AJs Bar & Grill
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Just saying

United States

#2 May 16, 2011
I agree service isn't really good. I went in and had a question about the menu and the response I got was I don't know. There is a real good waitress that works there maybe a couple. Other then that the bartenders are trashy.
Justin Butler

Quanah, TX

#4 May 16, 2011
First of all Bradley Gambrell, if that is indeed your real name, I am the J of AJs. Let me start by saying you are full of crap if you think me or my wife have ever had anything on our noses. You obviously do not know the damage you can cause by stating such insane claims and how far we will go to dispute such. It is insinuations like those that tend to get people sued when they know it is a blatant lie. We have 3 small children we are trying to provide for. We do not need them, their friends, or anybody else exposed to such trash. We come from good families here and wish to not have their names smeared by malicious nobodies. We employ around 20 members of the community and buy over 80% of our inventory for local businesses. Since you claim to be an outsider to Quanah, I understand how this is not important to you, but this is our home and where we plan on raising our kids. Based on other false accusations from bored drama seekers, regarding our kitchen staff and their habits, I do have signed consents to drug test from every employee if I deem necessary. Can your employer say the same? We have been open less than 2 months and understand we have some issues to address, but some things take a little time. We are eliminating what we feel contributes to poor service and will continue to do so with more eliminations to come.My wife and I were fully aware of the toes we would be stepping on and the consequences we would face from those that feel superior and entitled to pass judgement on us when we started this endeavor. But we are breaking our backs to try to provide a choice to Quanah and instead of writing about it and voicing a mere pipe dream, we are here and we are doing it. I will not go down without a fight so understand I am not going anywhere and will not allow the likes of you to disgrace me or mine. I have never been one to shy away from a confrontation, so if you or anyone else who hides behind a screen name, possess the anatomical fortitude it takes to confront me; I will gladly provide you a drug test and the persuasion it takes to stop such blatant lies. If you, with your vast management knowledge would care to offer pertinent suggestions we would gladly accept them, if not then enjoy your lonely 6 pack and miserable existence.
RS Stone

Quanah, TX

#5 May 16, 2011
Kudo's to Justin, and to anyone else that actually has the balls to put their REAL name and thoughts out here. Personally I haven't seen any of what Mr. "Gambrell" writes about, but then, I'm related to an employee so probably biased =))=)). Anyway, if anyone has ever started a business from the ground up, they know how hard it is, and I've seen how much time Justin and Amber put into their place, I'll bet 70 hours a week each is short for them right now, and that's about the only way you can build a business like this, by working more than sleeping. Maybe they do have some problems, but Mr. Gambrell, and all the rest of you that seem to have nothing positive or encouraging to say, have you ever started and ran a business, or just spent your Life working for someone else never knowing the work the owners put into it? Mr Gambrell and all the others with hurt feelings, did you by chance ask at any time to speak with a Manager or Owner to let them know face to face the problems you had observed? From the looks of things you haven't, you, like so many others, sit and hide behind a keyboard talking, acting, and thinking you're opinion is actually worth something.......... like a$$holes, we all got em and they all stink!!
I've always believed in helping anyone that was working hard and trying, and my offer to Justin and Amber stands, you need help or have any questions, just let me know, been there and done it and would really like to see AJ's become what it has the potential to become, Keep up the Excellent work! Scott.
Analyst

Quanah, TX

#7 May 16, 2011
Hopefully the trucker that drinks and drives will get a DWI before he kills someone.
sure not sober

Wichita Falls, TX

#8 May 16, 2011
Like we all don't drink and drive out of there!!!!!
nice

Bowie, TX

#9 May 16, 2011
just ask jennfer mathis
ambers neice

Graham, TX

#10 May 17, 2011
nice wrote:
just ask jennfer mathis
yes I would love to ask jennifer mathis and would also love to know your name? so please NICE, since you are so generous to post this juicy gossip on the internet-DONT STOP please fill me in on the rest.
ambers neice

Graham, TX

#11 May 17, 2011
typo.... AMBERS NIECE!!!
funnyyousaidthat

United States

#12 May 17, 2011
Just saying wrote:
I agree service isn't really good. I went in and had a question about the menu and the response I got was I don't know. There is a real good waitress that works there maybe a couple. Other then that the bartenders are trashy.
There are some good waitresses that work there. There are some pretty girls up there too. There are also some that are just learning. As far as being trashy I would say that is you!
Just saying

United States

#13 May 17, 2011
I know there are some good waitresses that ate up there. Yes some are cute. But as far as the bartenders they look trashy by what they where to work. There should be some kind of dress code for the waitresses and the bartenders. AJ's food is good and they offer a variety to the public. No its not easy building a restaurant from the ground up. Nor is it easy hiring good help.
As far as me being trashy you are sadly mistaken. You don't even know who I am or what I look like you made that comment out of ignorance.
Have a nice day.
funnyyousaidthat

United States

#14 May 17, 2011
Don't know why that posted twice. Ok Michael burrows is a bartender and he dresses nice. Then there is two girls that actually bartend and I've never seen them dress trashy.
Just saying

