El Paso City Council votes to make bu...

El Paso City Council votes to make builders pay fees

There are 46 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 12, 2009, titled El Paso City Council votes to make builders pay fees. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Developers will have to pay the cost of providing water and sewer services in new developments on the fringes of the city, a split City Council voted late on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
_Arrrrrrr

Moss Beach, CA

#43 May 14, 2009
Gunslinger915 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, so that really was you suckin off that big Black dude in the alley?? Here's a buck ***GOT , go do another one. F(k(N****SY coward POS.
You stupid sissy asss, you stayed up all night thinking of writting this childish script what an idiot old fart shitstain undies?
all things equal

Seminole, FL

#44 May 14, 2009
You really need to drop the name-blame-game, it helps nobody! As long as we both live, each of us will support our respective parties. You and I actually know that our parties are made up of people and people make mistakes. Therefore, it is not entirely about blaming someone for their mistake(s), but it is about resolving the aftermath that results. Why don't you focus on proposing good solutions rather than bashing folks?
I know I've gotten on you for your writing skills, but then again, everyone makes small mistakes. I was really getting on you for your bashing of the democrats. I as a democrat have actually voted for the best candidate before, even if he/she was a republican. So, really I'm past partisan politics and I invite you to get past the bi-partisanism and propose good ideas, because I sense that you can see the bigger picture here! How about it, truce?
TSM wrote:
So what homes will cost more what the heck. Barney and his cohorts will force banks to lend, I forgot the government own the banks, what was I thinking. It won’t matter if the buyer qualifies as long as he/she breathing good enough for government.
Then a few years later another home mortgage crisis Barney and his cohorts will blame Bush and predatory lending for the crisis and demand another Stimulus bailout! People do you get the Picture
Saw the light

El Paso, TX

#45 May 14, 2009
Last year Patosci and her pals raised the minimum wage. Everything we use and eat went up in price.
Forty years ago I heard: "Vote for Kennedy because Democrats are for the Poor and Republicans are for the rich".
It's hard to believe that people are still falling for this line. When are El Paso Democrats going to learn that their Democrat leaders ARE filthy rich and that the rich can never be taxed because they just pass on their higher costs to the idiot consumers who keep voting democrat.
Saw the light

El Paso, TX

#46 May 14, 2009
all things equal wrote:
You really need to drop the name-blame-game, it helps nobody! As long as we both live, each of us will support our respective parties. You and I actually know that our parties are made up of people and people make mistakes. Therefore, it is not entirely about blaming someone for their mistake(s), but it is about resolving the aftermath that results. Why don't you focus on proposing good solutions rather than bashing folks?
I know I've gotten on you for your writing skills, but then again, everyone makes small mistakes. I was really getting on you for your bashing of the democrats. I as a democrat have actually voted for the best candidate before, even if he/she was a republican. So, really I'm past partisan politics and I invite you to get past the bi-partisanism and propose good ideas, because I sense that you can see the bigger picture here! How about it, truce?
<quoted text>
Pardon me for butting in, but where were you when the democrats were constantly attacking (Obama still is)Bush and Channey? I have learned that being bi-partisan to democrats means giving up my beliefs and values and falling in step with you guys. We do not agree on taxes, National defense, border security, illegal immigration, freedom of religion, school choice, abortion, sex education, gay marraige, the defenition of marraige and as a matter of fact, I can't think of anything that I agree with the democrats on.
These are serious issue and to the winner will go the spoils, but no,...no truce here, the future of this nation is as stake.
Oh, and by your own party leaders defenition, Democrats make mistakes of judgement, Republicans commit crimes, so don't take your boxing gloves off.
"Good sollutions"? How about not voting democrat or republ;ican, but voting "conservative" instead.
all things equal

Seminole, FL

#47 May 15, 2009
I have to admit that my hands are a little dirty from some "stone-throwing" too. A lot of people were frustrated by the Bush Administration because of the economy, and the sense that the war in Iraq was going "nowhere" and going nowhere "fast!" You must admit that the cost of the war is excessive and "non-conservative" though.
I admit that the basic bipartisan form of govt is a very difficult pill to swallow, I too, do not agree with a lot of "non-family" issues that people are forcing on the Obama Administration. That's precisely the problem though, on the right side you have the bible-thumping conservatives that think that the religious right ought to be commanding the world's most powerful country, how does that differentiate us from say Iran, who is an up and coming n-u-c-l-e-a-r power, that is being led by political fanatics? Conversely, we cannot let the hippy-faithless new-agers lead us through "cosmic" economic theories either. I disagree in part about the "conservative" approach, I actually think that a "middle of the road" approach is better, because that approach fits 80% of the population better. When the 10% right extremists or the 10% leftist extremists take control of the govt helm, anger and resentment is going to be prevalent across our land.
Saw the light wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me for butting in, but where were you when the democrats were constantly attacking (Obama still is)Bush and Channey? I have learned that being bi-partisan to ... but voting "conservative" instead.
The Wall

London, UK

#48 May 15, 2009
Fed up wrote:
What else are the Home Builders whining about now; they're making a killing selling substandard built homes. They should be more concerned with assuring the employees they have building homes are following OSHA Standards while working. The Home Builders Association blow off that responsibility by stating that they (the builders) are all self-employed and are responsible for their own safety program but most of the craft people out there have no knowledge or training regarding safety. They appear to be an expendable resource.
So true. Ever wonder why none of the big homebuilders like Shea, DR Horton do not build homes in ELP? These clowns are running a nice monopoly in ELP. Let the builders go to hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quintana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu sid 989
Blonde runner (Aug '15) May 2 Jon7012 2
News Police looking for man wanted for murder (Jul '12) Apr 28 rgc tx 229
News Texas bites back with annual a pest festsa Apr 27 roy 1
danbury's dead dog-- local law enforcement coverup (Jan '10) Apr 12 Ebenning 20
any one know chris rioux (Nov '08) Apr 12 Ebenning 10
Quintana Music Thread (Apr '15) Feb '16 Musikologist 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quintana Mortgages