Burglary/Robbery
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mad

Odessa, TX

#1 Jul 29, 2010
Why is crime so bad in Quinlan. In the last 4 months it has been record numbers of houses/buildings being broken into. I have been hit 2 times in this time frame and the police know who the thivies are. Am I the only one in this town fighting MAD?
texgal

AOL

#2 Aug 1, 2010
I am amazed at the crime in this area. I have a police scanner and it is unbelievable. On Friday and Saturday and also Sunday nights, I do not know how the sheriff dept. keeps up with all the calls.

The break in's has me greatly concerned too.
Mad

Odessa, TX

#3 Aug 2, 2010
I am going outside the police dept now with private help because I know they can't cover the area. I just hope the sheriff can add additional staff soon, very soon. It's BAD.
Wish I could Like Quinlan

Richardson, TX

#4 Aug 22, 2010
All I hear about Quinlan when I mention it is that it is a crackhead haven. This is from people I know, who grew up there and still have relatives living there. I really like the area too so much for moving there. I hear they are cracking down on gambling rooms, how about cracking down on the crackheads.
Claire

AOL

#5 Aug 23, 2010
The Lake Tawakoni area has always had the reputation for drugs. Nothing has changed in that area.

However, you will find the most wonderful people that live in the area. Nor everyone in Quinlan is a crack head. I do understand your concern though.
Mad

Odessa, TX

#6 Aug 26, 2010
Quinlan does have the most wonderful people. I grew up in the city as a child and we have had a weekend place in the area for years. I plan on moving to Quinlan when I retire. Something has to be done to run the drugs out of the area. I heard Quinlan may be cutting back on the police force so outside help might be needed to protect your place.
CAFFINEQUEEN

United States

#7 Sep 3, 2010
Wish I could Like Quinlan wrote:
All I hear about Quinlan when I mention it is that it is a crackhead haven. This is from people I know, who grew up there and still have relatives living there. I really like the area too so much for moving there. I hear they are cracking down on gambling rooms, how about cracking down on the crackheads.
FROM THE TIME I WAS 12 QUINLAN WAS KNOWN AS A WHITE TRASH, DRUG TOWN, MY MEMORIES STILL HAUNT ME FROM THE THINGS I SAW GOING DOWN SOME OF THE ROADS TO MY GRANDFATHERS LAKE HOUSE, ANYONE WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED DO NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE TOWN OR THE PEOPLE THERE, I HAVE GOTTEN MYSELF IN SEVERAL HEATED ARGUMENTS BC I DO DEGRADE THE TOWN AND THE PEOPLE FROM THERE, EVEN THE ONES WHO CONSIDER THEMSELVES EDUCATED SEEM TO HAVE A 5TH GRADE LEVEL EDUCATION, IF YOU PLAN ON MOVING THERE GOOD LUCK, THE CRIME RATE IS UNBELIEVABLE, IF YOU LEAVE YOUR HOUSE FOR SO MUCH AS A WEEKEND THE METH FREAKS WILL STEAL YOUR COPPER, STRIP A VEHICLE, ANYTHING TO MAKE A QUICK DOLLAR, AND ON TOP OF THE METH, THE REST OF THEM DO NOT WORK, THEY ALL CLAIM DISABILITY, THEY DO NOT PAY THEIR BILLS AND SPEND MOST OF THEIR TIME AT "THE WAL-MART" ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DRIVE BY ANY HOURS OF THE DAY 6-7 OF THEM IN THE MOTORIZED BUGGIES IN THE CHECK OUT LINE, I TRUELY DISCOURAGE ANY ONE THAT HAS ANY COMMON SENSE FROM MOVING TO SUCH A NASTY CRAPPY TOWN.
TX-Investigator

Shedd, OR

#8 Oct 2, 2010
CAFFINEQUEEN wrote:
<quoted text>
FROM THE TIME I WAS 12 QUINLAN WAS KNOWN AS A WHITE TRASH, DRUG TOWN, MY MEMORIES STILL HAUNT ME FROM THE THINGS I SAW GOING DOWN SOME OF THE ROADS TO MY GRANDFATHERS LAKE HOUSE, ANYONE WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED DO NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE TOWN OR THE PEOPLE THERE, I HAVE GOTTEN MYSELF IN SEVERAL HEATED ARGUMENTS BC I DO DEGRADE THE TOWN AND THE PEOPLE FROM THERE, EVEN THE ONES WHO CONSIDER THEMSELVES EDUCATED SEEM TO HAVE A 5TH GRADE LEVEL EDUCATION, IF YOU PLAN ON MOVING THERE GOOD LUCK, THE CRIME RATE IS UNBELIEVABLE, IF YOU LEAVE YOUR HOUSE FOR SO MUCH AS A WEEKEND THE METH FREAKS WILL STEAL YOUR COPPER, STRIP A VEHICLE, ANYTHING TO MAKE A QUICK DOLLAR, AND ON TOP OF THE METH, THE REST OF THEM DO NOT WORK, THEY ALL CLAIM DISABILITY, THEY DO NOT PAY THEIR BILLS AND SPEND MOST OF THEIR TIME AT "THE WAL-MART" ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DRIVE BY ANY HOURS OF THE DAY 6-7 OF THEM IN THE MOTORIZED BUGGIES IN THE CHECK OUT LINE, I TRUELY DISCOURAGE ANY ONE THAT HAS ANY COMMON SENSE FROM MOVING TO SUCH A NASTY CRAPPY TOWN.
I've been in the Quinlan area for 1 1/2 years, and have never had issues with any locals, and never had anything stolen from my house. Most are friendly, country people. And, for someone in Terrell to badmouth Quinlan is quite the laugh.