United States

#15 May 17, 2011
I three times I have been in there the bartenders were dresses trashy. Maybe things have changed since I have been out there to the bar
funnyyousaidthat

United States

#16 May 17, 2011
Just saying wrote:
I know there are some good waitresses that ate up there. Yes some are cute. But as far as the bartenders they look trashy by what they where to work. There should be some kind of dress code for the waitresses and the bartenders. AJ's food is good and they offer a variety to the public. No its not easy building a restaurant from the ground up. Nor is it easy hiring good help.
As far as me being trashy you are sadly mistaken. You don't even know who I am or what I look like you made that comment out of ignorance.
Have a nice day.
So why are you complaining about poor service when you say there are good waitresses. If you have had a problem with one then you sh9uld let management know. They can't fix a problem if they don't know about it. And when I say trashy I'm not talkin about appearances I'm talking about character.
please

Enid, OK

#17 May 17, 2011
This is the reason i moved from Quanah. There are some good people there dont get me wrong, but alot of people that just want to start rumors. They dont care who they hurt. Grow up if yu dont like the food,staff whatever dont go. And talkin about someone having a affair PLEASE thats what that whole town is about. So many people there cheat. So get off the crap!! They are a good family trying to make a living.
Tricia

United States

#18 May 17, 2011
Ok...I'm the one of the waitresses out there and I am the one with all the tattoos so if that is trashy to anyone I'm sorry it is a free country. But if trashy is nasty, dirty and unkept then I will have to say NOBODY is trashy! Our staff isnt allowed to dress inappropriate and I don't recall anyone dressing that way. If your problem is with one of our staff then man up and just say it instead of putting everyone out there! Majority of us are hard working people with children to provide for and its people like you who try to make us feel bad or don't give people chances. Ok so some of us may have tainted past but Im here to say that who cares what we have done in our past it is what we are doing now that should matter! So before you decide to lable us as trashy hoes or watever you chose to say then sit back and take a long look at yourself and ask yourself these questions: Are you perfect? What if you had a tainted past would you hope someone would give you a chance at employment? Are you a trashy hoe? Think about it! I personally have small children and I am trying to better myself and if the only place that will hire me is a bar because of my tattoos or my past then thats how I will provide for my kids! I am grateful to Amber and Justin for providing me with an opportunity to make some money and give my kids what they need! And as far as the service goes if you are not happy all you have to do is pull one of us aside and ask to talk to the owners instead of coming on topix and talking crap. Amber and Justin are very good people to work for and they have put alot of hard work and time and money into their business and so far we have had more compliments instead of complaints! And I can also say this if you or anyone else ever needed something those people would give you the shirt off their back! And as far as the staff goes we all work hard and we all try to give the best service we can and if that doesn't satisfy you then call it to our attention but if your scared then go eat somewhere else or sit in front of your computer and drink whatever you choose and just be plain miserable! Oh yeah and as far as the cheating goes REALLY???? come on you sound like you are in high school again and just starting crap or you could very well be a disgruntled female he has turned down....who knows and who cares! They are a very loving and close couple and I really doubt your little drama will cause a rift so pick a ligit reason to gripe. Because the TRASHY STAFF is getting really tired of people trying to bring down our place of employment! Next time sit in the dining room or order to go be sure you try one of our chicken fried steaks or even a pizza! Hey by the way in case you havent heard NOBODY IS PERFECT! So get over it and get a life because life is too short for us to be worried about other peoples business and if you don't like the way things are ran then come get an application and make sure you tell them you would like to be manager! We have the applications at the register!

Sincerly yours,

~ The TRASHY WAITRESS WITH ALL THE TATTOOS~
Tricia

United States

#19 May 17, 2011
Oh and by the way I did use my name and I even described myself because I fully believe that everyone that works up there deserves a chance and I hope that you will all understand that eventhough it may not be a polished crew but hey at least we are all out there working and trying which is more than I can say for most of the people in Quanah! And Justin and Amber must believe in us just like we believe in them! One day the world we live in will stop being so hateful and cruel and people will learn to quit judging others because people can and do change! And just to make it clear this forum didnt upset me because it is true it upset me because I consider everyone up there family and I find it hard to not say something! So if you want to talk crap to me or bash me go right ahead because what don't kill me will only make me stronger!!
Wondering

Quanah, TX

#20 May 25, 2011
Did everyone get paid this week, I mean after all, it is Weds now.
you are

Sunset, TX

#21 May 25, 2011
lol
bob

Sunset, TX

#22 May 25, 2011
yall are jus jerks
crusader

Quanah, TX

#23 May 25, 2011
I really like the place. Cool decorations, nice people, good food, and cold beer. Did hear owner beat the hell out of his old lady. But I am going to keep going, maybe I will get front row seats

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quanah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deana Ford AKA Deana Hamm Fri Dena Hamm 5
Freedom inc. Thu Big 3 was right 5
what I really think (Apr '16) Dec 1 Matt 13
Break in Nov 29 It is what it is 4
608 Earle Nov 28 Chris 16
603 10th street Nov 25 Skitzers 3
Coming out of the closet (Jun '15) Nov 23 Matt 27

Quanah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance