Officers puzzled by missing family

May 2, 2010 Full story: TulsaWorld.com - State 27

Deborah Potter holds back Pokie, a beagle search-and-rescue dog, as she prepares to look for clues in the disappearance of a missing family of three in the Sans Bois Mountains in October.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“aka; lar”

Since: Sep 08

FIND THE JAMISON FAMILY!!!

#1 May 2, 2010
Let's find the JAMISON family and bring them home!!!
No Leads On Purpose

Tulsa, OK

#2 May 3, 2010
This is pretty far fetched, but just thinking,,,

I'm not privy to all the aspects of this case but it appears there are no leads, no evidence of foul play, no trail, no smoking gun, etc.

Now, it is my understanding that the profile pictures put on public display of the couple show them in much better physical health/appearance than some of the more recent photographs show them to actually be.. suggested by some folks that the couple had the "meth - user - appearance" about them. I can't verify this as fact, but let's suppose it is true given what I had heard.

If they were indeed "druggies", could they have possibly been knowledgeable of some area drug ring/transportation information that would be valuable to the authorities? Could they have struck a deal to snitch on some kind of drug ring in exchange for being taken into something similar to a "witness protection program?" (by authorities I'm not talking about the sheriff's office).

This whole thing sounded like a bait and evade tactic to me after the foot search and IFR chopper turned up na-da... truck/money/dog on the mountain and no other evidence, no bodies, no trail. Sounds to me they were either never up there to begin with and someone drove the truck up there to throw off authorities, or they were shuttled off into something like a witness protection program and the vehicle/dog/money was left to throw off the druggies-bad guys-local authorities and the public.

Question is... what if any big drug related busts have been made or are yet to be made that might tie into this kind of scenario?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 May 3, 2010
If witness protection were the case, why leave $32,000 under the driver's seat of the truck? And the dog - left for dead?

A more likely scenario, I think, is that this was a drug deal gone bad, and the perpetrators of the crime didn't know about the rest of the money - remember, in the May 02 Sunday Oklahoman article, Sheriff Beachaump speculated that the briefcase, which is missing, may have contained big dollars, and perhaps that's what the killers settled for. And meth people have no respect for human, let alone animal, life.

But the witness protection angle is indeed interesting, and cannot be totally discounted - none of the possibilities can, at this point. Check out the WebSleuths threads about the case for a rundown of the various avenues of speculation.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.p...

(Third thread on the Jamisons; there are two others; Topix/Eufaula also has interesting threads)
Barbara

Tahlequah, OK

#4 May 10, 2010
Interesting theories. Hadn't heard anything in the McAlester paper-no surprise. Had heard that there were some, uh, psychological problems involved with the family.
Paradise

Plano, TX

#5 May 14, 2010
very strange case indeed ... the possibilities in my opinion - and I'm sure there's a few more:
1) Estranged father who passed 2 mos after disappearance had something to do w/their disappearance whether by his own hand or hired someone to do it ... my 'sleuthing' turned up that he had questionable character
2) Several people busted in Eufalla for cooking & trafficing meth shortly before their disappearance - possible that they turned informant and someone caught up w/them

Mind you, I thought it would be far-fetched that someone had a tracking device on them and knew exactly where they were going but turns out very cheap and easy to do
The way the vehicle was left makes one think 'abduction'and would make sense why cash & dog was left.

3) Weird 'hate' letter to her hubby left by Sheryln & her gun is missing - possible murder/suicide
4) They 'chose' to disappear, had a car stashed nearby & 'set the scene'- but why only take the briefcase of money & leave the rest under the seat and then also leave their little dog.

Not witness protection ... they would have taken them straight from Eufalla & not staged the scene as such wasting law enforcement resources & budgets in searching but have to wonder why search was not immediately resumed when weather cleared.

What's really sad & weird is that it does not seem that family or law enforcement are very concerned in finding some type of closure to this ...
jeanne

Tucson, AZ

#6 May 15, 2010
i am just wondering if the sheriffs office really cares.i mean it is just a mystery why they are not off their feet and on their buts to at least try and find them

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#7 May 19, 2010
I question the reasoning behind releasing the information contained in the NewsOK article linked above. Was this essential in an effort to find the Jamisons, one indicative of LE's having turned over every leaf, or was this, rather, a defensive effort to cover criticism of authorities for their failure to solve this case - that is, "See, this family was so very strange, and that's why it's impossible to figure out what happened"?
wilburton

Little Rock, AR

#8 Jun 17, 2010
we will never know what happend to that family ya they have a map up at the police station as a reminder but that does not mean give up. keep looking.
Justice 4 All

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Jun 17, 2010
They followed up on a lead last week. They are still looking.
WhoKnows

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Jun 17, 2010
Ok, as far as the Latimer County police office goes, they dont care, they are too scared to go up on the mountain anyways. Thats why the FBI was called in to search for them. What I think happened was the people took what money they had other than the $32000 and took off out of country. Because if they had that much money to leave in the truck behind them, imagine how much they took with. Or if it was involved with a meth ring, they probally were left in the mountains for the wild hogs and other various wild life to clean up. I have lived and still do, on the mountain, although I'm on another ridge, and I can tell you from experience that the wild life up there is amazing and the place is crawling with wild hogs. Hogs are known for eating human bodies, including bones, so if something happened to them up there, we will probally never find a body.

