Ex-city cop found dead

Full story: Lebanon Daily News

A former Lebanon police officer was found dead in Coleman Memorial Park Wednesday afternoon, the victim of an apparent suicide.
Comments
41 - 60 of 636 Comments Last updated Oct 27, 2013
wth

Hershey, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Feb 10, 2011
 
I did not know you. My prayers go out to your family and friends during this difficult time. Rest In Peace Officer MacNicholas.
kathy

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Feb 10, 2011
 
surprise wrote:
I don't know for a fact but I heard years ago mac was all kinds of dirty. Now he leaves the force in nov. And blew his brains out a few months later. Sounds like somebody may have gotten caught doin something he wasn't supposed to and rather than face the facts he took the easy way out. Just thinkin
omg you have a lot of nerve to make statements like that and say its based on "i dont know for a fact". get your facts straight. obviously you did not know officer mac.
chris

Denver, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Feb 10, 2011
 
Rest In Peace Mac
Saddened

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Feb 10, 2011
 
This was an officer with a kind heart who extended compassion while still doing his job to protect and serve. Many fortuante people were touched by his compassion and saved by his actions. May he Rest in Peace.
Tina

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Feb 10, 2011
 
surprise wrote:
I don't know for a fact but I heard years ago mac was all kinds of dirty. Now he leaves the force in nov. And blew his brains out a few months later. Sounds like somebody may have gotten caught doin something he wasn't supposed to and rather than face the facts he took the easy way out. Just thinkin
Write your name so I can smack the stupid outta you!
Former cop buddy

Hummelstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Feb 10, 2011
 
RIP Mac. May you find peace now. We'll keep watch while you're gone friend.
RavenHD80

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Feb 10, 2011
 
R.I.P Officer Mac! You were not only a good cop, but also a good person! And this is coming from a person who didn't like cops much! He was just a man, not someone who hid behind his badge, like other cops! You were missed after resigning, but now even more! He is now with the Guardian of Guardians.
Rest in Peace.....
MM
BB
william hoffman 3

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Feb 10, 2011
 
Me and my 2 girls are going to miss bowling that we did together. I will and am going to miss you deeply.
Here

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Feb 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

HAHAHA PIG! Dead pig.:)
mimi

Washington Boro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Feb 10, 2011
 
to annoymous from u.s. how dare you say those terrible things about a person who commits suicide and then turn around and say you don't mean to be disrespectful. how ignorant. my brother committed suicide 7 years ago. you don't know the mental anguish he went through the last ten years of his life, before he took he only way out he knew of to find peace. to think of all of the suicide victims that are alone at the time of their deaths, to think, they think their is no other way out to solve their problems or rid themselves of their demons, must be horendous for them, may this patrolman, mac, my brother and anyone else who took their own life, rip.6187
RavenHD80

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Feb 10, 2011
 
You are an ass Mr. "Here" Looks like you are the only pig around here! If you knew him, you wouldn't be saying that. I'm not a big cop person myself, I had my bouts in the past, but I knew Mac, he was more than a cop, he was a human being in and out of uniform! Takes real balls typing words to show how much of a man you are!
judy

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Feb 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Sarah wrote:
Thank you in behalf of Officer MacNicholas son and the MacNicholas fa
mily
Sarah we are all grieving , but please do not speak on behalf of the MacNicholas family you of all paople have no right. Futhermore Tom had NO children so please do not add to our loss with your lies.If any comments are to be made on behalf of his family, his mother will be making them. Please show her that respect.
on the inside

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Feb 10, 2011
 
Sarah wrote:
If you have nothing nice to say then keep your F** mouth shut. My ex was never a dirty cop only that he worked for a backstabbing department.
I am so terribly sorry for your loss, and the fact that people have no respect or morals not only for Tom but the family he left behind. I am also saddened that the actions of a department that was supposed to be family, his brothers and sisters, are the ones who cared so little to drive him to this point. Backstabbing doesn't even begin to describe them. May God protect and comfort you in your time of grief!
Annville resident

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Feb 10, 2011
 
Here wrote:
HAHAHA PIG! Dead pig.:)
You are an ignorant piece of sh@t! Mac was a great guy, not just a cop but a friend to everyone who knew him. RIP Mac, you will never be forgotten
on the inside

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Feb 10, 2011
 
To Judy and the MacNicholas Family:
I am so terribly sorry for your loss, and the fact that people have no respect or morals not only for Tom but the family he left behind. I am also saddened that the actions of a department that was supposed to be family, his brothers and sisters, are the ones who cared so little to drive him to this point. Backstabbing doesn't even begin to describe them. However, at this time I would just like to say, May God protect and comfort you in your time of grief!
DLW

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Feb 10, 2011
 
So sorry to hear of this officer's death. Even sorrier that he was in such a dark place that he felt he had no other options. My heart goes out to his family, friends and former co-workers on the Lebanon police force and beyond.
Tina

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Feb 10, 2011
 
Here wrote:
HAHAHA PIG! Dead pig.:)
Your a loser!
kathy

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Feb 10, 2011
 
Here wrote:
HAHAHA PIG! Dead pig.:)
you are really a terrible person to find such humor in this tragedy. grow up and keep your stupidity to yourself!
mommyof3

Annville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Feb 10, 2011
 
Anonymous wrote:
How sad and tragic. I didn't know him, but had heard lots of good things about him in the past.
I don't mean this to sound disrespectful, but suicide is a selfish, cowardly way to deal with one's problems.
Ya know what, until you have lived in ones shoes of DEPRESSION to this extent... SHUT YOUR FACE!!!!!!! Hopefully you will NEVER EVER have to deal with a situation like this one!! IDIOT, nobody knows what he was feeling so to call him a coward is WRONG, apparently he wasn't a coward if he was a police officer -- did you lock you up at one time or what???
Sheree

Tower City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Feb 10, 2011
 
Hey judy thanks for saying that to that person...i read that over and over kept thinking to my self now i know darn well he didnt have child unless there was something mom was hiding from me. And for all you people who like to make rude and nasty comments bite your toungue if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Quentin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr D Cheney 51,278
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr A Muslims Useful... 3,899
Tire company employees accused of spying via e-... (Feb '11) Aug 19 the real wine-o 62
Syria militants leave Lebanese border town Aug 7 Rainbow Kid 6
Keystone addressing per-capita complaints (Jun '10) Aug 6 Jack Dupp 10
Police seek two burglary suspects (Oct '10) Aug 1 Kirko Bangz 3
Lebanon County judge nixes plea deal (Nov '09) Jul 29 mom 62

Search the Quentin Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Quentin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Quentin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Quentin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Quentin
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••