If you cops could arrest Etta you would stop a lot of dope.

Posted in the Quanah Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of76
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
No mercy

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Why do you cops let someone like her run loose? You know who I am talking about. You have had chances to arrest her and you let it slide. Why?
williams for sheriff

Quanah, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

it has become apparent on here that the cops cant do any investigating or surveillance because things just dont work that way.they cant buy drugs through an informant because its not that simple.the cops are waiting for the drug sellers to tape themselves then lose the tape.once they get their hands on it some arrest will be made.look at the drug arrest montaque county has just made.how did they do it.they showed initiative and they didnt care about the cost the trials would cost the county.someone said things on topix dont go away.that also means that when people complain about the drugs and crime on here it to doesnt go away.meaning when something drastic happens the law cant say thats news to us.
Concerned Mother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

I keep reading posting on here about all the drugs in Quanah. I am worried for my children. Can you please tell me who in Quanah is selling/doing drugs. My children are at the age where they have probably already been approached with drugs. I keep hearing things about different residents young and old. I just would like to know "who" is selling. If you know you should warn us parents!
applepie

Graham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

Judged:

Give our officers due credit. It took over a year to gather enough good solid evidence to make that drug bust. Law enforcement isn't as easy as all of you armchair quarterbacks want to think. They have to do their work the correct way or everything just gets thrown out and the case is lost. Work with your officers instead of telling them how to do their job!
Say what

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

Judged:

In order to properly work narcotics, any department needs a good amount of money to buy surveillance equipment, pay informants, and pay undercover agents. The cost is substantial.

Most small town PDs and sherrifs departments cannot afford, nor are the citizens willing to pay for, the cost of a drug task force. That is why drugs can flourish in a small town.

Officers can hear rumors from people all day long that "so and so" is selling drugs. But, thanks to that little constitution thing that we have, those people cannot be arrested. So even if everyone in town "knows" who is selling drugs, there is nothing that can be done about it. The only way to bust them is to have an undercover agent that can go in and purchase the drugs. Undercover agents cost a lot of money. People don't want to pay taxes, pepople don't want to fund law enforcement. So we are stuck with what we've got.
applepie

Graham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

Judged:

Perfectly stated SAY WHAT.
snakefarm

Graham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

i agree!!! say what
No mercy

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Say what wrote:
In order to properly work narcotics, any department needs a good amount of money to buy surveillance equipment, pay informants, and pay undercover agents. The cost is substantial.
Most small town PDs and sherrifs departments cannot afford, nor are the citizens willing to pay for, the cost of a drug task force. That is why drugs can flourish in a small town.
Officers can hear rumors from people all day long that "so and so" is selling drugs. But, thanks to that little constitution thing that we have, those people cannot be arrested. So even if everyone in town "knows" who is selling drugs, there is nothing that can be done about it. The only way to bust them is to have an undercover agent that can go in and purchase the drugs. Undercover agents cost a lot of money. People don't want to pay taxes, pepople don't want to fund law enforcement. So we are stuck with what we've got.
This is Bullshit. How much does a damn pair of binoculors cost or a throw away camaera. They don't want to stop drugs. When Etta was out of jail a week, she committed a crime and got caught. She was on parole. They didn't do nothing. The cops need to get out of the convience stores and get over to Starr street apts. That guy is the main guy. They know who he is. I told John Loren. They can only catch rustlers. It has not got anything to do with tax dollars.
No mercy

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

Concerned Mother wrote:
I keep reading posting on here about all the drugs in Quanah. I am worried for my children. Can you please tell me who in Quanah is selling/doing drugs. My children are at the age where they have probably already been approached with drugs. I keep hearing things about different residents young and old. I just would like to know "who" is selling. If you know you should warn us parents!
I am very sorry for you I can not tell you. I would probably be killed. I may be anyway.Keep your kids away from black kids. They are not all doing it but a lot are.
Say what

