Readers speak out on promoting Smart ...

Readers speak out on promoting Smart Growth

There are 3 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 15, 2008, titled Readers speak out on promoting Smart Growth. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

With our economy in such terrible shape, we must stop spreading houses over cornfields in patterns that maximize public service costs while also maximizing the pollution of the Chesapeake Bay .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Joe

Baltimore, MD

#1 Dec 15, 2008
Renovate the cesspool that is Baltimore City. Revitalize the former population centers instead of sprawling and destroying nature.
Dunn

Baltimore, MD

#2 Dec 15, 2008
My experience is that most of the Sun's readers are suburban.

"New-Urbanisim" clearly points the way, but most only want their isolation.
Dunn

Baltimore, MD

#3 Dec 15, 2008
Let's figure this out. The Sun is behind O'Malley and Dixon no matter what cost. While it could show the obvious flaws in their environmental policy it doesn't. The paper is not locally owned and only has financial interest in the area. Meaning they don't care about Maryland! They have no idea how the Bay is being effected, sprawl is out of control, or do they care. Even though they are claiming are Bankrupt, they refuse to sell off profitable media, like the Sun, to willing and able buyers.

BRING THE SUN BACK HOME! Make it Great Again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Queenstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe and buster (Nov '15) Nov '15 LaVerne 2
Joe and buster (Nov '15) Nov '15 LaVerne 1
News Homeless Shelter Coming to Kent Island Has Some... (Jul '15) Jul '15 john 1
Review: Rousseau Home Improvements (Jun '15) Jun '15 Memaw 1
News Rams Head president 'embarrassed and humiliated... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Brad 1
Review: Chesapeake Veterinary (Jan '15) Jan '15 teresaboato1 1
Debate: Marijuana - Queenstown, MD (Aug '10) Aug '14 key 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Queenstown Mortgages