Terrell has ten times the crime rate that Quinlan has, gangs, home invasions,business and home burglaries, gang grafitti sprayed all over town on building, a huge problem with crack cocaine and marijuana abuse right now.

It's so bad in Terrell, 12 and 13 year old kids are being charged with assault weekly and are in municipal court for their crimes. Purse snatching, carjacking, and identity thief are common crimes in Terrell around the Tanger Outlet mall, Big Lots, and Wal Mart.

Drive around Terrell and count the number of houses with burglar bars on doors and windows. This is always a good indicator people are living there in fear of being burglarized.

There is no way I'd ever consider living in or close to crime and drug riddled Terrell.

Richardson, TX

#9 Oct 7, 2010
I've heard that Hawk Cove is the worst from the same people who grew up there. I never would think that a trend describes ALL people in an area, I apologize if that sounded that way. I still like the area. I like Terrell and Quinlan, well the Lake tawakoni area to be more specific.

To say that Terrell has ten times the crime rate might be explained by the fact that it has ten times the people....
Mad

Dallas, TX

#10 Oct 8, 2010
They always have a police truck at the mail boxes in Hawk Cove which helps and they also have police on 4wheelers in that area now. Big city and big money is right on top of Quinlan so it's just a matter of time before they run the bad people out. I love the area and the people.
Whatev

Blue Ridge, TX

#11 Oct 11, 2010
LOL to the Terrell Person, my car was stolen right out of my drive way 2 blocks from the PD station and guess where it was spotted in a crime 2 days later???? TERRELL
Jessica

Royse City, TX

#12 Oct 11, 2010
Quinlan is not just all trash!! Do you not know our football record, Suck On That!!
Miranda

Royse City, TX

#13 Oct 11, 2010
Quinlans the bomb!!! im not a freaking crackhead.(its heaven)
Baby_Boy_Serrato

Rockwall, TX

#14 Oct 14, 2010
We moved from Mesquite and bought a new house in Terrell in 2006 in a great location but never thought about sending our boys to TISD - We chose Q-Town and after 4 years it has proven to be the right choice

We have had several kids at our house every where we have lived and not one single kid from Quinlan has been anything but polite and respectful. These kids aren't polite because they are at my house, it's because they are raised right at home.

Drugs are every where but in a small town you can single them out better, go across the tracks here in Terrell at 2am on a Friday....

Go Panthers
Mad

Dallas, TX

#15 Oct 20, 2010
Thank you Sheriff Meeks & undersheriff Joe Knight for all the work you are doing to move all the drugs out of Hunt County. THANK YOU
Texgal

AOL

#16 Nov 4, 2010
As with all small and large towns, Quinlan does have it's share of drug and crime problems.

However, the people are wonderful, caring and helpful people. Anytime I go to the post office, someone is always holding the door open for me, be it a man or woman.

And yes, you see people in the electric carts, but you see that anywhere. These people have a reason for using the carts. They have a handicap and how dare anyone to question why they are using the electric carts.

I have lived in Quinlan for 28 years. Our children got a wonderful education and all have degrees and good jobs.

Try visiting one of our many wonderful churches and you might change your mind. Also, the Lake Area Shared Ministry is run by wonderful Christian people. So, all in all, Quinlan is not as bad afterall.

Richardson, TX

#17 Nov 11, 2010
No I don't know your football record... What the hell does that have to do with anything? Is this the mentality of Quinlan? Who cares if your house gets robbed we're good at football???
aperson

United States

#18 Nov 5, 2012
Mad wrote:
They always have a police truck at the mail boxes in Hawk Cove which helps and they also have police on 4wheelers in that area now. Big city and big money is right on top of Quinlan so it's just a matter of time before they run the bad people out. I love the area and the people.
Hawk Cove is a bad area and yes they do have a truck sitting at the mailboxes but it depends who is on duty in that truck. there are only one or two cops that can write tickets cause the rest of the cops here are not certified peace officers. and ppl that live here know that. so when the unverified ones are duty there's really nothing they can do. yea they could county for back up but county doesn't even like going out there. so if they would get more ceritified officers that can do everything tickets, arrests etc then hawk cove could be a nicer place then it is now. but until then its only gonna get worse.
batesville

United States

#19 Nov 10, 2012
aperson wrote:
<quoted text>Hawk Cove is a bad area and yes they do have a truck sitting at the mailboxes but it depends who is on duty in that truck. there are only one or two cops that can write tickets cause the rest of the cops here are not certified peace officers. and ppl that live here know that. so when the unverified ones are duty there's really nothing they can do. yea they could county for back up but county doesn't even like going out there. so if they would get more ceritified officers that can do everything tickets, arrests etc then hawk cove could be a nicer place then it is now. but until then its only gonna get worse.
Whatever the cops in hawk cove are jerks one sells dope while the other ones it.
the_MAN

Atlanta, GA

#20 Dec 2, 2013
Everybody that lives in quinlin are crackheads. Quinlin is the nastiest town on earth. Stay away from this town. I know people that have to drive through quinlin going home and they tell me the have to drive really fast down 34 to keep the crackheads from carjacking them. Their crackheads are like zombies even the police and sherif are high also...., stay away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a dentist? May 6 dentisttreetx 1
Qunilans unnecessary use of SIRENS Apr '17 Anonymous 1
RCHS Girls BB Gone Bad? (Jan '14) Apr '17 Whataloser 10
March 2nd -- armed robbery 1742 N. Frances Mar '17 Bakkyard 1
Cold Case of a missing person (Oct '12) Mar '17 Gina Faye Allen 10
Lawncare Mar '17 Mia 1
New Walmart (Nov '15) Mar '17 terrible 6

Quinlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance