Why do we have so many code violation...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Desiree C

Dallas, TX

#21 Nov 18, 2009
RC Mom wrote:
Where is our code compliance? The city is looking more and more rundown everyday.
Anybody know what our taxes are being allocated to? My neighbor has weeds 3 ft tall and I notice homes that look as if they are abandoned or not even suitable for habitation with no code enforcement.
Help!
The city doesnt have a code enforcement program they just have a bunch of executives that stand around pretending to be busy collecting an assistant city manager check.
RC Retiree

Dallas, TX

#22 Nov 18, 2009
RC Mom wrote:
Where is our code compliance? The city is looking more and more rundown everyday.
Anybody know what our taxes are being allocated to? My neighbor has weeds 3 ft tall and I notice homes that look as if they are abandoned or not even suitable for habitation with no code enforcement.
Help!
How about the homes that are peeling and falling down in the historic heritage area. I'm a senior but I make sure my homes is up to code. Forget these other places, the city doesnt care.
Beverly

Dallas, TX

#23 Nov 19, 2009
RC Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the homes that are peeling and falling down in the historic heritage area. I'm a senior but I make sure my homes is up to code. Forget these other places, the city doesnt care.
Surely, with the bringing on board of paid assistants, our City Manager would have the time to investigate such obvious situations and provide a report to the people of the city.
complaint dept

Lockhart, TX

#24 Feb 4, 2013
It takes a village to raise a child, adult children point fingers what they dont.know that when they do three is pointed right back at them, be a neighbor and if you don't have one borrow one and get lawn mower and act like a neighbor ,
Leonard S Augustine

Royse City, TX

#25 Feb 8, 2013
complaint dept wrote:
It takes a village to raise a child, adult children point fingers what they dont.know that when they do three is pointed right back at them, be a neighbor and if you don't have one borrow one and get lawn mower and act like a neighbor ,
Been there, done that. Nearly got sued after about three months of weekly summertime mowing in this good old Texas heat. Was told I'd be liable for any broken windows caused by my Sears push mower if I hit a rock. I quit mowing and about 5 weeks later the city posted violation stickers on the old vacant home. But it just kept growing until it reached the top of the fence. LOL, sometimes when good versus evil, there just is no real winner. Still the Good Lord said to love thy neighbor, but I just don't want to buy him new windows every time I help him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone have SuddenLink Cable/Internet? (Dec '10) Sep 4 soniaholliday 37
Where is Michael Chambers? Aug 24 dolly 1
Robert R. cyr (Dec '12) Aug '17 Terrie Poole 2
Women of Royse City Aug '17 Lloyd 2
City Administration (Jan '12) Aug '17 Gary lovejoy 6
News Man Behind Alcohol Petition Says Area Will... (Jun '09) Aug '17 RealRosie 7
Need a dentist? May '17 dentisttreetx 1

Quinlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quinlan Mortgages