You May Want To Watch What You Say On...

You May Want To Watch What You Say On Here!!!

Posted in the Quinwood Forum

Watch

United States

#1 Feb 14, 2011
February 13,

178 Anonymous Online Topix Posters Sued

(Story Updated: Feb 24, 2009 at 6:56 AM CST )

The authors of comments on the Topix.com Web site were secure in believing they were anonymous, however, a judge ruled their names should be revealed.

Mark and Rhonda Lesher lives in Northeast Texas; Mark practices law and Rhonda runs a beauty salon.

Last year, a woman and another, accused the couple of a sexual assault and then the anonymous comments about the incident started appearing on Topix.com .

Statements included that they were perverted, sick, vile and inhumane.

The couples' attorney, said that the comments were a form of persecution.

When the couple got their day in court, a jury found that the Leshers, along with their alleged accomplice were not guilty, but in the online Topix forum, it seemed, the trial continued.

The Leshers said it basically made them both feel like common criminals.

The Leshers said it made them feel as though someone had raped them of their reputation and standing in the community over and over and over again.

So, the Leshers sued 178 anonymous commenters on Topix.com and a Tarrant County judge ordered Topix to turn over identifying information about the users listed in the lawsuit.

Topix has until March 6 to comply with the ruling.

Topix Officials said that the Topix discussions are not necessarily a license to run people through the mud.

Topix said that if the line has been crossed and it seems reasonable, Topix will cooperate with the courts.

The lawsuit was brought in Tarrant County because it appears at least one anonymous poster lives there.

Just for the record, a few years ago a North Dakota professor was awarded $3 million over claims that a student Web site defamed him.

Watch the news on Wednesday. If I am not mistaken it is WSAZ that is going to do a report about Topix & what you can do if you are being slandered. I guarantee you with the media attention this sight is getting, Greenbrier County Lawyers/Prosecutors will have no choice but to do whatever is necessary to help someone. If not they can take it to the news, they will make sure it is not looked on very easily. So be very careful who you get on here & what businesses you get on here & Slander. It could come back to bite you in the butt & the wallet.. Remember Karma, she's a Bitch..
Doo Doo Brown

Princeton, WV

#2 Aug 5, 2011
YADA< YADA< YADA!!!
Slander , and for that matter, Defamation of Character, are hard to prove without stepping all over anyones rights to free speech.
So, at the risk of a "Slander suit" from the residents of Greenbrier Co. I say, 98% of you inbred bastards have nothing to worry about! But the other 2% with most of their teeth, and parents that come from different families, BEWARE!!
Must be 1 of the inbreds

United States

#3 Aug 17, 2011
Doo Doo Brown wrote:
YADA< YADA< YADA!!!
Slander , and for that matter, Defamation of Character, are hard to prove without stepping all over anyones rights to free speech.
So, at the risk of a "Slander suit" from the residents of Greenbrier Co. I say, 98% of you inbred bastards have nothing to worry about! But the other 2% with most of their teeth, and parents that come from different families, BEWARE!!
Are you freaking nuts.. Oh wait, you must be one of this "Inbred Bastards" with your fantastic way of explaining things. I bet you have no teeth or at least none of your own & I bet your parents were either brother/Sister or Cousins... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha Let the fighting begin...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single women 1 hr Nope 24
Bobby Holdren - Come on Sweeney 1 hr Liar 29
News Judge Bloom rules in favor of Nicholas board in... 1 hr Mickie 16
Tara Brooks 2 hr Like to know 1
Melissa (Sep '13) 2 hr Melissa B 7
candace and brutus.. (Apr '12) 3 hr who 4
LJ Hamrick Burned Down Smoot Fire Dpt. (Jan '12) 3 hr Melissa B 11

Quinwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quinwood Mortgages