Coach Crow cover up by French & Clopton

Coach Crow cover up by French & Clopton

Posted in the Quinlan Forum

Quinlan Cover Up

Forney, TX

#1 Apr 28, 2011
Yes, I am sure everyone has heard about the Choke hold by Coach Crow by now; but did you know that this isn't his first run in with putting his hands on another kid or threatening them.

Did you know that Crow, French and Clopton were seen last year huddled up in the back parking lots of Football Games and other sporting events even before Coach Alford was fired.

Yes, this is all true and I am sure many of you have witnessed this and have your own thoughts about many other issues with one or all three of these gentlemen.

Why did French take a pay cut, Why is he supporting and covering up for a Coach that has been in the district less then a year and already been accused of assaulting a child when he fired a Coach that he shook hands with and said " You Win a playoff game and we will be talking new contract baby "

That's right; We were all fooled by this and sold a bag of goods that just didn't add up from day one.

Now the truth is coming out; Our kids aren't the most important thing to Mr French or Clopton, Their buddy is

Your opinion does matter and posting on here can help with everyone reading it...
Royce City dad

Forney, TX

#2 Apr 28, 2011
Wow, I am lost for words. Why would you leave anyone in school who has been linked to assult to any student.

You guys need to get him and the other guys out asap or you will go back to being the white trash community you guys have fought so hard to get away from. Good Luck
Joe

United States

#3 Apr 30, 2011
Bs
Royce City dad

Forney, TX

#4 May 1, 2011
Why don't you explain yourself little Joe
thg

Greenville, TX

#5 May 3, 2011
The football machine has taken over in Quinlan. They will stop at little to obtain the "glory" of a playoff title. At the expense of other sports, and the students, these coaches strive for personal glory of have their name linked to a title. I have seen several of the new coaches at Quinlan in their previous schools using the questionable and illegal tactics to keep players playing. They aren't their for our kids, only their own kids and themselves. Has anybody noticed the links between most of these guys? They go way back together and so do their abusive practices. The Quinlan ISD needs to decide how badly they want to continue down this route.
qalumni

Texarkana, AR

#6 May 19, 2011
First, French did not take a pay cut, he CHOSE to forgo a rightful raise for the same reasons he has done many other money saving acts: state budget cuts! By doing so he is allowing for cushion elsewhere in the budget, I would call it honorable, sounds to me like someone who is thinking of the children and not 'only himself'. Second, out of that entire track meet the boy and 2 witnesses are the ONLY ones who saw this alleged incident, and if this coach were in fact so disliked by all, it would be easy enough for anyone to step up and say they saw it, but instead they are defending him. Also, the mother has dropped criminal charges so that her son can return to sports, which I also find a little odd. If I honestly believed my son was assaulted, I would no doubt see it through, and most certainly NOT make attempts to reinstate my son back onto that SAME coaches athletic teams! Lastly, this is Texas, football always has and will be, for lack of a better word, cherished.
anon

Sugar Land, TX

#7 Aug 12, 2011
Coach Crow and his Hitler regime that came in a couple years ago did NOTHING but ruin alot of talent Quinlan could have had... There is an age group of boys, I believe that are sophmores that have played football together since kindergarten... They were not even scored on in the 7th grade! Well, over half of those boys don't play football anymore and its all because of the coaches. There is nothing fun about it and they are just rude obnoxious a-holes. And as far as the coaches being allowed to be abusive and talk nasty... Why wouldn't they - the let the players act that way too....with no punishment.
Smitty

Quinlan, TX

#8 Aug 17, 2011
qalumni wrote:
First, French did not take a pay cut, he CHOSE to forgo a rightful raise for the same reasons he has done many other money saving acts: state budget cuts! By doing so he is allowing for cushion elsewhere in the budget, I would call it honorable, sounds to me like someone who is thinking of the children and not 'only himself'. Second, out of that entire track meet the boy and 2 witnesses are the ONLY ones who saw this alleged incident, and if this coach were in fact so disliked by all, it would be easy enough for anyone to step up and say they saw it, but instead they are defending him. Also, the mother has dropped criminal charges so that her son can return to sports, which I also find a little odd. If I honestly believed my son was assaulted, I would no doubt see it through, and most certainly NOT make attempts to reinstate my son back onto that SAME coaches athletic teams! Lastly, this is Texas, football always has and will be, for lack of a better word, cherished.
It appears that you answered your own question,,,,,this is Texas, football always has and will be, for lack of a better word, cherished,,,,,, and this is not the only problem they have had,,,, catch the kids talking when they don't know an adult is listening but they don't want the bs they would get into for complaining.
parent concerned

