Billboard moratorium up for public di...

Billboard moratorium up for public discussion

There are 8 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 13, 2009, titled Billboard moratorium up for public discussion. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The City Council is about to take the next step in regulating billboards, a contentious topic all summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Clear Channel

United States

#1 Aug 14, 2009
I don't plan on following the law any way. Pass what you want and I'll just keep putting them up. I loooooooooove me some digital billboards.
Rey

AOL

#2 Aug 14, 2009
Good idea, this time let's get the REAL facts. If I wanted to hear a fairy tale, I would go the Reading Hour at the library.

The manipulated figures, photos and legacy building is what made the issue contentious.
Dirty Channel

United States

#3 Aug 14, 2009
The REAL facts are that we purposely put up illegal billboards and sought to make them legal once they were up. Just look at what we're doing to Los Angeles. Fool me once...

Those are the real facts.
Rey

AOL

#4 Aug 15, 2009
Dirty, did you see the city council meeting/

I and many others saw the deer in the headlines look on council members faces when it was PROVEN that the city reports were all manufactured.

I am more interested in the truth than whether they have billboards or not. When they LIE about billboards, which is insignificant, what else are they willing to lie about?
Dirty Channel

United States

#5 Aug 15, 2009
Read this:
http://www.laweekly.com/2008-04-24/news/billb...

What you say is "PROVEN" is BS. It's the same pony and illegal billboard installation show CC takes all over the country.

You've been had. You're just too much of a fool to admit it.
Just a Girl

United States

#6 Aug 15, 2009
That's just wrong. I can't believe what I just read. These billboard companies are out of control. They do whatever they want and then dare cities to sue.

We need billboards to advertise, but what in the world is ClearChannel doing treating El Paso the way it did Los Angeles--and laughing all the way to the bank?

Outrageous.
Rey

AOL

#7 Aug 15, 2009
Dirty channel, ask to see and hear the city council meeting. The photos shown, by the city, were taken with different lenses to cluster the signs. Ms Lilley'own staff reported approx 1000 less complains about billboards than SHE stated.
Sheriff Wiles sign a statement that he was send to testify in Washington about billboards being distracting drivers and casuing accidents. The study showed that there many other disractions, much more than billboards. The city reported it was a major contributor.

SEE and HEAR the actual meeting, all punlic record. The proof was so strong to save face, they went to Excutive session and thats when they decided to reconsider the vote. Of course, printed in the newspaper was the statement that Oretga that was important to pass the ordinanace because it was Ms Lilley's legacy.

All this is a rehash of sveral previous threads on this forum
Paul FOSTER

El Paso, TX

#8 Aug 15, 2009
Paul FOSTER:

I will put up as many Billboards as I want on the grounds of my lovely toxic petro-chemical refinery ---

All giant ICONS to my huge ego !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quintana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 arrests in deadly Clute shooting (Apr '10) Sat Anonymous 13
Judge Hufstetler a disgrace to Brazoria County? (Jul '14) Jul 12 a mother 11
Garrison at HEB in Lake Jackson. Jun 30 Crazyass 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Snapchatme nude (Oct '14) May '16 ktoddcanard 2
Poll Which city harbors racism? (Apr '08) May '16 One 12
Crystal from chilis May '16 king 1

Quintana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quintana Mortgages