Quintana attorney says DA won't deal

Quintana attorney says DA won't deal

There are 23 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 9, 2008, titled Quintana attorney says DA won't deal. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

East Side city Rep. Rachel Quintana prepared to leave the courtroom after a hearing Friday at the El Paso CountyCourthouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
El Pasoans

El Paso, TX

#22 Sep 23, 2009
Tell the DA not to deal with Quintana's Lawyer, to go ahead and go to Court - She deserves no specail favor from population of El Paso.
El Pasoans

El Paso, TX

#23 Sep 23, 2009
reporter wrote:
Why is she being put down . She makes a great future politician. She has questionable character, hell she fits just find in el paso politics , you ask me i am surprise the democratic party does not try to convince her to run for congress since she has the type of credentials democratic politicians admire. Let her eat at chicos tacos and wave a mexican flag and BS the hispanic democrats like hillary and watch how she will be loved and win a higher post.
Well let her represents You there in Mesa, Arizona, because we surely do'nt want and need here in El Paso.
Contempt for Law

Grandview, TX

#24 Oct 10, 2009
Quintana should have left well enough alone. I have never heard of a defendant appealing a mere plan to prosecute. Since she did not accept Esparza's proposal to be prosecuted for a misdemeanor, he is no longer held to his plan to prosecute the case as a misdemeanor. Forgery is a serious offense, and she can now easily be prosecuted for a third degree felony.

Being a convicted felon has repercussions far beyond those of being convicted of a misdemeanor. It would make her ineligible to hold political office. That might be a good deal for rank and file El Pasoans who are not well educated and are predisposed to being victimized by political demagoguery. A politician that is blatantly contemptuous of law would be an ongoing threat to society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quintana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who knows glenda brady who works in refinery an... Apr 23 Refinery 1
Poll Which city harbors racism? (Apr '08) Apr 22 TexanAmerican 14
Lake Jackson Music Thread (Apr '15) Apr 15 Musikologist 3
Shania clute mcdonalds Mar '17 Standing with you 2
Old lady delivering legal Feb '17 Fed up with the d... 1
Snapchatme nude (Oct '14) Jan '17 anonymous 3
Police on Bachelor Button St lake jackson Dec '16 Paulla 1

Quintana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance