Bloody weekend: 24 shot in 24 hours a...

Bloody weekend: 24 shot in 24 hours ahead of Labor Day holiday

There are 115 comments on the NY Daily News story from Sep 5, 2011, titled Bloody weekend: 24 shot in 24 hours ahead of Labor Day holiday. In it, NY Daily News reports that:

Shaquan Walters, 11, who was shot in the leg when a shooter opened fire Sunday morning at a BBQ Partyand where 8 others were shot, was the weekend's youngest victim.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NY Daily News.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Otis B Driftwood

Edison, NJ

#1 Sep 5, 2011
Let me guess how many were black or "people of color"? I'll bet the farm that it was all.

“Obama: Leading us to failure”

Since: Jul 09

The United States of America

#2 Sep 5, 2011
Another Shooting at a 2 am Ghetto Birthday celebration filled with 12 years olds.

The only good thing is it thins the herd of future criminals.
Tony

South Salem, NY

#3 Sep 5, 2011
If they want too keep it real & shoot each other every night in the ghetto, that's fine. As long as they don't harm productive members of society, who cares?
unknown

Patchogue, NY

#4 Sep 5, 2011
Every last comment that i just read was just inappropriate and racist. Murders happen everyday and everywhere. Killers are of all races and just because people are killed in Queens, Brooklyn or the Bronx it does not make it the ghetto.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 Sep 5, 2011
Tony wrote:
If they want too keep it real & shoot each other every night in the ghetto, that's fine. As long as they don't harm productive members of society, who cares?
Too bad you're not part of that productive society, you inbred mule.
Tony

South Salem, NY

#6 Sep 5, 2011
unknown wrote:
Every last comment that i just read was just inappropriate and racist. Murders happen everyday and everywhere. Killers are of all races and just because people are killed in Queens, Brooklyn or the Bronx it does not make it the ghetto.
Correct, the fact that the shootings were in Queens, Brooklyn, & the Bronx does not make it the ghetto.

The fact that kids under the age of 12 are out at parties and shooting each other at 4 AM is what makes it the ghetto.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 5, 2011
Otis B Driftwood wrote:
Let me guess how many were black or "people of color"? I'll bet the farm that it was all.
I'll bet the farm you're an inbred and your parents are siblings.
Tony

South Salem, NY

#8 Sep 5, 2011
BeltrumVI wrote:
<quoted text>
Why all the hostility?

Location hidden

#9 Sep 5, 2011
Capt America wrote:
Another Shooting at a 2 am Ghetto Birthday celebration filled with 12 years olds.
The only good thing is it thins the herd of future criminals.
Capt. America, it's really odd that when a story like this breaks out, you're all over the forums with your racist jokes. However, when it's the whites that commit the crimes, you're quiet as a mouse and run back to your sewer hole with the rest of your sewer rat frinds, waiting it out till the next racist wave.

Location hidden

#10 Sep 5, 2011
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Why all the hostility?
Nah, no hostility here, just bringing out a little of your family background....LOL!
Tony

South Salem, NY

#11 Sep 5, 2011
BeltrumVI wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, no hostility here, just bringing out a little of your family background....LOL!
How is that funny? You know nothing about me. Your lame insults are neither clever nor creative. I doubt that anyone else is laughing at your attempt at humor.
causes

New York, NY

#12 Sep 5, 2011
BeltrumVI wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny when child molesters like yourself wax indignant.
causes

New York, NY

#13 Sep 5, 2011
BeltrumVI wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing your momma turned and looked down after wiping and before flushing or you would have never seen your 1st birthday.
causes

New York, NY

#14 Sep 5, 2011
BeltrumVI wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet the farm you're an inbred and your parents are siblings.
More single-wide mentality from a double-wide ass. Go brush your tooth!
Urban renewal

Englishtown, NJ

#15 Sep 5, 2011
unknown wrote:
Who was shooting who? Give us the stats.

"Murders happen every day and everywhere." No they don't! Chappaqua? Martha's Vineyard? What are your chances of being shot dead by an Amish farmer?
Truth Hurts

Bellmore, NY

#16 Sep 5, 2011
unknown wrote:
What a STUPID statement. What you need is some TRUTH in your life. YOU are the problem, you don't want to discuss the real issue at hand, you want to ignore it and throw it back and say that "all races... "blah, blah, blah... Well here is a clue, this was not ALL races, this was ONE race and we had 46 PEOPLE shot in 48 hours here in New York and we dolts like you trying to pull the cover over peoples eyes with your Politically Correct NONSENSE!

Will anyone come out and speak out all of this black on black crime? Will Rev. Al? The Mayor? Any of the City Council? Why can't we discuss the real issue? Why does everyone feel the need to tap dance around it? We have had 30 years of the PC police telling people what they can and cant' talk about and where has it gotten us? NOWHERE!!! Same problems, only magnified.

Location hidden

#17 Sep 5, 2011
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that funny? You know nothing about me. Your lame insults are neither clever nor creative. I doubt that anyone else is laughing at your attempt at humor.
YOU SAID: "If they want too keep it real & shoot each other every night in the ghetto, that's fine. As long as they don't harm productive members of society, who cares?"

You think you're not insulting people by saying this? You want people not to judge you, but meanwhile You're insinuating that people in the ghetto shoot each other every night, which is NOT true. You can dish it out but can't take it. Stop calling the kettle black.

And, yes, I find my comment funny.

Location hidden

#18 Sep 5, 2011
causes wrote:
<quoted text>More single-wide mentality from a double-wide ass. Go brush your tooth!
Thank you for describing your mama to a tee. Now go tell your toothless sister you can't marry her because it's illegal.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 5, 2011
causes wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing your momma turned and looked down after wiping and before flushing or you would have never seen your 1st birthday.
Now you need to step away from that mirror and stop putting yourself down like that. I can't imagine how it feels to have parents as siblings, but that's not your fault - so rest easy little one.
Just Saying

Rye, NY

#20 Sep 5, 2011
A cop was also shot in Brooklyn late tonight, so this weekend's toll will go higher.

Funny how no one was shot in Bayside, Forest Hills, Bay Ridge, Whitestone, Little Neck, Brooklyn Heights, Throgs Neck, the Upper East Side, or in most of Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Queens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Attempts to Fight Street Homelessness ... 4 hr Ice Man 1
News Pride parade steps off in New York in Orlando's... Mon friend of fact ch... 10
Associated Food Store on Tulip Ave. (Jan '15) Sun RoseS 7
anyone who wants revenge for 9/11 Jun 25 roman 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Jun 24 Prettysmile 25
News State Dept. looking into investigation of Manha... Jun 24 monsters upstate 3
News N.Y. legislature fails to reach deal for Child ... Jun 18 politics as usual 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Queens Mortgages