United States

#9 Aug 29, 2011
This is an honest letter from a concerned parent of a Quinlan Varsity Football player. I am a former high school and college football player; and a huge Panthers fan. I also own a business and believe that I know a little bit about leadership. When Coach Crow first came to Quinlan, he replaced a very respected and playoff winning coach. Let’s look at what’s happened since Coach Crow arrived:
During the 2010 football season, the 2009 senior laden football team failed to make the playoffs.
There was a shooting where several players were injured.
A clear failure of leadership shown by the Athletic Director.
Before the start of the 2011 season, the starting quarterback, Coach Crow’s son moved to another town with his mother because she was divorcing Coach Crow. While divorce does happen, I do question the leadership capabilities of the man in charge of our children. The Bible says that if a man cannot manage the affairs of his own household, how can he manage the affairs of the church. And, while this is not the church, it is a very important ministry to the young men of QISD.
I will now address the issues of 2011…When I attended the first scrimmage at Quinlan, I was very disturbed by the leadership and actions of the coaches. Simply put, there was no enthusiasm or coaching happening. Coach Crow and his assistants were standing on the the sideline…arms folded, hands in pockets, and looking extremely bored. That is not coaching! A coach is paid to train the kids…not stand around and passively look on. It was sickening beyond belief…And I wasn’t the only one that felt that way. The next scrimmage, the boys did much better. Fast forward to game 1…Quinlan was playing Mineola, a very good 2A team. However, remember that Quinlan is in a much larger classification; and should have had no problem defeating a smaller school like Mineola. Quinlan came out flat and got beaten by over 30 points. I also have a few football observations from the game. Mineola had two long punt returns that helped to put the game out of reach. Here’s the problem: when punting the football, you typically sub faster guys in for the offensive lineman, since the kick returners are usually very fast. This was not done…this is the failure of Coach Crow to use the right personnel l for the situation. The Quinlan Varsity only has about 25 players…very small numbers for a big 3-A school. Apparently Coach Crow has had a lot of players leave the program. Again, a failure of leadership. Another key issue of the game was the ineffective blocking of Quinlan’s offensive line. There were 3 kids on the sideline that are very effective blockers that never played offense…WHY? When you only have 25 varsity players in a large 3-A program, all of your good players will likely have to go both ways. Football 101. Very similar to the punting situation…this was not done the whole game; no matter how many times the backs were tackled for loss. It was a failure of leadership and common football sense. The good news is the season can still be saved. Quinlan has a talented junior class that will get better every week; however, they need leadership. Quinlan must make a change now before it is too late. I suggest offensive coordinator, Todd Wallace, the former Boles coach who took the Hornets to the State finals in 2009. He is well liked and respected by QISD athletes.
Signed,
A Concerned Parent and Panthers Fan
Go_Back

Mesquite, TX

#10 Nov 9, 2011
parent concerned; you said a lot of things right and started off perfect.

Yes we did have a Great Leader of Men / Coach in Coach Alford. The signs will all once again point to tomorrow night when half of his kids are at the New Cowboys Stadium to support his new Team in the Playoffs.
My son thankfully was able to play for him all 4 years and learned so much more from him then just football. I always visioned my boys playing Football for one heck of a Coach and going off to raise a family and become the leader of their family. Well that happened for at least one of mine; my second son didn't make it thru a season before quiting Football after playing since he was 6 years old; started at all levels and would have started for Crow so no hard feeling for that.

The School made a huge mistake by firing Alford and I am sure they wish they could go back and change it all right now

Interested in how this Season has went

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RCHS Girls BB Gone Bad? (Jan '14) Thu Notsurprised 8
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
car repair (Mar '11) May 30 tony g 8
scott clements homes (Sep '13) May '16 No bias 76
Royse City Police Department (Jan '09) May '16 Amnette Smith 142
drugs (Feb '09) Apr '16 Jim 8
Larry Chreene Custom Homes? (Jan '14) Apr '16 DMC 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quinlan Mortgages