Graham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

No mercy wrote:
<quoted text>This is Bullshit. How much does a damn pair of binoculors cost or a throw away camaera. They don't want to stop drugs. When Etta was out of jail a week, she committed a crime and got caught. She was on parole. They didn't do nothing. The cops need to get out of the convience stores and get over to Starr street apts. That guy is the main guy. They know who he is. I told John Loren. They can only catch rustlers. It has not got anything to do with tax dollars.
Again, I am sorry to tell you but that is very nieve. You can't do an appropriate drug investigation with a "throw away" camera and some "binoculars." You have to have good equipment that will show a jury exactly what you saw. You need microphones, camera equipment, and money to pay informants and undercover agents. Your posting is silly and shows that you have no understanding on how those kind of investigations work. Also, you pay an officer for an 8 hours shift. Part of that job is making money by writing tickets. You make no money and accomplish nothing sitting down the street.
got meth shop hardeman co

Quanah, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I am sorry to tell you but that is very nieve. You can't do an appropriate drug investigation with a "throw away" camera and some "binoculars." You have to have good equipment that will show a jury exactly what you saw. You need microphones, camera equipment, and money to pay informants and undercover agents. Your posting is silly and shows that you have no understanding on how those kind of investigations work. Also, you pay an officer for an 8 hours shift. Part of that job is making money by writing tickets. You make no money and accomplish nothing sitting down the street.
you are an idiot.a drug informant cost as little as twenty dollars.have the informant to buy dope,get a warrant in as little as twenty minutes,kick the door in and seize the money that you have already wrote the serial numbers down before the transaction.truth be known you are the wife or brother of one of these idiot lawmen and thats why you are so adament on supporting them.no,a real policeman job in a county is not to make revenue but inforce laws.thank you for pointing out that hardeman co. works a little different than others.
LMFAO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

no mercy u sound like u dont know what ur talking about...hate to break it too u but iv seen white kids and adults do just as much dope if not more than blacks!!! thats his towns whole prob. everybody thinks just cuz ur black ur not worth shit! I personally know a lot of white trash that lives in this town! No im not black im white myself!
qhs indians rule

Quanah, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

brody got da good bud.
desperatehousewi fe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

law enforcement isn't as easy as csi makes it look.....the ideas sound easy in our head but in reality they can't b done that way
oversexed houseboy

Quanah, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

heres a good idea.lets give up and sacrifice our children and our sanity to the dopers.that way the officers can can write as many tickets as they wish uninterupted.if i had to rely on any officer from here to keep me safe by doing csi stuff i wouldve already moved.
just the facts maam

Quanah, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

desperatehousewife wrote:
law enforcement isn't as easy as csi makes it look.....the ideas sound easy in our head but in reality they can't b done that way
if you bring as much sex appeal to the bedroom as you bring intelligence to topix no wonder your a desperate housewife.
No mercy

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

The cops don't want to arrest dopers. They want to write traffic tickets. You may think I am stupid but you are the stupid ones. They could catch some of those dope salesman on vagrancy charges. Most of them have no job and own no property. They could just run them out of town. They could do lots of things if they tried. They want to sit with their finger up their butt saying I can't.They could post themselves at Starr Street and watch who comes and goes and take notes. Anything would beat the nothing they are doing.I know the cops are getting paid for 55 hrs a week.
No mercy

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Say what wrote:
<quoted text>
You may think I am silly but if you want money bust some dope dealers, take their money and their property and use that money for your equipment. I think your a cop and you don't want to get any dope dealers. Areyou scared of them?
just saying

Quanah, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Say what wrote:
One thing all the people offering advise on having undercover agents purchase drugs don't seem to understand - in a town as small as Quanah, the regular druggies aren't about to sell to someone they don't know; hell most likely someone they went to school with. All the undercovers and task forces in the world can't do any good in any small rural town.
No mercy

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing all the people offering advise on having undercover agents purchase drugs don't seem to understand - in a town as small as Quanah, the regular druggies aren't about to sell to someone they don't know; hell most likely someone they went to school with. All the undercovers and task forces in the world can't do any good in any small rural town.
I know what we can do. Just throw up our hands and quit. Let them ruin our kids. Gosh if you can bust the user you can bring in more money for the County. Who care about kids anyway. Not our cops.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of76
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Quanah Forum right now

Search the Quanah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr barefoot2626 21,131
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Defiant1 16,799
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 4 hr David 640
howard pittman 4 hr who died 7
Unchain your dog Fri quanah 6
divorce Fri little mom 2
Karen Jennings Jul 9 Face facts 24
•••
•••
•••
Quanah Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••