or meth being produced and fumes igniting, there were many situations and uncertainties in that situation. However, since niether one of us were part of the decision making nor were we THERE (not just a bystander criticizing the officer who were putting their lives in danger). I refuse to judge the job these guys do, BCSO and GSP cause I wouldnt want to do it but I'm glad and thankful that we have people that actually sign up to do that job. Cause like them or not if you have a wreck or someone breaks into your house etc. they are who you call. They are people who make mistakes as I do daily, I guess you do too or maybe you dont but I'm thankful for each and everyone of them in this county and all over for all they do. I'm sorry that leaving the cars on "burns you up" unfortunatley YES they have to leave them on, the radio in their cars control the handheld radios they have. That's a FACT not an opinion, not a maybe it's literally the way they are programmed to work. Sorry again but that's not bullshit as you say. Next time you see one ask them, that's why when they are in court for hours on end and they are on duty the car is left running so if they get a call ie you wreck, are being burglarized, being held at gunpoint etc they can respond. If what i'm telling you is untrue then why is it that 1 certain impala had no AC at all but still had to be left running when the deputies where out of it? Since what I was trying to explain to you, you said was bullshit and they only wanted the AC, I'm just curious about this. Donut chasers? Really? All I ask is that you show them a little more respect than that. You don't have to like them but could you at least respect the fact they are officers of the law. If not,that saddens me greatly. However, even if you have no respect that wont stop them from doing all they can to help you if you ever needed them to. It does concern me that you have such animosity toward deputies who have no control over anything, not where their patrol cars can be worked on, not what car they drive, not the fact the technology they have requires their car be cranked for their handhelds to work etc. Once again, your slightly jaded on the way things actually work. Yes I DO know cars can be "fixed" and fixed correctly, so do the deputies who have been yelling for 4 years that I know of that the vehicles need to be taken to a dealership to be worked on but NO, they are MADE to take them to the county barn to be fixed which is where a temporary bandaide is then placed on the problem. I will be glad to clear another point up for you so you are fully informed. Once a car is driven that many miles, motor and many other "components" need to be replaced; however, you end up putting more money into a car than the car is worth and with grants etc you can get a new car actually CHEAPER that will last you a lot longer be a lot safer and be cheaper on the backside because it will require less maintenance as a car that you are piecing together piece by piece. Also these cars are far from new so obviously a warranty is out of the picture so to take them to a dealership to get fixed is very costly, the county barn is already being paid a wage by the county to fix these vehicles, along with road dept and all county maintained vehicles. As taxpayers we could always go to the county meeting and say that we do NOT want the new vehicles to be worked on anywhere except a dealership and that we would be more than happy to increase our taxes slightly to pay for it.
dumbfounded

Miami Beach, FL

#18 May 17, 2011
I'll just agree to disagree. But allow me to say this.. Just wait till you really need them, they'll let you down and you'll change your tune and be left hopping once again with your foot stuck in your most elevated orifice that leaks shit! I have needed them, and the sheriff himself called me and told me to give back something that was STOLEN from me in order to not deal with the person that stole it! That's why I speak with such disregard for the sheriff and his cronies! As for protection.. I own guns and would never trust mine or my families saftey to the, according to you, capable hands of the sheriff or one of his deputies! If I were in a wreck then I could probably count on Santa Clause to show up before someone from brooks county. Point is I don't trust anyone that collects tax dollars in brooks county! Speaking of cars also, the sheriff sure does have a nice new ride.. among several others. Which must've made the swat teams budget take a hit! we could've gotten two cars for what the sheriff's one cost!
yougottabekiddin gme

United States

#19 May 17, 2011
I also agree to disagree. I hope that you don't think I'm trying to change your opinion, I assure you I'm not. Its yours and you have every right to, you may be completely justified in having it, I don't know you obviously so I can't say. I just want you to know that I was simply trying to set the record on a few issues, any personal ones you have are yours and I don't want you to think I am making lite of them at all. I will say this its seems as though the majority of the animosity you have is with the Sheriff not so much his deputies or all of them anyway. I try to be honest and I hope you believe me when I say we have some GOOD deputies on our streets maybe not all of them but we should be proud of the few we do have. Also, I would like you to note nowhere in my posts did I commend anyone but the "deputies" mainly because its a thankless job and very low paying for what they do, we can't blame the employees for the employers decision. I'm not sure about you but I sure don't want to be responsible for any and all bad decisions my employer makes and I'm sure they don't either. You may not need them but please know your neighbors or friends may one day.
gfd

United States

#20 May 17, 2011
advcx you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quitman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court of Appeals 7 min Souther 61
Random one sentence thoughts > (Jul '16) 14 min Souther 507
Lol at Supremacists > 18 min Souther 56
Melt Thread II (Jan '16) 23 min Souther 2,966
Songs that GET YOU GOING >>>>>>>>> (Aug '16) 38 min Souther 24
Your favorite Trump/Trump Admin Nicknames >>>> 1 hr Southern 12
Oh, the irony 2 hr Southern 8

Quitman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance