Robinson citation: City Council membe...

Robinson citation: City Council member disappoints

There are 48 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 6, 2010, titled Robinson citation: City Council member disappoints. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

This week wasn't the first time city Rep. Carl Robinson has been cited for driving without a license -- though he maintains he has one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
well

El Paso, TX

#1 May 7, 2010
he didnt disappoint on his vote editorial board. noticed how your paper kept his on the front page of the website all day, but hid beto's mom's article and didnt put it back up at all.

what, no editorial article about how disapppointed you are in melissa o'roarke for laundering over 500 k ? who was the one coustomer ? no investigating reporter for that one either. maybe crowder will find out for us in el paso inc.
Michael Birkelbach

Midland, TX

#2 May 7, 2010
It would be worth while to ask Mr. Robinson to ride the Sun Metro this summer and give a thorough review of the El Paso mass transit system.
Bob Bakian

United States

#3 May 7, 2010
Michael Birkelbach wrote:
It would be worth while to ask Mr. Robinson to ride the Sun Metro this summer and give a thorough review of the El Paso mass transit system.
I fully support and even applaud this idea. I was riding the bus about a fortnight ago and I couldn't believe the stench emanating from the back. It was like a cross between a goat, a gym locker room and a bean burrito. I eventually had to cover my whole face in order to deal with the smell, but that caused me to miss my stop because I couldn't see where the bus was. So I asked the driver to please turn around and take me to my stop and he refused! To top it all off, he charged me an additional fee because I was on the bus for too long in accordance with some subsection provision which calls for an increased charge to those who don't exit the bus in a timely fashion. The only good thing about the whole trip was that I spotted a couple of lesbians.
Obama bin Biden

El Paso, TX

#4 May 7, 2010
It is SOOOOOOO obvious the city council members that voted for the boycott on Arizona are going after Carl for his vote.

Don't worry Mr. Robinson, we the REAL people of El Paso support your decision.

And you WILL be re-elected, unlike the others.
Obama bin Biden

El Paso, TX

#5 May 7, 2010
Michael Birkelbach wrote:
They are going after him because he stood up against the El Paso City council with a no vote to boycott Arizona on the new illegal immigration law.
He is the only black man on the council.

I'm sure we will see more attacks upon him.
For the love of God, the guy is a decorated Vietnam Veteran......and the news is going after him, because he didn't have his drivers license with him?
Wow, what a SUPER criminal.
What

El Paso, TX

#6 May 7, 2010
Who needs a driver license?
What purpose does it serve?
Mr. Robertson I stand in honor along side of you. We need to get this over controlling government under control. Let the people Rule! I will vote for you again. Show El Paso how it should be done.
Millie in NE

El Paso, TX

#7 May 7, 2010
Licensed driver or not, I love my city rep. I agree that the Times needs to dig deeper, to use FOIA if necessary to find out who bought all that furniture at Beto's mom's store. I too hope the Inc. comes through with more details.
lobo

United States

#9 May 7, 2010
Bob Bakian wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully support and even applaud this idea. I was riding the bus about a fortnight ago and I couldn't believe the stench emanating from the back. It was like a cross between a goat, a gym locker room and a bean burrito. I eventually had to cover my whole face in order to deal with the smell, but that caused me to miss my stop because I couldn't see where the bus was. So I asked the driver to please turn around and take me to my stop and he refused! To top it all off, he charged me an additional fee because I was on the bus for too long in accordance with some subsection provision which calls for an increased charge to those who don't exit the bus in a timely fashion. The only good thing about the whole trip was that I spotted a couple of lesbians.
Did you check your underarms, or maybe it was your feet, or some other part of your anatomy that stunk!!!!!!
Bob Bakian

United States

#10 May 7, 2010
lobo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you check your underarms, or maybe it was your feet, or some other part of your anatomy that stunk!!!!!!
I, as all men, occasionally do have odors and smells and what have you. But this was unbelievably rank. It went way beyond what BO could produce and I actually feel like it was some netherworld force producing it.
Alabama

El Paso, TX

#11 May 7, 2010
90% of El paso drivers don't have drivers licence, anyone complaining about that?
Give you the Bird

El Paso, TX

#12 May 7, 2010
Obama bin Biden wrote:
It is SOOOOOOO obvious the city council members that voted for the boycott on Arizona are going after Carl for his vote.
Don't worry Mr. Robinson, we the REAL people of El Paso support your decision.
And you WILL be re-elected, unlike the others.
Just an FYI, Robinson was stopped on Monday, the first story ran in Tuesday morning's paper, hours before the Robinson's vote. But don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.
I Will Tread On You

El Paso, TX

#13 May 7, 2010
This is why the Northeast is so Bucked up, you have this Mon/keys uncle and the Hagerty Hillbillys. Northeast keep your trash to yourselves bunch worthless wannabe minute men. hahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahah
Bob Green

United States

#16 May 7, 2010
Give you the Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an FYI, Robinson was stopped on Monday, the first story ran in Tuesday morning's paper, hours before the Robinson's vote. But don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.
That's some slick investigating there, Bird. I'm glad you pointed this out because the vote results were already cast in stone from the moment the issue was raised. Each member has his/her own agenda just as each has his/her own orientation. But the one who said it best was the dude interviewed by KVIA after the vote. With all the problems, troubles, controversies and uphill struggles that this city is facing, why spend hours debating a resolution that ultimately is as valuable as a duck fart?
What

El Paso, TX

#18 May 7, 2010
The Man wrote:
Remember folks, Carl Robinson is a DEMOCRAT!!!
I'm glad you pointed that out so I can register to vote and go DEMOCRAT!!!
The Man

El Paso, TX

#19 May 7, 2010
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you pointed that out so I can register to vote and go DEMOCRAT!!!
Makes sense. Join the rest of the sheeple that voted this clown as city rep. They're most likely the same sheeple that voted for the con artist clown that's currently occupying The White House!
We Love Carl

United States

#21 May 7, 2010
Obama bin Biden wrote:
<quoted text>
They are going after him because he stood up against the El Paso City council with a no vote to boycott Arizona on the new illegal immigration law.
He is the only black man on the council.
I'm sure we will see more attacks upon him.
For the love of God, the guy is a decorated Vietnam Veteran......and the news is going after him, because he didn't have his drivers license with him?
Wow, what a SUPER criminal.
Thanks to Carl for supporting U.S. immigration law! Investigate the other council members. How about the sweetheart contracts they have given to their friends?
james

Laurel, MD

#22 May 7, 2010
Come on quit picking on him because he is black. If the officer had not been racial profiling he would have gotten over again. How many times has ha played the "black card" or used the I'm a "City Counsel member" to get away?

Has his sticker been expired since 2008 the first time? If so his vehicle should have been impounded.

Good thing he wasn't in Arizona, he looks suspicious to me. Did they check his papers?
Clara

United States

#23 May 7, 2010
james wrote:
Come on quit picking on him because he is black. If the officer had not been racial profiling he would have gotten over again. How many times has ha played the "black card" or used the I'm a "City Counsel member" to get away?
Has his sticker been expired since 2008 the first time? If so his vehicle should have been impounded.
Good thing he wasn't in Arizona, he looks suspicious to me. Did they check his papers?
You are right about how pick on people of color here in El Paso. When my nephew was arrested, they treated him so rudely. They yelled at him, made him bend over so they could frisk him and when he asked for a cigarette, they didn't even have a Menthol to give him. To top it off, all he got in the slammer was water and a measly sandwich. They didn't even offer him a grape soda! It was also a trumped up charge to begin with because he didn't really strangle anyone; it was all a misunderstanding over a $5 lid. So I know how you feel, brother. A black man can't get a break in this town.
SendTheDeadbeatT oArizona

United States

#24 May 7, 2010
James wrote:
At least Carl Robinson is not a deadbeat like the hypocrites attacking him on talk radio. The Lionstar Abeytia owes over $20K in child support. Why doesn't he go to Arizona to fight the new law? He can't because he'll be arrested. Strelzin owed over $10,000 in back taxes for years
Send the Deadbeat Abeytia to Arizona. Give Strelzin some free tickets to a show or a free hamburger and he'll shut up. We love you, Carl!
john g

United States

#25 May 7, 2010
Bob Bakian wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it have to a bean burrito? Just because you are it is in El Paso? Racist!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quintana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal from chilis 20 hr boo 2
News 2 arrests in deadly Clute shooting (Apr '10) Jul 23 Anonymous 13
Judge Hufstetler a disgrace to Brazoria County? (Jul '14) Jul 12 a mother 11
Garrison at HEB in Lake Jackson. Jun 30 Crazyass 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Snapchatme nude (Oct '14) May '16 ktoddcanard 2
Poll Which city harbors racism? (Apr '08) May '16 One 12

Quintana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quintana Mortgages