Man kills children and himself in Ami...

Man kills children and himself in Amish school

There are 71 comments on the Philadelphia Inquirer story from Oct 2, 2006, titled Man kills children and himself in Amish school. In it, Philadelphia Inquirer reports that:

A 32-year-old man stormed a one-room Amish school this morning, bound female students, shot three dead execution-style, and wounded seven others before turning the gun on himself, state police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philadelphia Inquirer.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Burnsville, MN

#61 Oct 7, 2006

West Hartford, CT

#62 Oct 9, 2006
totally horrible

Philadelphia, PA

#63 Oct 9, 2006
Now today I read where a 13 year old moron, dressed in goth, a black trenchcoat, fired off an AK-47 in "its" school. When I was a kid this stuff was nonexistent. Either the press did not report it or otherwise. Even on my street here, now, I was advised when I moved in, "watch out, everybody has a gun here". What a bunch of fu##in morons have taken hold in this country.

United States

#64 Oct 9, 2006
Annie fron Oregon wrote:
Hi All!
This story truely sickened me. Many people seem to factor in religion (or the lack of) as some reasoning for what happened. I am not religious at all, and I would never consider even the smallest act of violence against a person. The man who murdered these children was a christian and came from the same backround. I want to know more about this man. Could he have molested his own children? His wife held a lot of praise for him. There had to be some anger and rage in his backround. Remember folks, he did not "SNAP" he planned this rampage. Also, could he have somehow related to the man who took girls hostage in a Colorado school? There are so many questions. This man ended his life as a selfish murderous man.
You certainly have an amusing idea of what a Christian is. You said you aren't religious, so I hope this will clear up your confusion. I don't believe this man was a Christian in any sense of the word. A Christian is one who has repented of their sins and accepted Christ as Savior and Lord. The Bible is very clear on that. "You must be born again," are not just idle words our Lord preached. Christians don't go around killing little children. We live our lives dedicated to serving God. Don't even put this sick man in the same category as a true Christian. We will all face judgment someday. Some will face eternity in heaven with Christ and others will face eternal damnation in the lake of fire. I feel sorry for the man who killed the children. More than that, I feel sorry for his family and the terrible pain they must feel. Yes he needs to be forgiven. That doesn't condone what he did. It was a horrible act of selfishness and hate and he will pay for it when he comes face to face with a righteous God. I also send my sincerest love, prayers and respect to the families of those who were killed. I lost a grown son and I have some idea of what they're going through.

Philadelphia, PA

#65 Oct 9, 2006
One thing I do remember form school. They always said, "watch out for the quiet ones", that say nothing or never complain about anything. You never know what they may be thinking because they are so "quiet". Watch out for the quiet ones. This moron mainiac was one of the quiet ones we were told to look out for. This moron never complained when he had to change a diaper. A normal man would have complained and started an argument, probably. Which would you rather have in your house, a "quiet one" or somebody that at least talked?
All American Girl

Pine Grove, CA

#66 Oct 9, 2006
Just An Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Greed has infected our country, not Liberals, pure greed. You need to remember that when the price of gas goes up again after the November elections. The Republicans will see to that!
Just an Observer.....wrong forum...not about politics, about murder and pathetic human beings. Where is your heart?
Ciara Bryan

Coopersburg, PA

#67 Feb 11, 2007
This is a very sad story, I just don't get why he had to kill the girls. What did they do to him!
Ciara Bryan

Coopersburg, PA

#68 Feb 11, 2007
mary wrote:
Your Totally right!

“Shallow introspection”

Since: Jan 07

Montesano, WA

#69 Feb 11, 2007
Ciara Bryan wrote:
This is a very sad story, I just don't get why he had to kill the girls. What did they do to him!
Its a hard lesson of life that few ever appreciate. Welcome to hell.
Bart Resident

United States

#70 Feb 15, 2007
Yes, the area I live in (Bart, PA) is usually a quiet, safe neighborhood. It's a shame that Mr. Robert's had to taint the overall view of our small town with this horrible crime. It didn't really hit me until I realized that he walked his kids to the bus stop that morning, as he did every morning, and watched as his children boarded the same school bus that mine had gotten on only minutes before. I can't believe not only what he did to those innocent young girls that day, but how does a father commit such a crime, then leave behind his own small children to handle all this? He didn't think once what his actions would do to his own children, his wife, or the small community that he lived in. And why those precious girls? These were girls of families that he knew, at least some of them anyway. Everyday that I pass his house, or pass the amish school site, I think of that day. I have lived here all my life and it wasn't until after his actions that the local amish families started to look at all of us with a different look in their eyes. I can't say I blame most of them, I just hope they know that the rest of us were just as affected as they were, and still are. I loved the thought that I lived in an area that no-one knew about. Mr. Robert's has changed that forever. Changed this entire community.

Madison, TN

#71 Jan 24, 2010
this is where i would had my kids,in a small school house.i would have went crazy.this man was crazy already.did he leave a note behind.pray for both families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quarryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lancaster Puppies PA Puppy Mill (Feb '13) Mar 12 Meb 63
jamie Finnefrock trump rant guy (Nov '16) Aug '17 Nik 4
News Quarryville man charged in sexual abuse of teen (Jul '11) Jul '17 would love to know 58
Thinking of moving to Quarryville...!? (Jan '07) May '17 Bikester Grist 13
kyle Finnefrock Yoders Restaurant (Nov '16) Nov '16 ok 1
News Man Guilty of Trespassing _ and Sleeping _ in W... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Jack 2
News Prosecutor: Slain mom, girl were witnesses agai... (Aug '15) Aug '15 About time 1

Quarryville Jobs

Personal Finance

Quarryville Mortgages