Chopper, Dogs Search For Large Animal...

Chopper, Dogs Search For Large Animal Near Quarryville

There are 66 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Oct 10, 2008, titled Chopper, Dogs Search For Large Animal Near Quarryville. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

A large animal attacked and injured a farmer, prompting a search by a state police helicopter and tracking dogs Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Redneck

Easton, MD

#1 Oct 11, 2008
She lives in trailer park...
Mayfair chick

West Chester, PA

#2 Oct 11, 2008
cool

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#3 Oct 11, 2008
ok, let me try and understand this. there was a blood trail, but we didnt get any of the blood to dna test it and find out what this animal is? BUT my f!@#$%@# tax dollars are being wasted to fund a wild-goose chase based on the rantings of an illiterate drunken white trash berks county redneck?!
I'm writing to my senator!

Since: Apr 08

Berks County, PA

#4 Oct 11, 2008
Redneck wrote:
She lives in trailer park...
What are you talking about?????
This is frightening and serious and you're making a joke of it? I hope this animal, whatever it turns out to be, is headed to YOUR house!

Brookhaven PA

#5 Oct 11, 2008
he was probably doing shrooms and his dog jumped on him.
I want his wages garnished if this is a wild goose chase and yes, i read that he is a farmer.. state should take his veggies and sell them to offset my taxes wasted chasing canada geese or dogs or whatever attacked this inbred cretin.
Kenny

Jersey City, NJ

#6 Oct 11, 2008
Eveyone needs to stay indoors until this mountain lion is caught.

Brookhaven PA

#7 Oct 11, 2008
Kenny wrote:
Eveyone needs to stay indoors until this mountain lion is caught.
it was probably my ex-girlfriends mother out hunting prey.
she's the right size and hair-quantity.
Kenny

Jersey City, NJ

#8 Oct 11, 2008
republican_bob wrote:
<quoted text>
it was probably my ex-girlfriends mother out hunting prey.
she's the right size and hair-quantity.
That's funny:)
Linda from Ridley Park

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Oct 11, 2008
republican_bob wrote:
ok, let me try and understand this. there was a blood trail, but we didnt get any of the blood to dna test it and find out what this animal is? BUT my f!@#$%@# tax dollars are being wasted to fund a wild-goose chase based on the rantings of an illiterate drunken white trash berks county redneck?!
Read the article more carefully: "Test results of the blood sample were not immediately available." So yes they did get blood samples. Maybe the ranting charge should be leveled against you. Not to mention that your rantings about an illiterate, etc are totally unfounded.
bfd

Cheltenham, PA

#10 Oct 11, 2008
why did the farmer shoot at it in the first place ? was the cat attacking him before he shot or did he shhot just because he saw it?

Berks County, PA

#11 Oct 11, 2008
republican_bob wrote:
Bob, you didn't do your homework today, Quarryville is in Lancasater County, not Berks. If you read the article carefully there were other reports of a large cat recently there too.....who knows - but why say stuff like this (I know for shock value) if the whole story isn't told yet??

Berks County, PA

#12 Oct 11, 2008
Oops - Lancaster County

Since: Sep 08

East Stroudsburg, PA

#13 Oct 11, 2008
This is kind of frightening to hear, altough it comes as no surprise. I've seen a bobcat, mountain lions have been spotted, black bear, boa constrictors and rattle snakes.

Since: Sep 08

East Stroudsburg, PA

#14 Oct 11, 2008
i'm sorry, not boa constrictors, copperhead snakes.
Rambeaux

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Oct 11, 2008
At least it wasn't a grizz. I've got plenty of grizz and wolves around my cabin up in the mountain. I come across them when I'm out setting my traps.
Dinkydoodle

AOL

#16 Oct 11, 2008
This farmer sounds like he was hitting the hooch a bit too hard that day.
Momma

Norristown, PA

#17 Oct 11, 2008
republican_bob wrote:
That's Chester County. red-neck, white trash, trailer park, Quarryville. Route 10 in all its glory. The builders are attempting to gentrify the area, but you can't take the "trash" of out Quarryville.
dmm

Wilmington, DE

#18 Oct 11, 2008
my 16 yr old daughter saw this Thursday evening at 5:40 just off Highway 1 and 896 - didn't know there had been any sightings - she saw it and then described it too me - she thought I'd think she was crazy - what she described was a mountain lion - not enough coverage on this ?/
dm
dmm

Wilmington, DE

#19 Oct 11, 2008
sorry saw it Friday evening not Thursday
Alec Berg

Plainsboro, NJ

#20 Oct 11, 2008
So what was the animal, like a big emu or something??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quarryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jamie Finnefrock trump rant guy Mar 31 cody 3
Lancaster Puppies PA Puppy Mill (Feb '13) Mar '17 Brixbri4 48
kyle Finnefrock Yoders Restaurant Nov '16 ok 1
News Man Guilty of Trespassing _ and Sleeping _ in W... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Jack 2
News Prosecutor: Slain mom, girl were witnesses agai... (Aug '15) Aug '15 About time 1
News Police: Murder suspect chased second man with k... (Apr '10) Aug '15 Kenny 8
News 'Amish Mafia' finds 'Forbidden Knowledge' on Di... (Mar '15) Mar '15 bill 1

Quarryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quarryville Mortgages