History/Founding of: GLENRAY Manufact...

History/Founding of: GLENRAY Manufacturing Co. of Quincy,Mich.

Posted in the Quincy Forum

Gerry Ream

East Lansing, MI

#1 Feb 18, 2007
Does anyone in Quincy have ties to this company? They manufactured hotdog machines in the 40;s or 50;s. Please advise regarding founding, owner(s) and if you would like to visit with me about the company or past connections with same, I've got time for coffee. Sincerely, GERRY REAM(nephew)
Gerry Ream

East Lansing, MI

#2 Feb 21, 2007
Does anyone in Quincy remember a Gerry or Ken Ream? Three or four years ago a lady on the main east/west street in Quincy(antique shop) showed me the building where my uncle, supposedly, built hot dog cookers wheh I was just a little fella(40's to 50's). He was Gerry Ream and died quite young so I never really got to know him or his wife Marge. Please email with any relevant info.chavezruby4998@sbcglobal. net Thanks, Gerry Ream
Phil Sattler

United States

#3 Apr 18, 2007
Gerry Ream wrote:
Does anyone in Quincy remember a Gerry or Ken Ream? Three or four years ago a lady on the main east/west street in Quincy(antique shop) showed me the building where my uncle, supposedly, built hot dog cookers wheh I was just a little fella(40's to 50's). He was Gerry Ream and died quite young so I never really got to know him or his wife Marge. Please email with any relevant info.chavezruby4998@sbcglobal. net Thanks, Gerry Ream
Yes I knew Gerry. I also Kenney and his wife, Hellen. One of my classmates was general Mgr. of Glenray for the last 20 years that they were in Quincy. A company in Cleveland bought them out and they kept operating in Quincy for a few years. Then they thought they could make them cheaper in Cleveland. They never made a machine that they could sell. A good friend of mine, Gordon Adams, done the design work and held the patents on the machine. There is a machine right now for sale on E-bay.
I have lived here for the last 71 years.
Phil Sattler pws.2@juno.com
Gerry Ream

United States

#4 May 7, 2007
Thank you very much for your response to my inquiry about my Uncle Gerry and I am also glad to hear you knew Kenny and Helen. I live in Lansing on my folks old homestead with my wife and hundreds of wild critters in our yard. I'm a little younger than you Phil(63) but spend a lot of time in the outdoors observing Mother Natures offerings and reminiscing about my ancestors. That's why I came up with my uncles names one day just wishing I had more time to get to know them. My dad Bill, Gery & Kenny's brother would be 108 years old if he was still alive. When the "boys" used to come and visit there was always a lot of laughter and quite a bit of imbibing. Well Phil, Got to go out and see if my wild Redtail Hawk is waiting for me to feed her. Thanks again Phil and I'll try to keep in touch. Gerry Ream And Diana(chavezruby4998@yahoo.com )
bob tessier

Calgary, Canada

#5 Jan 14, 2012
can any one tell me the name of the company that bought them out,and the date .
jeff

Lakewood, OH

#6 Mar 25, 2012
bob tessier wrote:
can any one tell me the name of the company that bought them out,and the date .
Tomlinson industries purchased Glenray in the mid 90's.
Ricky Sea

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2015
Could someone tell me the years the Glenray Model 56 hot dog machines were made and how much they originally cost? I have 2 of them, and they work great! Thanks!
Mike

Stockbridge, GA

#10 Jun 2, 2015
The Glenray Model 56 Hot Dog Cooker was manufactured by Greer Enterprises in the 1970's, 80's & 90's & were bought out by Tomlinson Industries in the mid 90's. They originally sold for around $225.00 in the 70's & got up to around $400.00 in the 90's. One with all working parts & in clean condition is worth around $300.00 today. Hope that helps.
Rick every

Orlando, FL

#11 Nov 2, 2015
Gerry Ream wrote:
Does anyone in Quincy have ties to this company? They manufactured hotdog machines in the 40;s or 50;s. Please advise regarding founding, owner(s) and if you would like to visit with me about the company or past connections with same, I've got time for coffee. Sincerely, GERRY REAM(nephew)
I am the grandson of Ray Larkin. His daughter Helen is my mom he is still living at 98

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quincy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue angels mc 3 hr Marty 2
Ross upston 3 hr Big willy 2
Can anyone tell me any information on Shannon B... (Jan '17) 3 hr Big willy 7
News Michigan High School Football - Quincy trounced... (Mar '08) 23 hr Homey in homer 10
News Bone Chilling Cold Adds To Winter Miseries (Feb '15) 23 hr Guest 5
Clemens food how much do they pay? Thu Guest 2
News Tekonsha schools in lockdown (Jan '10) Feb 10 Ross 8

Quincy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quincy Mortgages