City rep stalling: Another court fili...

City rep stalling: Another court filing for Quintana

There are 10 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 10, 2010, titled City rep stalling: Another court filing for Quintana. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

El Paso deserves to know if East Side city Rep. Rachel Quintana is not guilty or guilty of forging a document.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Veronica

El Paso, TX

#1 Jan 11, 2010
Rachel has been stalling since 2007! If she continues stalling it'll be time for re-election! Meanwhile she is employed and earning income when she should have stepped down years ago! She is seen as a corrupt elected official!
Big Money

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Jan 11, 2010
She is stalling to keep that high paying $18K yob.
Texas Two Step

El Paso, TX

#3 Jan 11, 2010
The old "Rachel Texas Two Step". Keep the music playing and she can keep dancing. In the mean time El Paso is stuck with the appearance of a Corrupt City Councilperson.

If I recall, Rachel was elected by a very small margin on a low voter turn out. Maybe this is the real problem in this city. Anybody can get elected if only your family, friends and a few fools vote for you.
LLB

El Paso, TX

#4 Jan 11, 2010
Quintana is stalling - doesn't want to face the truth. She will no doubt throw her hat in another ring -and we will need to vote her OUT!
Get real

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 11, 2010
Had she been a teacher or law enforcement officer she would have been placed on administrative leave until the matter was resolved. El Paso has always allowed the crooks to run the city even when they were being investigated by the FBI. If there is enough evidence to indict anyone voted into office then they need to be placed on unpaid leave until it is resolved
LOL

United States

#6 Jan 11, 2010
Texas Two Step wrote:
The old "Rachel Texas Two Step". Keep the music playing and she can keep dancing. In the mean time El Paso is stuck with the appearance of a Corrupt City Councilperson.
If I recall, Rachel was elected by a very small margin on a low voter turn out. Maybe this is the real problem in this city. Anybody can get elected if only your family, friends and a few fools vote for you.
Ain't that the truth...
LOL

United States

#7 Jan 11, 2010
Get real wrote:
Had she been a teacher or law enforcement officer she would have been placed on administrative leave until the matter was resolved. El Paso has always allowed the crooks to run the city even when they were being investigated by the FBI. If there is enough evidence to indict anyone voted into office then they need to be placed on unpaid leave until it is resolved
Hmmm... I dunno, isn't that still PAID LEAVE?
Get real

El Paso, TX

#8 Jan 11, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm... I dunno, isn't that still PAID LEAVE?
Depends on the charges......and it is ultimately up to the specific employment area....some crimes by police officers are without pay but if it is not and they are found guilty then they are required to pay back I believe. Teachers would not be given pay for morals charges but if found innocent would receive retroactive pay. Politicians are in an elected not salaried position and should not be paid while pending trial if the grand jury found reasonable evidence to indict as has been found in Quintana's case. Basically the evidence was pretty conclusive that she is guilty of fraud and her legal tactics only delayed the trial while she was in office. Neither she nor Melina Castro should ever have been allowed to serve while pending trial. The charter even specifies that Castro should have been ousted because she owed a debt to the city. She failed to pay it until she wanted to run again and then only paid 3/4 of it. Both these women are proteges of the master crook Luther Jones who is also trying to avoid trial. Politics in this city are worse than in New York or New Jersey when it comes to being corrupt.
realbear

El Paso, TX

#9 Jan 12, 2010
Lets get this over with and get her out of office. She knows what she did and in the office that she holds that means that she does have to honest and truthful. Good Job DA Jaime Esparza don't let up. She feels that she is above the law. Next thing will be Teresa Caballero and Stuart Leeds defending her. She is a joke.
Frequent Flier

AOL

#10 Jan 12, 2010
Would someone just give her a One Way Southwest Airlines ticket to wherever Southwest flies the furthest from El Paso.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quintana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quintana Music Thread (Apr '15) Nov 16 Musikologist 7
Shady Company (Jun '09) Oct '16 closecall 18
News Police looking for man wanted for murder (Jul '12) Oct '16 Update 230
Lake Jackson Music Thread (Apr '15) Jul '16 Musikologist 2
Crystal from chilis (May '16) Jul '16 boo 2
News 2 arrests in deadly Clute shooting (Apr '10) Jul '16 Anonymous 13
Judge Hufstetler a disgrace to Brazoria County? (Jul '14) Jul '16 a mother 11

Quintana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance