soda pop bear
mommu

United States

#1 Mar 20, 2013
does anyone remember the bear on hwy. 34 at the old store. he loved drinking soda. looking for pics if u have any
Lon

Rockwall, TX

#2 Mar 27, 2013
I remember that back in the late seventies. Where was the store exactly?
Alex Stodghill

Cleveland, OH

#3 Apr 9, 2013
mommu wrote:
does anyone remember the bear on hwy. 34 at the old store. he loved drinking soda. looking for pics if u have any
Hi - I for some reason decided to do search on Soda Pop bear to see if anything came up and I saw your post. That was my family's (my grandpa's) bear, I grew up on the ranch, I'm sure I have old pics of her and she is now stuffed at the ranch and I have pictures of her there. It is so wonderful to see that people still remember her, it was my fathers idea to give her soda!
Jeanette

Lewisville, TX

#4 Apr 9, 2013
I remember Soda Pop! We grew up in Terrell ( DOB 1974) and would stop with my grandparents everytime we headed to Greenville. Loved feeding the bear soda. Would love to see pics as well!
Bob

Buffalo Junction, VA

#5 Dec 5, 2013
I remember that bear from the 70s and early 80s, we stoped everytime we went buy to give that bear a soda.
Homesick Texan

Liversedge, UK

#6 Dec 10, 2013
I remember this bear! Used to beg my parents to drive the back way from Houston to Commerce just to get to give him a Big Red! It would surely never be allowed these days for multiple reasons..would love to see pics of Sody Pop!
tammy

Bastrop, LA

#7 Jan 29, 2014
Alex Stodghill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi - I for some reason decided to do search on Soda Pop bear to see if anything came up and I saw your post. That was my family's (my grandpa's) bear, I grew up on the ranch, I'm sure I have old pics of her and she is now stuffed at the ranch and I have pictures of her there. It is so wonderful to see that people still remember her, it was my fathers idea to give her soda!
Have you found any pictures yet? I would love to see them. I remember that bear :)
Sharon Thomas

United States

#10 May 2, 2014
I remember Soda Pop too! My husband took me to see her in the 70s. Many years later I took my grandson. We would love to see some of your pictures! Thanks !

Since: Jul 14

Dallas, TX

#11 Jul 26, 2014
I was just sitting here with my fiance who is from Michigan, talkingabout this really cool bear i used to see once a month when i was little! My dad was a respiratory therapist that had patients he would see near where Soda Pop was. I loved that bear! I always bought him a Welch's Grape Soda. I would LOVE to see some picturesof her. Such a fond cchildhood memory of mine.(:
saunja brockay

Garland, TX

#13 Apr 14, 2015
Dad would take us kids. We gave the bear a R.C. every time.
Can you believe how much grief someone would get now, if they had a Coke drinking bear?
Life was so easy back then.
Paul stodghill

United States

#14 May 17, 2015
Grew up with the bear. She was alot of fun. Use to have to clean cage out and it was funny how many people wanted to get in the cage with her.
Shirley L Holtvoigt

Fishers, IN

#15 Aug 13, 2015
I am posting these pictures of Soda pop the Bear that used to be at the Stodghill Ranch the A.R.F. the old grocery store.
Facebook Shirley L Holtvoigt
to see the pictures and the story .
Shirley L Holtvoigt

Fishers, IN

#16 Aug 13, 2015
mommu wrote:
My name is Shirley Holtvoigt , my maiden name is Stodghill . That was my Grandfathers bear and you can see pictures and her story on my facebook page.
Rhonda Dull

Greenville, TX

#17 Aug 27, 2015
Shirley L Holtvoigt wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is Shirley Holtvoigt , my maiden name is Stodghill . That was my Grandfathers bear and you can see pictures and her story on my facebook page.
Can not find your facebook page. Would love to see pics of soda pop. Was telling my son about her and he doesn't believe me.
queen bee

United States

#18 Aug 16, 2016
Lon wrote:
I remember that back in the late seventies. Where was the store exactly?
On facebook

Floreen Jillian Nelson Barnes has his pic on her page .
AJD

Carrollton, TX

#19 Sep 22, 2016
Alex Stodghill wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember driving by there and seeing the bear, everytime I drive by with my daughters I tell them there used to be a bear there. I remember my grandmother telling me that the bear used to go out to eat with them and to the store. was that true? also did the bear drown too? this is so cool that everyone remembers and loves this bear!
Miceheal

United States

#20 Nov 24, 2016
Hello everyone. ...so my sister and I used to be there all the time. See our grandmother Billie Barlow used to work for Mr. Snow. Mr. Snow himself was such a sweet man. He never minded us being there with our Nan Name while she worked. So we were there a lot and got to help take care of Soda Pop....and we always had an amazing time. I wish I had pics to share....
Soda Pop Bear

United States

#21 Oct 26, 2017
mommu wrote:
I sure do remember the bear. He mailed me in 1969 when I tried to feed him. I was 4 years old. I almost lost my arm and had to change from left to right handed. There are still scars all over my left elbow and upper arm.
Soda Pop Bear

United States

#22 Oct 26, 2017
Jeanette wrote:
I remember Soda Pop! We grew up in Terrell ( DOB 1974) and would stop with my grandparents everytime we headed to Greenville. Loved feeding the bear soda. Would love to see pics as well!
I sure do remember the bear. He mauled me in 1969 when I tried to feed him. I was 4 years old. I almost lost my arm and had to change from left to right handed due to the damage. There are still scars all over my left elbow and upper arm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Erin Caffey and Charlie Wilkinson (Jul '09) Sun Helen 54
Poll Is the town of Royse City a complete failure??? (Feb '11) Nov 28 Disgusted 78
My friend Bill Conradt (Nov '06) Nov 25 Cyager88 25
News Man Behind Alcohol Petition Says Area Will... (Jun '09) Oct '17 Anonymous 8
Taco Bell Shooting Oct '17 bakkyard 1
Jaguarundi sighting in Hunt County (Sep '09) Oct '17 kevinkirk51 4
Bearpen Creek Subdivision? (Apr '10) Oct '17 Will 12

Quinlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quinlan Mortgages