Protesters arrested near Quantico as rally for alleged WikiLeaks source turns tense

Full story: The Washington Post

As many as 30 protesters were arrested near Quantico Marine Corps Base on Sunday while calling for the release of Bradley Manning , the Army private accused of sharing a large cache of classified military intelligence with the Web site WikiLeaks.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 11

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

Perhaps he didnt know he should have went through his chain of command.Just goes to show you people that are not mature enough to drink a beer shouldnt be given weapons and classified secrets.

Since: Jan 11

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

I stand corrected he is 23.
futube

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

wow. i guess this must be all that american "freedom" ive been hearing so much about. launch a protest, end up in jail. sounds "democratic" to me. i guess at least we still have 2 choices, to be either agree with imperialism, or really agree with imperialism.

“God Bless America”

Since: Feb 08

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

futube wrote:
wow. i guess this must be all that american "freedom" ive been hearing so much about. launch a protest, end up in jail. sounds "democratic" to me. i guess at least we still have 2 choices, to be either agree with imperialism, or really agree with imperialism.
When you act rowdy and begin to block the flow of traffic for base personnel, it then becomes more than merely voicing your opinion (Exercising the First Amendment). It's basically the equivalent of screaming "FIRE" in a crowded theater. These knuckleheads want to voice their support for a traitor, that's fine by me, it's their right. But when they block my access to work and begin to crowd in a threatening manner, that's when I begin to take issue with it. Voice your opinion, but let business continue.
Ridiculous

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

Bradley Manning brought the truth to light. This is not treason. Lying to your constituents about what you are doing and why you are doing it, now that is treason.
As far as acting rowdy and stopping business, Congress is more guilty of that than any protest group we have seen in this country. We pay these jack-asses way too much money to have them sit around pointing fingers, calling names, tossing around idiotic accusations and lying to the American public. It doesn't matter what side of politics you stand on. The reality is that both sides are guilty of screwing the citizens of this country. Unless you are in the top 5% economically in this country, our government doesn't give a shit about you.
The government wants to try this man for treason to take the attention away from the real criminals involved, Uncle Sam and his misguided military. I don't blame the military as they only do what they are told to do. The Federal government on the other hand should be forced to take accountability for its lies and deception. Start with the biggest war criminal never to don a uniform.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

futube wrote:
Freedom doesn't mean commit espionage, try to overthrow the country, or try to overthrow a lawful decision. The ones taking up for these traitors who leak stuff certainly have warped ideas about freedom and justice. And our government, as much as it might be our enemy, is not the big enemy. It is the globalists who misuse whatever offices they have to further the globalist agenda at our expense. The ones who decide to flood us with undocumented immigrants, send our jobs overseas, create burdensome laws, deliberately sabotage our economy, etc. The ones doing those things have their loyalties somewhere besides the US.

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

Mark JM wrote:
<quoted text>
When you act rowdy and begin to block the flow of traffic for base personnel, it then becomes more than merely voicing your opinion (Exercising the First Amendment). It's basically the equivalent of screaming "FIRE" in a crowded theater. These knuckleheads want to voice their support for a traitor, that's fine by me, it's their right. But when they block my access to work and begin to crowd in a threatening manner, that's when I begin to take issue with it. Voice your opinion, but let business continue.
A good comparison is the abortion debate. If others want to protest, chant, and show grotesque photos, that is one thing, but when you block access to clinics, trespass, or threaten the guests and employees of the clinics, that is quite a different matter. Regardless of what you are protesting, there is the "buffer zone" concept, and everyone, regardless of position on whatever issue need to respect that.

“God Bless America”

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

Ridiculous wrote:
Bradley Manning brought the truth to light. This is not treason. Lying to your constituents about what you are doing and why you are doing it, now that is treason.
As far as acting rowdy and stopping business, Congress is more guilty of that than any protest group we have seen in this country. We pay these jack-asses way too much money to have them sit around pointing fingers, calling names, tossing around idiotic accusations and lying to the American public. It doesn't matter what side of politics you stand on. The reality is that both sides are guilty of screwing the citizens of this country. Unless you are in the top 5% economically in this country, our government doesn't give a shit about you.
The government wants to try this man for treason to take the attention away from the real criminals involved, Uncle Sam and his misguided military. I don't blame the military as they only do what they are told to do. The Federal government on the other hand should be forced to take accountability for its lies and deception. Start with the biggest war criminal never to don a uniform.
Sorry dude, when you leak classified information out to the public, out to our enemies, it is treason. Manning should only be as fortunate as he is that he's getting more than adequate treatment. There is a valid reason this country keeps classified information. There is a valid reason as to why a stringent process is taken for those to obtain security clearance (i.e. government trust). Manning clearly violated those issues when he decided to leak the very classified info he was chosen to protect. It is treason whether you like it or not.

Now, as for your whole rant about Congress, I agree, both sides are full of shit. But you need to take the tin foil off your head and put down the Kool-Aid. Both sides of the political aisle have been big spending idiots with their own agenda for years.

“God Bless America”

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
A good comparison is the abortion debate. If others want to protest, chant, and show grotesque photos, that is one thing, but when you block access to clinics, trespass, or threaten the guests and employees of the clinics, that is quite a different matter. Regardless of what you are protesting, there is the "buffer zone" concept, and everyone, regardless of position on whatever issue need to respect that.
Agreed, that is a good comparison. Another good example are those idiots with Westboro Baptist Church. Those WBC nuts protesting at military funerals. I'm sure there are plenty of examples out there, but in essence, you and I are on the same page here.

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

Mark JM wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, that is a good comparison. Another good example are those idiots with Westboro Baptist Church. Those WBC nuts protesting at military funerals. I'm sure there are plenty of examples out there, but in essence, you and I are on the same page here.
I agree. If they stayed away from funerals and victims' hospital rooms, and toned down their signs a bit, a lot of people wouldn't have as big a problem with them. By toning down their signs, what if the signs said "God Hates Sodomy" rather than what they put on them? Also, most people lose the "logical" jump from opposing gayness to hating the USA as a whole.

Of course, to be fair, we cannot call them terrorists in the classical sense. They have never used bombs, guns, nor physical violence. They have been on the receiving end of a lot of things like IEDs thrown at their church and homes, physical assaults at rallies, and vehicular vandalism. Of course, I am not saying they didn't ask for a lot of that. However, it makes the counter-protesters look bad when they use violence in response to hate speech.

“God Bless America”

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. If they stayed away from funerals and victims' hospital rooms, and toned down their signs a bit, a lot of people wouldn't have as big a problem with them. By toning down their signs, what if the signs said "God Hates Sodomy" rather than what they put on them? Also, most people lose the "logical" jump from opposing gayness to hating the USA as a whole.
Of course, to be fair, we cannot call them terrorists in the classical sense. They have never used bombs, guns, nor physical violence. They have been on the receiving end of a lot of things like IEDs thrown at their church and homes, physical assaults at rallies, and vehicular vandalism. Of course, I am not saying they didn't ask for a lot of that. However, it makes the counter-protesters look bad when they use violence in response to hate speech.
I've always said the best way to get back at those so-called "christian" nutjobs is to stage massive protests right outside their "church" every Sunday and and drown out their service just like they try to drown out a Military funeral or school day. But it's okay, a number of states are imposing 1000 foot limits regarding protests and now Congress is getting in on the act (their bill looks to pass on a huge bi-partisan measure).

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

Mark JM wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always said the best way to get back at those so-called "christian" nutjobs is to stage massive protests right outside their "church" every Sunday and and drown out their service just like they try to drown out a Military funeral or school day. But it's okay, a number of states are imposing 1000 foot limits regarding protests and now Congress is getting in on the act (their bill looks to pass on a huge bi-partisan measure).
I noticed that the ACLU is using them to advance their agendas. The ACLU opposes religious displays on government property, although according to the Constitution, they have a right to be there - as long as all groups get equal access. I would not put the ACLU ahead of supporting a law and defending it to the extreme to get laws changed. I mean, support what you oppose to its most ludicrous extreme so the public can see it is a bad idea.

Let me illustrate. Fred wants to put up hate monuments in the local park. Well, naturally, there will be resistance, since who wants their local park turned into a gallery of hate?(I mean, besides hate groups.) So the municipality refuses to let them put up their markers celebrating the deaths of well-known homosexuals and declaring they are burning in Hell. Then what does the Phelps family do? Threaten to sue. Then the ACLU has the opportunity to step in. I mean, he only selects public parks which already have or allow religious markers. So this pushes the municipality into a precarious situation. Do they side with Phelps or the ACLU? Do they promote ALL religious expression regardless of how absurd or hateful it is, or do they ban it entirely for everyone? A few have found creative ways to make the former seem acceptable (like plant shrubs or place other monuments right up against the hate markers and jail anyone damaging plants and displays in public parks), but most in that situation have gone with the latter and banned it all entirely.

Similar with the suit against Shirley. She was being sued for harassment, emotional distress, etc. The ACLU got the suit dismissed if I remember right, siding with the Phelps' family's right to free speech. But it seems the overall goal is to make the notion of laws to protect that sort of speech as absurd. So keep defending them in unpopular situations and after a while, the public will demand different and take their concerns to the ballot box.
Ridiculous

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2011

Judged:

Mark JM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dude, when you leak classified information out to the public, out to our enemies, it is treason. Manning should only be as fortunate as he is that he's getting more than adequate treatment. There is a valid reason this country keeps classified information. There is a valid reason as to why a stringent process is taken for those to obtain security clearance (i.e. government trust). Manning clearly violated those issues when he decided to leak the very classified info he was chosen to protect. It is treason whether you like it or not.
Now, as for your whole rant about Congress, I agree, both sides are full of shit. But you need to take the tin foil off your head and put down the Kool-Aid. Both sides of the political aisle have been big spending idiots with their own agenda for years.
The only harm Bradley Manning caused was to those who had political agendas or personal gain at stake. He didn't leak information only to our enemies, he made it available to everyone in the world with access to the internet. Now it is in the open and everybody knows. I agree, there is a need for things to be classified(covert operations in a war zone). You should really put the grape drink down and take off your blind-fold. It should be obvious to you that what he did caused no harm to our country other than making it clear to everybody else in the world that the U.S. puts it nose where it doesn't belong every time it sees an opportunity. We send our children to get killed and mamed in places we never should have set foot. Why? So pols and business leaders can profit by causing tragedy. That in itself is a crime against humanity and should be treated as such. I understand that we will never learn to communicate truthfully and reasonably, but that would be the only way to achieve any glimmer of peace in this world. Sniffing out power-mongers, greedy bastards, and control freaks is a start and that is basically what Manning did. Also, if you didn't notice, I mentioned Congress as a whole. No party is free of guilt.

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2011

Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
The only harm Bradley Manning caused was to those who had political agendas or personal gain at stake. He didn't leak information only to our enemies, he made it available to everyone in the world with access to the internet. Now it is in the open and everybody knows. I agree, there is a need for things to be classified(covert operations in a war zone). You should really put the grape drink down and take off your blind-fold. It should be obvious to you that what he did caused no harm to our country other than making it clear to everybody else in the world that the U.S. puts it nose where it doesn't belong every time it sees an opportunity. We send our children to get killed and mamed in places we never should have set foot. Why? So pols and business leaders can profit by causing tragedy. That in itself is a crime against humanity and should be treated as such. I understand that we will never learn to communicate truthfully and reasonably, but that would be the only way to achieve any glimmer of peace in this world. Sniffing out power-mongers, greedy bastards, and control freaks is a start and that is basically what Manning did. Also, if you didn't notice, I mentioned Congress as a whole. No party is free of guilt.
On principle he did harm the nation. The only people he benefited were those on the left who stood to make money from this act of treason. I guess you forget what the Constitution says to do to traitors. Even China still executes traitors.

“God Bless America”

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, when you serve this country, when you (by some miracle) are selected and decide to hold a U.S. Government Security Clearance, then you come back and talk to me. He is a Traitor with a capitol T. He signed a nondisclosure agreement when he got his clearance that he wouldn't leak classified information. He clearly violated that agreement. It has nothing to do with politics as you like to believe. This is National Security, and he broke the rules big time. He should be thankful he's in the situation he's in. Because if this was the good ol' days, he would've been hung, in public, by now. Seriously, you need to take off your tin-foil hat.
Ridiculous

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Mark JM wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, when you serve this country, when you (by some miracle) are selected and decide to hold a U.S. Government Security Clearance, then you come back and talk to me. He is a Traitor with a capitol T. He signed a nondisclosure agreement when he got his clearance that he wouldn't leak classified information. He clearly violated that agreement. It has nothing to do with politics as you like to believe. This is National Security, and he broke the rules big time. He should be thankful he's in the situation he's in. Because if this was the good ol' days, he would've been hung, in public, by now. Seriously, you need to take off your tin-foil hat.
I have served in the military and I have held a security clearance. I have also witnessed first hand the collusion and corruption that has put this country where it is today. What you are saying is, because he signed a non-disclosure agreement he should let everyone involved in committing crimes against humanity get away with them. If you signed an agreeement not to turn me in for screwing the public, I'm sure that you would turn me in if you felt I were screwing you. Don't be such a hypocrite.
Ridiculous

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
On principle he did harm the nation. The only people he benefited were those on the left who stood to make money from this act of treason. I guess you forget what the Constitution says to do to traitors. Even China still executes traitors.
Considering someone a traitor is based solely on your perspective. Don't forget China also executes babies if someone has too many.

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering someone a traitor is based solely on your perspective. Don't forget China also executes babies if someone has too many.
Either someone disobeys a country's laws, tries to overthrow a rightful government, or commit espionage, or they don't. It is not about perspective nor up to interpretation. You either commit a high crime against our government, or you don't. The US government needs to obey its Constitution as originally written and literally, and execute this man and others who do the same. The US needs to remain an independent and sovereign nation that isn't owned by globalists, and anyone in the US promoting globalism needs to be rounded up and shot or hung publicly. Those who don't like it can haul their a**es to China, Africa, the Middle East, or wherever is best for them.
Ridiculous

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Either someone disobeys a country's laws, tries to overthrow a rightful government, or commit espionage, or they don't. It is not about perspective nor up to interpretation. You either commit a high crime against our government, or you don't. The US government needs to obey its Constitution as originally written and literally, and execute this man and others who do the same. The US needs to remain an independent and sovereign nation that isn't owned by globalists, and anyone in the US promoting globalism needs to be rounded up and shot or hung publicly. Those who don't like it can haul their a**es to China, Africa, the Middle East, or wherever is best for them.
If you haven't noticed, the U.S. Government amends the Constitution in order to suit its own agendas. That could be construed as treason. Big business is all about globalism, so by your definition they should ALL be shot or hanged publicly. That isn't going to happen because we Americans don't stick up for the rights that the government continually tramples on. You are a human, not an ostrich. Please get your head out of the sand.
Ridiculous

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

BTW- The government works for us, we don't work for them. It's high time we hold them accountable for their misdeeds.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Quantico Discussions

Search the Quantico Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Apr 19 abe 1,350
damned harryreid needs to go NOW Apr 15 Truth 1
Fed Up with Google Apr 14 Truth 1
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr 14 Jim 1,434
Bret harts fall? Apr 13 Fred 3
Matt espinosa Apr 7 Jordan Jones 2
PWC police acivity Apr 7 Phil 1
•••
•••
•••
Quantico Dating

more search filters

less search filters