House OKs ban on cell phones in schoo...

House OKs ban on cell phones in school zones

There are 7 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 14, 2009, titled House OKs ban on cell phones in school zones. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Making a phone call or sending a text message while driving in a school zone could mean a $25 fine under a bill the Texas House tentatively approved Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Dissent

Brownsville, TX

#1 May 15, 2009
Why only school zones? Why only a $25 fine? Their useshould be completely banned while driving. People look ridiculous. Sign of the times. Societics with their Hummvies & huge trucks the park either over curbs or between 2 spaces. Then the morons that do not signal. Ridiculous.
Mad Max-El Paso

El Paso, TX

#2 May 15, 2009
It's about time something is being done about all those parents/people especially women that "yak and yak" away while they speed and in a couple of cases i witnessed eating cereal or something out of a bowl while dropping off their kids in the morning! Oh and perhaps our kids are worth more then 25.00 or 50.00 dollars...don't you think???
Dissent

Brownsville, TX

#4 May 20, 2009
maybe 200 dollars
observer

Denver, CO

#5 May 20, 2009
this is stupid
John

Woodbridge, VA

#6 May 20, 2009
There is no reason for this type of legislation. It is unthinkable and unbelievable that such a measure could even be considered!
user01

Chicago, IL

#7 May 20, 2009
I don't understand but it looks lame to me
Sane1

Chicago, IL

#8 May 20, 2009
user01 wrote:
I don't understand but it looks lame to me
ditto

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quintana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know beto adame? (May '09) Nov 4 Queen 2
Hooker (Aug '11) Nov 4 Queen 3
Shady Company (Jun '09) Sep '17 GotMEtoo 19
News Lake Jackson considers teen curfew (Aug '08) Sep '17 More Farts 10
News What the last Category 4 hurricane to hit Texas... Aug '17 Dow Chemakill 1
News NWS: Catastrophic flooding in Houston metro are... Aug '17 Andrew 1
Jesse 47 seeks single woman 33 for marriage Aug '17 Television Engineer 2

Quintana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance