Scott Nail dba 3T Solutions
Deborah Brownlow

Irving, TX

#24 Aug 21, 2010
Temeca wrote:
Is Frank F a crook too
Of all the people working at the hospital I would have to say that Frank Fenoglio is one of the finest people I know. He has never been anything but professional and courteous. So the answer to your question is a resounding NO, he is not a crook.

And for clarification sake, I am not saying that the rest of them are crooks, merely that there needs to be more oversight and more attention paid to the goings-on at the hospital. Everyone is going to develop their own opinion of what is going on there --- my opinion is that Quanah is, in typical Quanah fashion, ignoring what is blaringly obvious, then when it all falls down there is going to be a huge outcry of outrage. Nobody's fault but our own.
Sachel

Vernon, TX

#25 Aug 21, 2010
on the up side wrote:
if they all know how to handle the finances. Can you tell me if any of them have ever file bankruptcy. I am almost sure one of the board members have.
also a lot of people dont read this or even know about it, is there any way to get it more to the public?
Sparkman
Sachel

Vernon, TX

#26 Aug 21, 2010
The Sparkman son said Daddy and mom sneaked up to Lubbock to file bankruptcy. I understand they owed the IRS a lot of money.
Sachel

Vernon, TX

#27 Aug 21, 2010
Temeca what do you think about that salary Nail gets at this hospital? They hardly have any patients.
Temeca

United States

#28 Aug 21, 2010
Too much I'd do it for half
ccbloom

Quanah, TX

#29 Aug 21, 2010
Debra B I have checked out this site after hearing about it and you aren't helping out any with people bashing on this. You really need to get a life. And is it really any of your business of what Scott does!!! You seem to be the towns nosiest person, mind your own business!
on the up side

Quanah, TX

#30 Aug 21, 2010
some one needs to be or else who would have know about all this i am sure that it will not be posted in the paper!! also it is our business if we loss our hospital...i see no bashing i see ?s being asked and trying to get to facts!!! And yes what Scott Nail does ....DOES matter its our town and our taxes...why is he worth more than the drs..
yes she is

Quanah, TX

#31 Aug 21, 2010
ccbloom.does that mean your one of the blooming idiots from the country club?i must admit i too was naive enough to think that man was doing miraculous things til i read the facts that deborah has posted.why should he make more than the director of a hospital in a major city.when the total bill comes in for all of the wonderful things hes done,who will pay.little old lady with a sprained ankle,NO.a child with a cough,NO.will your good friend ronnie pull out the old county checkbook,YES.only problem is the county is broke.i wonder if 3T solutions could do a little pro bono work and drum up some revenue like he has done for the hospital(sarcasm).debbie,i encourage you to ask why the new pay raise in a letter to the editor.of course they will make you pay but it would get a message to the public because some people arent internet savvy.i never understood computers til i found out about this site and have been in love ever since,with topix,not computers.
nlt

United States

#32 Aug 22, 2010
D Brownlow: While I applaud NLTs optimism that Quanah is going to be flooded at some point with retirees, I see that day a long time in the coming. And while the CAG is making progress at cleaning up along 287 -- you still cannot argue with the statisics from the Census Bureau -- Quanah population has further declined since the last census was done.

I agree -- Quanah needs QUALITY physicians, a good hospital, and ancillary services. However, I have to question the amount of money being expended and the means of revenue recoupment. Keep in mind Medicare and Medicaid are continuing to cut reimbursement rates -- how does the hospital expect to make up that money?

I just feel that if the hospital is a county entity, funded by county monies, then the citizens of the County should have some say in the direction the hospital is taking and the way that the funds are used. Referendum anyone?
Ads by Google

No Deb there will not be a "flood" of retirees but we can hope for a slow influx that will build to a number that can stimulate our economy and begin to make a reputation for our town that will increase the flow. Change is always a slow process but we have to start somewhere sometime if we want out town to survive and be what it can be. Having excellent health care facilities is critical to that process as it is to taking care of our own retirees. Right now the bottom line of the hospital appears to be better than it has been in years with an increase in services etc. What will be there in the future? It is good to ask questions and ask for transparency and accountability. Anytime you do not have that there will be questions that could have should have been addressed beforehand. It would serve everone well if such monumental changes as Scott's employment status and the reasons behind it were made known to the public prior to its accomplishment. What is the rationale to such an arrangement? According to the charter the Board does indeed have complete control of the hospital, its finances, and its employees and can do whatever they wish except not be in compliance with state laws and raise taxes which requirea a voter referendum. Board elections and taxes are voter control. Do we have someone on the board capable of raising legitimate and knowledagable questions and is willing to do so even when the questions are uncomfortable? If not , such a person is needed. Such a person is critical to the successfull operatiion of any board.
Deborah Brownlow

Irving, TX

#33 Aug 22, 2010
ccbloom wrote:
Debra B I have checked out this site after hearing about it and you aren't helping out any with people bashing on this. You really need to get a life. And is it really any of your business of what Scott does!!! You seem to be the towns nosiest person, mind your own business!
Response to ccbloom ---- if asking legitimate questions is considered bashing then I will most certainly continue to do so. On a personal level, in his personal life, I could care less if Scott Nail chose to walk down the middle of the railroad tracks with a train coming. In his position as CEO/Administrator of the local, TAX SUPPORTED, healthcare entity, that is my business and everyone else's as well, if they own property and pay taxes here.

Prove to me that the expenditures are necessary, that his salary is justified, and that the hospital is making a profit month-to-month and I will back down. You go get the financials and do your own math --- if that is challenging to you, I can probably drum up a 10-key you can use.

As for minding my own business --- is ccbloom an acronymn for country club blooming idiot?
youlookitup

Irving, TX

#34 Aug 22, 2010
ccbloom wrote:
Copied from earlier post: Have you requested the financials and looked at them? 4 months of data (Oct 2009, Nov 2009, Dec 2009 and March 2010):
October 2009 -$322,952.33
November 2009 -$150,002.34
December 2009 -$345,310.37
March 2010 $ 19,257.17

Total Profit / Loss -$ 799,007.67 does not include January or February 2010 as I didn't request that information.

before bashing people why dont you get the numbers and compare with what Debra posted?
youlookitup

Irving, TX

#35 Aug 22, 2010
nlt wrote:
D Brownlow: While I applaud NLTs optimism that Quanah is going to be flooded at some point with retirees, I see that day a long time in the coming. And while the CAG is making progress at cleaning up along 287 -- you still cannot argue with the statisics from the Census Bureau -- Quanah population has further declined since the last census was done.
I agree -- Quanah needs QUALITY physicians, a good hospital, and ancillary services. However, I have to question the amount of money being expended and the means of revenue recoupment. Keep in mind Medicare and Medicaid are continuing to cut reimbursement rates -- how does the hospital expect to make up that money?
I just feel that if the hospital is a county entity, funded by county monies, then the citizens of the County should have some say in the direction the hospital is taking and the way that the funds are used. Referendum anyone?
Ads by Google
No Deb there will not be a "flood" of retirees but we can hope for a slow influx that will build to a number that can stimulate our economy and begin to make a reputation for our town that will increase the flow. Change is always a slow process but we have to start somewhere sometime if we want out town to survive and be what it can be. Having excellent health care facilities is critical to that process as it is to taking care of our own retirees. Right now the bottom line of the hospital appears to be better than it has been in years with an increase in services etc. What will be there in the future? It is good to ask questions and ask for transparency and accountability. Anytime you do not have that there will be questions that could have should have been addressed beforehand. It would serve everone well if such monumental changes as Scott's employment status and the reasons behind it were made known to the public prior to its accomplishment. What is the rationale to such an arrangement? According to the charter the Board does indeed have complete control of the hospital, its finances, and its employees and can do whatever they wish except not be in compliance with state laws and raise taxes which requirea a voter referendum. Board elections and taxes are voter control. Do we have someone on the board capable of raising legitimate and knowledagable questions and is willing to do so even when the questions are uncomfortable? If not , such a person is needed. Such a person is critical to the successfull operatiion of any board.
Have you requested the financials and looked at them? 4 months of data (Oct 2009, Nov 2009, Dec 2009 and March 2010):
October 2009 -$322,952.33
November 2009 -$150,002.34
December 2009 -$345,310.37
March 2010 $ 19,257.17

Total Profit / Loss -$ 799,007.67 does not include January or February 2010 as I didn't request that information.

someone should check debras numbers for themselves. as she said she may have messed up
nlt

United States

#36 Aug 22, 2010
Deborah Brownlow wrote:
<quoted text>
According to statistics, Nail is making more than hospital administrators in places like San Francisco, Boston, Dallas, Atlanta.... etc.
I have used this hospital previously without good results. My mom was there several times and the level of care was less than what you got at a board-n-care vets office. Have heard absolutely nothing stellar about the NP (know of one instance when she told a family member that their parent was old and had had a good life - just let them go).
Barring some form of disaster, how much parking does the hospital need? Even with all beds full, it would be hard to justify buying up an additional 1/2 city block just for parking. Additionally, just how much is it going to cost to turn it into a parking lot in addition to the monies dished out for purchase price? Buying a house for on-call staff? If the staff lived locally, would be no need for on-call sleeping quarters.
While I applaud NLTs optimism that Quanah is going to be flooded at some point with retirees, I see that day a long time in the coming. And while the CAG is making progress at cleaning up along 287 -- you still cannot argue with the statisics from the Census Bureau -- Quanah population has further declined since the last census was done.
I understand the outrage at being told "they are just old and that's the way it is" We were told the same thing about my Mom when she was just 76. The Dr. in charge was one my Mom swore by. Looking at her charts it was clear they were bobbing her blood pressure up and down with meds and she was in danger of bottoming out. They hadn't a clue what the problem was other than she is just old. We simply called our Dr. in Lubbock, gave him the info and he sent a copter down that was here in 45 min and transferred her to Lubbock where they had her diagnosed within an hour and back in great shape in 3 days. It was a simple diagnosis. She had been in the Q hospital for nearly a week.

I have no problem with buying a half a block for parking and in the process converting an eyesore into something useful. Lots in Quanah are ultra cheap. What it costs will depend on materials used. As for buying the brick house for on call nurses doctors, I also have no problem with that. Currently we have several out of town staff doctors that supplement onsite staff and likely dial a nurses. I think having such onsite facilities will help with recruitment of both when we need them. Will those who use it be charged a fee? I would think so.....there is a fee for staying in hospital facilities at Dallas cancer centers. If so will those fees cover upkeep (no taxes....a non-profit)? It would be great if we had in Quanah enough qualified health professionals and did not need to recruit elsewhere. However, I prefer that they hire the most qualified they can afford irregardless of where they come from. On the bright side....if they hire someone from elsewhere....the population of the town and the actual health of the citizens and the town are both benefited.
budrub

United States

#37 Aug 22, 2010
Nail bails job.
Nail creates business.
Limited Liability Corporation.
Nail makes even more money.
Bottom falls out.
Limited Liability.
County, City, get the hindquarters.

Board members are financially liable for millions.
Board members go bankrupt. Debt falls on county.

County can't go bankrupt.
What then?
do not understand

Wichita Falls, TX

#38 Aug 22, 2010
Scott Nail is not in this for the benefit of the community. It is all about him. He says that he has paid on the debt but can he really be trusted. The employees can not come forward and voice any of their concerns as they would quickly be terminated. This man does not like to be questioned and I guess that is why the board has given him so much power, I am pro Quanah and I am not a negative person. I am just sick of the lack of responsibility by our elected boards. And do not suggest that I run for one, because the races are already decided before the polls open.
Diamond Cowgirl

United States

#39 Aug 22, 2010
First of all--quit accusing all folks that disagree with ya'll of being a country club idiot. That is ridiculous. I agree with all of u about the hospital and their blunders and I am a member of the country club. Speak ur mind intelligently but don't take barbs at those of us that may be members. And yes, Debbie, I am referring to u. If u decide to run for an office again, u would obviously need members of the country club to vote for u. I AM NOT AN IDIOT. ARE U?
Sachel

Crowell, TX

#40 Aug 22, 2010
ccbloom wrote:
I think you are his wife and naturally you don't want anyone looking into his affairs.
Carb22

United States

#41 Aug 22, 2010
Yes she is. Very mean spirited. Why is she wanting to find out if Scott Nail has filed for bankruptcy in the past? Just so she can run him down, point fingers at him, and make fun.

Sour grapes. That is all it is. Sour grapes.

Good job Scott Nail. Thank you for staying in Quanah!
youlookitup

Irving, TX

#42 Aug 22, 2010
Diamond Cowgirl wrote:
First of all--quit accusing all folks that disagree with ya'll of being a country club idiot. That is ridiculous. I agree with all of u about the hospital and their blunders and I am a member of the country club. Speak ur mind intelligently but don't take barbs at those of us that may be members. And yes, Debbie, I am referring to u. If u decide to run for an office again, u would obviously need members of the country club to vote for u. I AM NOT AN IDIOT. ARE U?
Response to Diamond Cowgirl: I too am a member of the Country Club (go figure), so no, not everyone there is an idiot. Not saying that there are not those who are. As for the barb -- ccbloom had no business telling me that I was bashing Mr Nail --- asking questions yes, bashing no. My apologies for losing my temper.

Doubt I would ever be dumb enough to run for anything here again. Have been very firmly reminded of who I am, where I come from, and basically, put back in my place. Such is life. I hope that eventually someone "worthy" and intelligent enough to stand up to the powers that be will run and be elected.
Deborah Brownlow

Irving, TX

#43 Aug 22, 2010
Carb22 wrote:
Yes she is. Very mean spirited. Why is she wanting to find out if Scott Nail has filed for bankruptcy in the past? Just so she can run him down, point fingers at him, and make fun.
Sour grapes. That is all it is. Sour grapes.
Good job Scott Nail. Thank you for staying in Quanah!
Why do I want to know if Scott Nail has filed bankruptcy? Uh, I don't know. Stands to reason that you wouldn't want someone managing your financial affairs if they has totally blundered their own?

As for sour grapes -- not at all. Mean spirited -- not usually, although it sounds as if you epitomize everything I despise in a person. Make fun -- guess what sweetheart, no one has ever had as much fun poked at them as I have, so no, I wouldn't ever do that to anyone else. Been there, and it sucks.

Do I trust Scott Nail? Definitely not. Do I trust the hospital board -- not on your life, or anyone else's for that matter. I have posted the financials for 2008 from the ahd.com website. I have posted the financials for the last quarter of 2009 and for March 2010 -- not stellar.

Do some research of your own then get back to me. Obviously you are one of those who prefer to follow and believe what they are fed instead of doing your own homework to find out answers for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quanah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Manuel 5 hr Tanner B 7
Tanner B 5 hr Tanner B 4
Fraud May 21 whoseonfirst 3
Drama in Quanah (Feb '12) May 20 I know 11
truth in its purest form (Oct '14) May 18 Lil meek 7
Speaking of Sheriff qualifications May 17 John Henry Holliday 4
Others need to know... (May '14) May 16 Lechas 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quanah Mortgages