Quinlan ISD School Funding

Posted in the Quinlan Forum

ProQuinlan

Euless, TX

#1 Jun 15, 2011
My neighborhood is out of city Royse City. Half of this aera is RC ISD and half is Quinlan ISD. No one around here send their kids to Quinlan ISD. Instead the choose elsewhere and pay out of district tuition which is fine. Not good for QISD and it perpetuates the poor opinion people have and some say it affects the marketability of property. That may be true.

So a couple in this area started a petition to get the ISD boundaries changed. They managed to get enough signature for a vote. The fact is the people who signed the petition didn't realize the impact it would have on property taxes. They weren't told the entire story.

Regardless I for one do not wish to switch to RCISD. I don't think QISD needs another set back. Instead we should support out local ISD and strive to improve. That certainly wont be easier if QISD looses the tax base that comes from these homes and properties.

So call QISD to object. Better yet object to the vote scheduled for 6/11 and RCISD.
QISD Teacher

Caddo Mills, TX

#2 Aug 19, 2011
People that have had or now have a negative opinion about QISD should come and see the great things going on in our school district. Being a certified teacher in the state of Texas, I have a choice of where I want to be employed and I choose Quinlan. This is a great school district and continuing to get better. We have wonderful Teachers, Administrators, families and students. As with every area, there is always some bad but it is sad that the GOOD things going on here are over shadowed by a few "bad seeds."

Our High School students are offered wonderful Career Classes as well as College credits while they are still in High School. Our Elementary schools are Recognized by the state and we have one of the few districts in the state that our TAKS scores increased again last year.

Before you judge us and choose to talk bad about our schools and send your children somewhere else, come and check us out and see for yourself the positive environment, education and attitude we can offer your child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don Myers, false teacher (Feb '08) 3 hr blah 78
Buc-ees 23 hr SusanBee 10
refreshing honesty Wed HEATH - 72 3
False Teachers (Feb '12) Wed Barnsweb 70
Lawn care Mar 24 Sue 5
Church of Christ truths (Aug '14) Mar 22 Sosthenes 79
Royse City Mayor Jim Mellody Resigns (Sep '08) Mar 19 Greg l 87
Quinlan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web