City Rep. Rachel Quintana on last for...

City Rep. Rachel Quintana on last forgery appeal that may end p...

There are 53 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 8, 2010, titled City Rep. Rachel Quintana on last forgery appeal that may end p.... In it, El Paso Times reports that:

City Rep. Rachel Quintana wants the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals to intervene in the forgery case that could end her political career.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
NotokinOK

Lawton, OK

#2 Jan 8, 2010
City Rep. Rachel Quintana, along with all elected officials should be held to a higher standard, and should understand that as elected officials the constituents have placed their faith and trust in them. If an elected official can not be trusted at the city level, what can be expected of them as they move up the political ladder. If Quintana is allowed to get by with his infraction, what will she do in the future. Forgery is very serious; if you or I as common citizens are chaged with forgery, it could cost us a career, as it should cost Quintana's. A crook that gets away with a crime once is sure to strike again. Get her out of there, regardless of the outcome, as she has violated her trust with the people.
Face the Music

El Paso, TX

#3 Jan 8, 2010
Rep. Quintana used her newly elected position to try to cheat the system. My belief is she felt she was "entitled" because of her position. She thought she was different than everyone else, than she should be treated differently than everyone else when she gets caught. She has a daughter to set an example for and so far, she has not done very well. She should admit her wrongdoing, step down from office, and make amends. My prayers are with her and her daughter.
Veronica

El Paso, TX

#4 Jan 8, 2010
Rachel, you're political days are numbered! You should've have done the right thing and stepped down when this happened! You keep bringing attention to yourself by keeping this in the news. You'll never be trusted again.
El Paso-El Paso

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 8, 2010
The article never reminds us that Rachel Q has never admited that she committed a crime. Her lawyer wants the settlement but Rachel will admit no wrong doing.

If Rachel had come clean, admitted she made a mistake, paid a fine and donated money publically to a charity... she might be sitting pretty today.
ummm

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 8, 2010
El Paso-El Paso wrote:
The article never reminds us that Rachel Q has never admited that she committed a crime. Her lawyer wants the settlement but Rachel will admit no wrong doing.
If Rachel had come clean, admitted she made a mistake, paid a fine and donated money publically to a charity... she might be sitting pretty today.
when this first happened she did admit to having done it, she keeps postponing it with the hopes of people forgetting this part

Since: Aug 09

915er

#7 Jan 8, 2010
don't do the crime if you can' do the time.
E Z as one two three.
i'm a poet and don't even know it.
boo yah in la casa, boo yah for la raza.

Since: Dec 07

El Paso

#8 Jan 8, 2010
It an inheritance that runs in her family, Deceitfulness.
Tom

El Paso, TX

#9 Jan 8, 2010
She can't step down, because she has no shame or dignity.
stupid

El Paso, TX

#10 Jan 8, 2010
"Quintana, 31, says she is being unfairly prosecuted by District Attorney Jaime Esparza because she is an elected official."

FINALLY! someone stupider than me!
EPTimessSux

El Paso, TX

#11 Jan 8, 2010
eh. She'll get re-elected. Just put a "D" in front of her name and the idiots in this town will keep voting for her...
El Paso

El Paso, TX

#12 Jan 8, 2010
How dare she claim she is being singled out because of being an elected offical. A crminal is a criminal. Read the posts about you Quintana, everyone knows right from wrong except you and you think of the El Paso people as stupid when you claim you are being treated unfairly. Get this scum out of office.
maria

El Paso, TX

#13 Jan 8, 2010
yep
maria

El Paso, TX

#14 Jan 8, 2010
stupid wrote:
"Quintana, 31, says she is being unfairly prosecuted by District Attorney Jaime Esparza because she is an elected official."
FINALLY! someone stupider than me!
isn't he elected to?? or is he appointed?
wandering in the darkness

El Paso, TX

#15 Jan 8, 2010
According to the timeline links listed next to this article, after SouthWest Airlines received their proper ticketfare neither they (SWA) nor FedEx made a police report or were interedting in prusuing the case and it was an employee of the City Manager's office who made the complaint and at least to me that is beyond the pale.

Be that as it may, if she was not entitled to the ticket at the lower price, presented a fake letter, she should be found guilty, and if she is found guilty she will be removed from City Council.
Rey

AOL

#16 Jan 8, 2010
This will most likely be dragged out so she can complete the term.

She made a very unwise decision and will now pay for that choice.
How true

Midland, TX

#17 Jan 8, 2010
No higher standard - fraud is fraud.
BOO YAH

Austin, TX

#18 Jan 8, 2010
Rachel do everyone a favor and disappear into the Border night. Get the helloutta El Paso no one wants you

El Paso

#19 Jan 8, 2010
El Paso's Justice system seems to embrace all of its political malfactors.

El Paso

#20 Jan 8, 2010
Hope they finally start and bring some justice and start locking them up in dress orange or blue or our Lawlessness political society will continue to run rampant in this city.
El one five

United States

#21 Jan 8, 2010
Rachel no class what so ever,shame on yourself! After three years and you still want to fight that charge. Just quit your position, you've probably made more money holding on to your office already .I wonder why all you "politicos" do not get sent to jail, even ater some of you plead guilty ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quintana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 17 min Observer 1,045
Snapchatme nude (Oct '14) Jan 12 anonymous 3
Police on Bachelor Button St lake jackson Dec 22 Paulla 1
News Angleton ISD teacher drowns while fishing in Ch... Dec '16 dont matter 1
Quintana Music Thread (Apr '15) Nov '16 Musikologist 7
Shady Company (Jun '09) Oct '16 closecall 18
News Police looking for man wanted for murder (Jul '12) Oct '16 Update 230

Quintana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quintana Mortgages