“aka; lar”

#11 Jun 17, 2010
WhoKnows wrote:
Ok, as far as the Latimer County police office goes, they dont care, they are too scared to go up on the mountain anyways. Thats why the FBI was called in to search for them. What I think happened was the people took what money they had other than the $32000 and took off out of country. Because if they had that much money to leave in the truck behind them, imagine how much they took with. Or if it was involved with a meth ring, they probally were left in the mountains for the wild hogs and other various wild life to clean up. I have lived and still do, on the mountain, although I'm on another ridge, and I can tell you from experience that the wild life up there is amazing and the place is crawling with wild hogs. Hogs are known for eating human bodies, including bones, so if something happened to them up there, we will probally never find a body.
So....pigs could eat 3 people, bones and all, plus, clothing, in less than 2 weeks?
jim

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Jun 17, 2010
gobills wrote:
<quoted text>
So....pigs could eat 3 people, bones and all, plus, clothing, in less than 2 weeks?
yep they will even eat the teeth

“aka; lar”

#13 Jun 17, 2010
jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Nawwww...Now I just read where they will not eat large bones or the skull. It also said you need to remove the teeth.

“aka; lar”

#14 Jun 26, 2010
jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Jim! Do you know who owns the WILDBOAR ARCHERY RANCH out in Wister? They sure have some large hogs on the property!!!
jan

Tulsa, OK

#15 Jul 7, 2010
I was told about this by a co-worker at work just the other day and was just reading about it. Well let me tell you I was allmost scared to the point I went and bought a gun and keep it with me when I go to my brothers land in the Mountians down there. It was late in the summer and i was cleaning up a small cabin up on Blue Mountians and on my way up there I saw a snake that could eat a small horse I saw what I believed to be a large log in the road but it was a timber rattler snake the bigest snake I've ever seen in my life. I watch the thing for about 30 min. before it got all curled up ready to strike and I went by it real fast and didnt look back. But that was not what made me buy a gun. It was what happened that night in the small cabin someone with a bag over their head try to get in it I hit him with a hammer and took a chain saw after whoever was trying to get in They ran off and I heard a loud car start up a few min later. that was not a night I will forget soon havent been back.
me me me

Tulsa, OK

#16 Jul 8, 2010
jan. that is quite a story. Where exactly did you say it happened. I am the editor of the hartshorne sun and still following the Jamison family story. any information you have might be helpful.
stan

Lansing, MI

#17 Dec 20, 2010
my theory is the killer or killers ,live close or near the propery they were going to look at and purchase with the money they had in the truck.Possibly walked on wrong piece and discovered weed patch, and got killed for fear that criminals activities would be discovered.
Elf

Tulsa, OK

#18 Dec 21, 2010
jan wrote:
I was told about this by a co-worker at work just the other day and was just reading about it. Well let me tell you I was allmost scared to the point I went and bought a gun and keep it with me when I go to my brothers land in the Mountians down there. It was late in the summer and i was cleaning up a small cabin up on Blue Mountians and on my way up there I saw a snake that could eat a small horse I saw what I believed to be a large log in the road but it was a timber rattler snake the bigest snake I've ever seen in my life. I watch the thing for about 30 min. before it got all curled up ready to strike and I went by it real fast and didnt look back. But that was not what made me buy a gun. It was what happened that night in the small cabin someone with a bag over their head try to get in it I hit him with a hammer and took a chain saw after whoever was trying to get in They ran off and I heard a loud car start up a few min later. that was not a night I will forget soon havent been back.
OMG! u whacked Santa Claus!!
Cowboy--55

United States

#19 Jan 27, 2011
Would it be possible for someone in Latimer Co to update the interested public on the status of this case?What the folks there think has happened to this family?
Other thread

Norman, OK

#20 Jan 27, 2011
You might try the other thread it seems to have a little more action.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Eufaula family - KFOR (Dec '09) 23 hr interesting 4,752
Mayor says Mr. Gruber is 100% RIGHT ! ..." VOTE... Dec 17 Rick Anersn 3
State Senator elect Roger Thompson Fall in LOVE... Dec 12 Okemah News 1
man next door squatting? Dec 5 Choctaw Tribe Member 2
Jesse James, Oklahoma's fattest and most ignora... (Sep '13) Nov 25 Big bad john 22
Caring Hands Clinic (Jul '09) Nov 20 Big bad john 10
Too many white girls with black guys in Eufaula (Sep '08) Nov 20 Arnold Einstein 45
Quinton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Quinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Quinton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Quinton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:53 pm PST

NBC Sports12:53PM
DeMarco Murray questionable, won't have to run "gauntlet" to prove he can play
ESPN12:55 PM
Cowboys list Murray (hand) as questionable
Bleacher Report12:58 PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:16 PM
DeMarco Murray is determined to play