Pedaling bicycle taxi OK with DWI, ci...

Pedaling bicycle taxi OK with DWI, city says

There are 4 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 7, 2009, titled Pedaling bicycle taxi OK with DWI, city says. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

People convicted of DWI will still be able to drive bicycle taxis in Downtown El Paso, a split City Council voted on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Duckbite2

United States

#1 Jan 7, 2009
Are you kidding! Sure, why not allow these drunks to put tourists in flimsy bike taxis and drive in traffic. Hey they are only people, let’s just sit back and see how long it take for one of them to plow into a oncoming car and kill someone. I truly hope it never happens, but if it does seem inevitable.
Green Leaf Pedicab

El Paso, TX

#2 Jan 7, 2009
Ignorant pointless comments are expected (such as Dckbite2).
HERE ARE THE FACTS PEOPLE.
We have college students applying to pedicab and a few have had One DWI in the past five years. These are healthy kids with a mistake in their past. They show me that they want to work hard to earn their money.
All applicants are trained by Green Leaf Pedicab Charles Lauser, who raced professional in cycling qualifying for USA CYCLING TEAM and worked nine years at CrazyCat Cyclery).
After Charles sees that they are healthy, strong, and responsible at driving a pedicab, they get the application for the license.
ALL PEDICAB DRIVERS FOR HIRE MUST BE APPROVED BY THE EL PASO POLICE DEPARTMENT. THEY GO THROUGH FEDERAL AND LOCAL CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS, DRIVER RECORD REVIEWED BY POLICE, DOT PHYSICAL/SCREENING, AND GIVEN A TEST ON KNOWLEDGE OF DOWNTOWN LAYOUT)
We are here to provide a fun service for El Paso and it's guests.
We strictly supervise our drivers by bicycle, clean and responsible.
Pedicabs utilized by Green Leaf are of the highest quality and hand built in the United States, each costing approx.$6,000 before Green Leaf Upgrades.
We want to have the best pedicabs also used in New York City, Miami, Denver, San Francisco, and more.
And all motorists should watch out for us. We are careful, but some drivers just don't care and are impatient.
Have a great day everyone!!! VALENTINES DAY IS COMING, RESERVE A PEDICAB RIDE!!!
BICYCLE REPAIR COMING SOON TO GREEN LEAF, CONTACT GREEN LEAF PEDICAB
THANK YOU-CHARLES LAUSER
STOPDWI

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jan 7, 2009
Being convicted of a DWI offense should not be a deterrent for one wishing to work, even if it is driving a motor vehicle or peddling a tricycle Taxi. I do feel, however, that such people need to show good faith that they have ceased from driving while impaired.
I think he City Council did the right thing.
Cordially,
Charles Hodges-Administrator, Stop DWI, Inc.
Taxi Driver

United States

#4 Jan 7, 2009
Yea Green Leaf, if you don't like the rules let's just ask your good buddy SteveO to change the rules for you. The rest of us taxi drivers have to play by the rules. Thats OK, he's up for election this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quintana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nice single women May 23 Honesty 1
News Mosquitoes: A Highly Annoying Musical History (Oct '11) May 19 Eleanor Montcrief 3
News School funding depends on student attendance (Apr '10) Apr '18 ardith 2
News Arrest report (May '17) Mar '18 Inquire 36
Lake Jackson Music Thread (Apr '15) Feb '18 Musikologist 4
doctors Feb '18 dondeeg 1
News Low-flying planes cause buzz (Oct '09) Jan '18 99 LUFT FARTS 2

Quintana Jobs

Personal Finance

Quintana Mortgages