Anyone have FACTS about Story the Mov...

Anyone have FACTS about Story the Movie "Death of a Ghost Hunter" is based on?

Posted in the Queen Creek Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Just Curious

Indian Trail, NC

#1 May 20, 2009
The Movie "Death of a Ghost Hunter" states that a ghost hunter named Carter Simms was hired to investigate a home in Queen Creek, AZ. that is claimed to be haunted by its previous occupants - Mr. Joseph Masterson, His wife, their two year old daughter and a teen that was living at the home. It has been claimed that the entire family as well as the guest were all murdered in 1985 and that this Ghost Hunter and three other people were also murdered in 2002 while they were investigating claims that the house was haunted.

Does anyone have any facts to substantiate the claims in the movie? It is possible that names were changed perhaps??? Any information would be greatly appreciated. please send any info to I_Believe at Roadrunner dot com. Thank you
Lyle

United States

#2 Jul 19, 2009
I have lived in Queen Creek AZ from 1964. The murder is true but taken out of context, there was a team that went in and they all had come out alive so the movie is kind of based on a "real story".
jordanpage

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 28, 2009
Lyle wrote:
I have lived in Queen Creek AZ from 1964. The murder is true but taken out of context, there was a team that went in and they all had come out alive so the movie is kind of based on a "real story".
Are the names of the victims the same?
jordanpage

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 28, 2009
Are the names of the victims in Death of a Ghost Hunter the same?
Karen Dawson

Springdale, AR

#5 Aug 2, 2009
Was the religious fanatic real? Supposedly she was the baby left in the tub to be "baptized" by the murdering mother of the Masterson family. She was found by the cop Mortenson and adopted by him apparently. Was she real?
Dann

Seattle, WA

#6 Oct 5, 2009
Lyle wrote:
i want to know if you can tell me anything more about the real murders... i am kind of a crime buff.
e mail me at crazysoldierguy@hotmail dot com
Vincent

Badalona, Spain

#7 Oct 10, 2009
I've seen the movie, and I wonder if the house exists today and if people live there.
Vincent

Badalona, Spain

#8 Oct 10, 2009
forgive me I forgot to thank..
Francis

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 May 25, 2010
I saw the movie a year ago. Me and my cousin tried looking up the address but they changed it and w couldn't see what it was. Does anyone know if the house is still around? And where is the location?
christian mom

Leonardtown, MD

#10 Jun 22, 2010
Just Curious wrote:
The Movie "Death of a Ghost Hunter" states that a ghost hunter named Carter Simms was hired to investigate a home in Queen Creek, AZ. that is claimed to be haunted by its previous occupants - Mr. Joseph Masterson, His wife, their two year old daughter and a teen that was living at the home. It has been claimed that the entire family as well as the guest were all murdered in 1985 and that this Ghost Hunter and three other people were also murdered in 2002 while they were investigating claims that the house was haunted.
Does anyone have any facts to substantiate the claims in the movie? It is possible that names were changed perhaps??? Any information would be greatly appreciated. please send any info to I_Believe at Roadrunner dot com. Thank you
I haven't heard about this movie or the real-life situation before. Maybe the family was murdered by danites. The danites like to kill people who don't like mormons. They murdered the entire Avery family of Kirtland, Ohio.
Bryce

Pickett, WI

#11 Jul 20, 2010
I have proof saying this rly happend! what happend rly is a disaster. if u guys rly want to know email me at [email protected]
Krystal

Prescott, AZ

#12 Jul 29, 2010
Has anyone found out any info?
Rachel

Hazleton, PA

#13 Aug 1, 2010
Bryce wrote:
I have proof saying this rly happend! what happend rly is a disaster. if u guys rly want to know email me at [email protected]
Whats your proof?
Rachel

Hazleton, PA

#14 Aug 1, 2010
What is the proof I have been searching around and haven't really found anything indicating that this is factual?
catherine

Nanticoke, PA

#15 Sep 6, 2010
Krystal wrote:
Has anyone found out any info?
i have seen ghosts in my life would ike to know your prof please email me at jerseygirl171 yahoo thanks im watching the movie now....
GhostBuff

Tracy, CA

#16 Sep 20, 2010
The movie is fake. It is supposedly based on a murder in queen creek, arizona. The closest "big" murders were the domestic violence case in 1999 that led to the creation of that county (Maricopa) Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG) Regional Domestic Violence Council and the murders that happened recently during the time of this film's release (1997). There were lots of violence and some murders during 2006-2007 (one of the more famous one is the one of a kid getting shot at his own surprise party). People also complained about the housing price due to the rough neighborhood.

I'm not saying ghosts exist or don't exist... I too have had my share of experiences (as well as video footage of real exorcisms) but none have I seen or heard of a person unrelated getting killed by the ghost/spirit (relatives and friends are a different story as they tend to have a greater bond that connects them with the sprits - so I've been told).
GhostBuff

Tracy, CA

#17 Sep 20, 2010
I meant to say 2007 for the film's release not 1997. Slip of finger.
Interested

Frisco, TX

#18 Oct 10, 2010
Here is a site discussing the topic.
http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index.ph...

A post by "Dutch" claims that this is the actual house
http://www.trulia.com/property/3014219276-234...

I dont think the whole movie is true but I'm sure its probably based on some murders in a house in this city that is said to be haunted.
Haybooboo

Forked River, NJ

#19 Oct 29, 2010
The movie is fake and there were actors not real people unlike blairwitch tried to say they were the real people, The Masterson house movie said upfront these were actors. I wanted to see if it was base on a real case as was stated in the movie but alass all info points to just a really cool movie.
storm arc

Afton, IA

#20 Feb 16, 2011
a friend of my daughter has a friend who lives 13 miles from the actual house in Az. so yes the house is still there..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Queen Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seeking 9-10 year olds to play Football (Sep '07) 11 hr jayveon 35
Review: J.Ford and Sons Roofing (Oct '12) Tue larry 2
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) Aug 31 Hephzibah 2,341
Dana gypsy waltz Aug 31 Rolled up weewee 2
easy amazon and paypal money Aug 29 rbcrews1984 1
News Shooting on Galveston Street, Chandler, Az (May '10) Aug 29 wow 55
moving to queen creek (Mar '10) Aug 24 laniepandora 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Queen Creek Mortgages