Jury Gives Sherrod 40 Years In Prison

Jury Gives Sherrod 40 Years In Prison

There are 14 comments on the Van Zandt Newspapers story from May 4, 2012, titled Jury Gives Sherrod 40 Years In Prison. In it, Van Zandt Newspapers reports that:

A West Tawakoni man was sentenced last week to 40 years in the penitentiary for drug offenses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Van Zandt Newspapers.

sherrod

United States

#1 Jun 8, 2012
Honestly do u think that somebody deserves 45 years in prison for a drug charge??? I know somebody who brutally killed somebody an got 10 years probation... hunt county has targeted Mark for years, an harassed his family, its not like he put a gun to anybody's head an made the addicts do drugs, there still gonna do drugs regardless... so same problems will always be around.. 45 yrs?? He has kids an a family.. that he was trying to provide for, maybe not the best way, but everybody makes mistakes
Sister sherrod

United States

#2 Jun 14, 2012
Yes and that somebody was his father. Our father was stabbed mutiple times and the guy got 10 yrs probation. I just cant believe how u people think...do you honestly think by locking my brother up 45 years is the key to making ur little country towns safe and drug free!! Drug addicts are gonna get high and continue to buy drugs no matter what. and that includes some of u dirty cops and ya know who ya are!! my brother might of made some bad decisions but he doesnt deserve what he got.
marks true friend

United States

#3 Jun 14, 2012
Mark isn't a bad man! Maybe he didn't make a living the honest way! But it was the only way he know how! That doesn't make him horrible. Now there will just be someone to take over! And his son will grow up fatherless! His wife husbandless,his sisters without him his cousins missing him and his bestfriend and neices lost without him! A 15 year old girl can be raped by a 40 plus yearold man and only get 20 years but my boy gets 45 its just not fair!
sherrodswife

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jun 14, 2012
The sentencing & trial were unjust and ridiculous. The personal vendetta this County has against my husband is outrageous. Bad choices don't warrant a sentencing of this magnitude. Our lives, our children lives & our family's lives have been turned upside down. This solves nothing..the war in this county rages on, With drug dealers & addicts running around laughing in the face of the law. We will stand firm by Him, they can't take that from us, but it broke our hearts. This county is fueled by greed and that never ends well...
amazing

Carrollton, TX

#5 Sep 13, 2012
yep dirty dirty dirty god doesnt like ugly
The Street Cleaner

United States

#6 Jun 19, 2013
Yes, your right he should have gotten 99 years to life for being a repeat offender dug dealer, and spent his whole life in prison for all the kids, familys, and people whos lives he ruined with drugs he sold, and took money for in Texas. I got not sympathy for you drug dealers. You are all going to go to jail before it is over, and Mark... well he will be an old man when he gets out of State and Federal Prison, and the IRS get through with him, and you all on fines, and prison time.
Don't do the crime, and set around, and whine, if you can't afford to do the time.
LOL

Soper, OK

#7 Jun 19, 2013
The Street Cleaner!!! wilson you could of came up with a better name than that. everyone knows all about you and how dirty you are. it's all going to come out and you will be in prison with Mark.
THE STREET CLEANER

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2013
Hahaha! Maybe you drug dealers ought to check out your competition as you dumb dope doers are turning on each other. That's why they call it DOPE! And I don't know no Wilson, but I do drive a Corvette. By the way, thanks for the Vette, Truck, and Car....by the way didn't Marks parents get busted for drugs also...LOL
friends since 16

Waxahachie, TX

#9 Aug 30, 2013
this is crazyness... 45 yrs is just a revenge... ive known mark since we was 16... i personally dont think he deserved this.. and y would you bring his parents into this... smh... EVERYBODY mark sold to is just buying from a diff supplier... mark made mistaakes just like all the PERFECT ppl in hunt county are still.. i told him so many times to leave hunt co that he was goin to get wrapped up... u can say what u want but nobodys perfect!!!
sister sherrod

United States

#10 Nov 29, 2013
I hope you rot in hell!!
[QUOTE Sherrodwho="THE STREET CLEANER"]Hahaha! Maybe you drug dealers ought to check out your competition as you dumb dope doers are turning on each other. That's why they call it DOPE! And I don't know no Wilson, but I do drive a Corvette. By the way, thanks for the Vette, Truck, and Car....by the way didn't Marks parents get busted for drugs also...LOL[/QUOTE]
where is Mark S

Forney, TX

#11 Apr 2, 2014
I just read where Mark is in temp release which means he is facing more charges or has gotten hurt.

Any updates
Question

Sperry, OK

#12 Jul 9, 2014
Hey Sister Sherrod, When they did the search warrant on county road 2280, where did the money and the other three ounces go that was confiscated from the house that didn't get put into evidence ?
Shelby late

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Jun 27, 2015
Mark is one of my best friends. I love him and he is missed dearly. Until u do time behind bars and see the family hurt over there losses you don't deserve a spot to comment here
Matt H

Forney, TX

#15 Aug 27, 2015
Mark Sherrod was not only guilty of these crimes but a lot more - his wife is on here acting innocent while she sat there and let not only her own kids but others hangout in this house knowing he was dealing every type of dope and involved in even more.

I wonder how much of our stuff he has now after trading his dope to thieves to get high - the entire family is garbage point blank - no other way to look at it

You guys keep acting like he only got 45 years for these crimes - hell the guy has been doing this shit his entire life and been busted multiple times. Trust me; the world is a better place with him locked up and hopefully he is never free again - doesn't really matter how

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RCHS Girls BB Gone Bad? (Jan '14) Aug 16 Dallas sports 9
sad town no Xmas decorations Aug 16 queen bee 3
soda pop bear (Mar '13) Aug 16 queen bee 15
Quinlan Church of CHRIST Aug 16 Heath 72 1
Charlie's Hamburgers (May '14) Aug 6 T2RC 10
Charlie's Aug 2 T2RC 1
Royse City Mayor Jim Mellody Resigns (Sep '08) Jul 29 abc 89

Quinlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance