New Kent faces dump issue

New Kent faces dump issue

There are 1 comment on the Richmond Times-Dispatch story from Mar 19, 2006, titled New Kent faces dump issue. In it, Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that:

The thought of tractor-trailers carrying out-of-state garbage to New Kent County just stinks to Quinton resident Mary Bryant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Linda Stenzel

United States

#1 Mar 23, 2006
I am truly appauled that New Kent County officers would want a dump in our County. Have you ever watched and listened to all the tractor-trailers that travel along route 60 to avoid the scales on route 64? I can only imagine how bad it will be when an additional 300 trucks per day will join our roadways. Our state bird the Cardinal will never be heard from again.

Call the County Supervisors now and stop this potential nightmare from coming to pass. The 4.5 million (I heard) in additional revenue will not help the individuals of this County as the value of their homes dwindle as a result of having a dump in the neighborhood.

Sincerely,

Linda Stenzel

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Governor 23 hr Daniel 4
Reasons I want to Remain a Man Tue VN Vet 2
Review: Golden Goat (Aug '10) May 22 Youranidiot 32
Felons May 22 Youranidiot 7
News Mother Accused of Driving Drunk (Sep '08) May 22 its2016 168
News Woman's obituary trolls 2016 election May 20 VN Vet 8
Women Are No Longer Fully Protected when Using ... May 20 Zeke the Pinhead 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quinton Mortgages