just moved to the area

Posted in the Quinwood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
goodtime420

Richmond, VA

#1 Jul 3, 2014
Where's all the good hangout spots or bars??
darling

Tampa, FL

#2 Jul 3, 2014
There arnt any the only good place is the lake
bored local

Madison, WV

#3 Jul 3, 2014
Maloneys is a nice local pub. Live music on deck some nights, good food, however the beer is overpriced. Highly recommend the wings though.
1 post removed
grammar man

Nitro, WV

#5 Jul 8, 2014
You move back and the thing you want to know about are the BARS? I agree with Steve.
MyNameIsEarl

Danville, WV

#6 Jul 9, 2014
Yeah...we don't want no more Yankees and outsiders here. They've ruined our small town charm.
player

Alexandria, VA

#7 Jul 9, 2014
Avoid a guy named Pat, unless you wanna get played.
Agree

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Jul 12, 2014
MyNameIsEarl wrote:
Yeah...we don't want no more Yankees and outsiders here. They've ruined our small town charm.
Couldn't have said it any better myself! Idiots from out of state or even another country want to come to our town, trash it up, put us down, assume they are better than us, take our jobs, pollute with their offspring, expect us to support them is what is tearing this state and even our country down. Pathetic!
Areyoublind

Danville, WV

#9 Jul 13, 2014
MyNameIsEarl wrote:
Yeah...we don't want no more Yankees and outsiders here. They've ruined our small town charm.
I'm living in WV from another state. "You all" west Virginians ARE the Yankees haha. You're definitely not southerners or whatever else you think you are. BUT I'm not saying it is a bad thing... Just the truth
Agree

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Jul 13, 2014
Areyoublind wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm living in WV from another state. "You all" west Virginians ARE the Yankees haha. You're definitely not southerners or whatever else you think you are. BUT I'm not saying it is a bad thing... Just the truth
And this statement just proves exactly what I said to a "T"!
Resident

Lost Creek, WV

#11 Jul 13, 2014
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>Couldn't have said it any better myself! Idiots from out of state or even another country want to come to our town, trash it up, put us down, assume they are better than us, take our jobs, pollute with their offspring, expect us to support them is what is tearing this state and even our country down. Pathetic!
I grew up in Summersville my whole life. This place is a s hithole. No one from out of state will hurt it any. A bunch of uneducated inbred rednecks. Tons of drugs and druggies. The economy and job promise are very poor. WV is last in everything. I think people will help only to improve the area. It can only move up.
Agree

Mount Hope, WV

#12 Jul 14, 2014
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up in Summersville my whole life. This place is a s hithole. No one from out of state will hurt it any. A bunch of uneducated inbred rednecks. Tons of drugs and druggies. The economy and job promise are very poor. WV is last in everything. I think people will help only to cimprove the area. It can only move up.
Sounds to me like you are an uneducated liar to me. If you "grew up" here then you should know that Summersville is NOTHING now like it used to be. Furthermore, why do you stay if it is so bad?
Agree

Mount Hope, WV

#13 Jul 14, 2014
I think you my dear are an "uneducated inbred redneck"! Lol!
Gop

Huntington, WV

#14 Jul 14, 2014
Areyoublind wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm living in WV from another state. "You all" west Virginians ARE the Yankees haha. You're definitely not southerners or whatever else you think you are. BUT I'm not saying it is a bad thing... Just the truth
. honestly if your not into the outdoors hunting fishing nature walks that kind of stuff your pretty much screwed here. Beckley has the best bar/club around Charlestown has a few also
George

Harper, WV

#15 Jul 14, 2014
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds to me like you are an uneducated liar to me. If you "grew up" here then you should know that Summersville is NOTHING now like it used to be. Furthermore, why do you stay if it is so bad?
You are right. It is nothing like it used to be. It used to be a nice, quiet, safe place to live. Now anything that isnt chained down will get stolen by some pill head or meth freak.
obvious

United States

#16 Jul 15, 2014
The best thing for Nicholas County would be an influx of outside folks interested in investing in the area's future. It's quite clear the local leadership and residents have little clue to appeal to anything or any idea that is progressive in nature. Small town, small mind mentality for the most part. Smart investors want an educated workforce, they look elsewhere. Face it, until the local leaders and educators step up their game, the area will only continue its decline.
Agree

Mount Hope, WV

#17 Jul 15, 2014
Come on people, are you all so secluded in summersville or just Nicholas county period that you honestly think it's just here that the drugs and all other nonsense just exist? It's everywhere! Every state in this country is subjected to the nonsense and until these people that are living that kind of lifestyle decide to change, nothing else will.
MyNameIsEarl

Chapmanville, WV

#18 Jul 15, 2014
Areyoublind wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm living in WV from another state. "You all" west Virginians ARE the Yankees haha. You're definitely not southerners or whatever else you think you are. BUT I'm not saying it is a bad thing... Just the truth
The south was born here in WV, dummy. Down "south" was still French and British quarter. The south spread from the Appalachias and outwards from there. Even the term "redneck" was coined here. So wasn't a lot of other things. But like many southerners, you are an ignorant frog eatin frenchy. And any moron who thinks that WV are Yankees is dumber than a rock. We are the Mason-Dixon line and in the early history when WV succeeded from VA because they were a bunch of untrustworthy Yankees. It had nothing to do with slavery. The mountain folk did not trust them. It's all documented. I don't consider people from the south "southern". I just consider them the left-over French and british who was influenced by us WV. You got it, boy? Yankee??? LOL
truth

Beckley, WV

#19 Jul 17, 2014
If u just "moved"here. Id advise u to stay off gossip websites like this;) cuz this sote shows ur no better then anyone else.
hmm

Chapmanville, WV

#20 Aug 10, 2014
My opinion as an old resident move the f out. Would be your best option. Was the best thing I ever did. Miss my FAM there. Nice to visit but to live move the f out
The Reaper

Summersville, WV

#21 Aug 11, 2014
On the weekends my buddy's and me go behind lowes and swim naked in the sluge ponds it gets my nips so hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nicholas county courthouse layoffs 1 hr County Policeman 265
County Commissione 1 hr Citizen 3
Word Association (Aug '12) 2 hr _Zoey_ 795
word association (Mar '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 653
billy williams 4 hr blah 3
Places For Rent in Summersville (Feb '13) 5 hr Warning you 74
Pretty Blonde at Summit Bank 6 hr Jacob 4

Child Abduction Emergency for Greenbrier County was issued at March 26 at 10:05PM EDT

Quinwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Quinwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]