Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
15,701 - 15,720 of 21,520 Comments Last updated 46 min ago
jim

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

test
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go again ignoring the issue and seeking to distract from answering questions asked of you that exposes the fallacies you enjoy through your colorblind mentality of extremes. A symptom of a right wing Zionist. I’m not anymore a communist as you are fascist. That was never the question. Do you pay taxes to keep your beliefs of ownership. Fail to pay those taxes, licenses, and so on and see how long your beliefs of ownership evaporates. Try to stay focused. Oh by the way what’s this “Love” of Obama question have anything to do with communist? Again using arbitrary terms to define the perimeters of your abilities. What am I supposed to respond and say do you “Love” Hitler? Kinda of a callow means of discussing issues. I also was once a child and thought as a child. Then as I matured I put away my toys and child like mentality. Try it or perhaps you are having a problem with that state of mind?
So, cutting through your pseudo-intellectual blather, the answer is yes. You are a GD Communist.
APRIL FOOLS

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Lmao :D Love Boomeranged And Taylor Swift
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>Keep in mind the various infrastructures deemed sold are actually being leased out. Of course at less than profit generation. itÂ’s the republicans way of raising taxes for immediate cash at the expense of the taxpayers that paid for those infrastructuresÂ’ to keep debt levels down. Note as soon they are turned over to corporations they raise the rates 3 times or more. Thus increasing future debt to the taxpayers.
How does raising rates "increase future debt to taxpayers?"
Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Perry
Soft Words

Centerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Again, more one word super genius's, delete the whole thread!
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Pinche Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
How does raising rates "increase future debt to taxpayers?"
How does raising rates increase cost to taxpayers?
Taxpayers that use the particular service that has been leased out are going to pay higher service charges. Triple and or greater than what they were paying. When lease is up do you think the charges will drop? Think not..
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, cutting through your pseudo-intellectual blather, the answer is yes. You are a GD Communist.
Defiant returns with the wisdom of callow sophomore. Swearing to his disapproval of some political ideology. What now? You do realize that America incorporates communist as a tool to uphold their democracy when it benefits them. Ironic you bring your god into this. Hmmm does god pay taxes or just goes ahead and shares in our democratic infrastructure?
By the way have 4 solar panels that DIY’ed and have 2 more going up within the next three weeks. Store bought. No loans all cash. Soon will have enough to fully charge my electric vehicle. LOL making my own fuel.. Fuel savings will buy the vehicle. Have you started yet?
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Texan wrote:
It is my property bought and paid for>period, point, paragraph, end of discussion. Unless YOU yourself want to try and take it. At which point you will recieve the ultimate proof that it is indeed mine. So put that in your left wing pipe and smoke it.
Old Tex living the Dream of ownership. Consider what would occur if Tex does not pay his taxes to the sovereignty of the land. Hmm renting, leasing would be a more appropriate definition. Consider even if Tex wants to construct something he will be required to first to get permission from the sovereignty. Which then may limit construction and require certain licenses and inspections to make sure it is within the parameters of the sovereignty. This Tex defines as ownership! Dream on.. Stop paying your rent and the nightmare will commence.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Did you pay taxes, and registration fees on those things you bought? If you did; per your own words they aren't yours. You can't have it both ways a--hole. If I can't own my home and land you can't own your solar panels and car.
jim

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

test
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
How does raising rates increase cost to taxpayers?
Taxpayers that use the particular service that has been leased out are going to pay higher service charges. Triple and or greater than what they were paying. When lease is up do you think the charges will drop? Think not..
The question was "How does increasing rates increase FUTURE DEBT to taxpayers?" Not costs.
My point is that toll roads are financed through bond sales, built, then leased to an operator. The lease pays the debt and the drivers pay to use the toll roads. Where do the taxpayers come into play? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Tex living the Dream of ownership. Consider what would occur if Tex does not pay his taxes to the sovereignty of the land. Hmm renting, leasing would be a more appropriate definition. Consider even if Tex wants to construct something he will be required to first to get permission from the sovereignty. Which then may limit construction and require certain licenses and inspections to make sure it is within the parameters of the sovereignty. This Tex defines as ownership! Dream on.. Stop paying your rent and the nightmare will commence.
What entity is the soveriegnty in this situation?
grizz lapp

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Grizzly Adams
Yous

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

grizz lapp wrote:
Grizzly Adams
Good luck Texas! We love you :)
Bernard Forand

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Pinche Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was "How does increasing rates increase FUTURE DEBT to taxpayers?" Not costs.
My point is that toll roads are financed through bond sales, built, then leased to an operator. The lease pays the debt and the drivers pay to use the toll roads. Where do the taxpayers come into play? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Future debt is in the increase to say the toll charges. Debt is not paid off any more than when one rents. In business there is a break even point with properties. Then they become losses and are allow to fall into disrepair. Called bleeding the property. Just as those that rent our infrastructures will do when they reach the point of parody. Lease up and infrastructure repairs falls to the taxpayer. Roadway will then be assessed to its potential earnings of what the raised service cost was. Note; Profit of the private industry is added into the assessment, thus once again raising taxes for the infrastructure they have already paid for ,Plus the profits that were derived will be maintained . Taxpayer paid once, twice, thrice for the same infrastructure and the profits that were obtained by the private enterprise is theirs to keep and reinvest.
Another example; Mineral rights are leased out to private enterprises. Now the majority of times lease is not put up for auction, which has proven to be most effective for returns to taxpayers. Common practice its behind closed doors with one bid. Bid turns out to be say $100,000,000 for a $500 Billion transaction. Less infrastructure to recoup minerals and profits go to the leaser of say $20 Billion! Land returned to govt. in distress and taxpayers pay for the clean up and restoration both in monetary and health. If you are interested in a more in depth knowledge of these lease/rent scenarios I can refer you to Book recently written by Nobel Economic writer and author.
Bernard Forand

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Pinche Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
What entity is the soveriegnty in this situation?
The USA in this perticular situations. All nations that are reconized by the UN are soveriegn within their borders.
Bernard Forand

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Texan wrote:
Did you pay taxes, and registration fees on those things you bought? If you did; per your own words they aren't yours. You can't have it both ways a--hole. If I can't own my home and land you can't own your solar panels and car.
Yes we finally agree. What I build will return back to the cosmos regardless of how I manage it. There will be others that will use it when I no longer can afford to manage it all. That is the circle of life. We are but temporary landlords, if so wish for a more proper title.

“likes pretty pictures”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Gov Good Hair does NOT speak for me
ranger

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Come and take it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Quinlan Discussions

Search the Quinlan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 17,094
they call it worship 8 hr HEATH - 72 2
soda pop bear (Mar '13) 22 hr andeem0u5e 9
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Fri Wow 598
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Jul 24 Gasman 499
Royse City Fitness (Nov '09) Jul 23 ghost 50
•••
•••

Quinlan News Video

•••
•••

Quinlan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Quinlan People Search