Quanah Connections
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Captain Howdy

Wichita Falls, TX

#21 Jan 31, 2011
You forgot my favorite the Army Surplus store.I should have bought all those knives and bayonets from WWII ,back then for buck and a half to two bucks.Worth a whole lot more now.
Hilomonster

Sandy, OR

#22 Jan 31, 2011
Hey don't forget Rule's Truevalue and the old drive-in!
Deborah Brownlow

Wichita Falls, TX

#23 Feb 1, 2011
Chief Drive-In...... breaks my heart to drive by now and see the relic it has become. One of the social past times I really hate to see die out.

Al's Diner; Dutch's (the original); Henry's Steak House; Faye's Cafe; DeLong Cap Factory...

You mention the old Army Surplus store... I remember when Evelyn and Robert Tyler had the store downtown where you could buy and trade merchandise --- boy, I was a regular getting paperback books. Well, until I flunked Algebra and had to take all my books to her and give them away.

So, rememberances aside, just how do we get the voters to see that our dead leadership is leading to the sure and inevitable death of our community--and that it is truly time for out with the old and in with the new?
snow blows

Quanah, TX

#24 Feb 1, 2011
look through your history and look at the amount of people that were fed up with a bunch of qcc drunk politicians running,ruining this town.they decidied to run and due to a lack of voters,or voter fraud,they lost their bid.look at how they were treated afterwards.i say let them do as they have always done because they are eating their own tail.on a plus side the chainsmoker is not looking so well so maybe we will have a chance soon.
Burrrrrrr Burrrrrrr

Wichita Falls, TX

#25 Feb 1, 2011
Put Capt.Howdy in office thank you very much.
old lady

United States

#26 Feb 1, 2011
why dont people in qunnah mind there own business,dont people have nothin better to do .ya need to get jobs an a life.the girls there need to quit messing around with married men.parents need to get a grip on there daughters.let people stop ragging on everyonre else,look at yourself in the mirror.qunnah sucks theres no jobs there ,nothin for kids to do.the town needs help.
Oh No

Wichita Falls, TX

#27 Feb 1, 2011
Burrrrrrr Burrrrrrr wrote:
Put Capt.Howdy in office thank you very much.
I don't think we are ready to go there. he's a lot too radical!
Papermate

Crowell, TX

#28 Feb 1, 2011
I wish for a full service gas station. I would go there even it is higher. The state of Washington banned self serve gas stations to keep their people employed.
feel bad

United States

#29 Feb 2, 2011
why cant people in qunnah mind there own business aways gossiping,but your daughters on a lease theres alot of married men they mess around with,what kind of parent does that make you.an far as qunnah it sucks theres no jobs there,nothin for kids to do.i think its funny that peggy newman had to sell her farms ,she shouldnt have blowed the money an far as beth people need to leave her alone.she cant help it cause her youngest son is gay,but the other one is happliey married.people get a life do something nice for some one help your neighbor out.there are people in need.peggy newman is an old stingy woman,she doesnt even like her family thats sad.have a good day.
Oh Yes

Wichita Falls, TX

#30 Feb 2, 2011
Oh No wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think we are ready to go there. he's a lot too radical!
So anything would be a improvement of what we have now.The USA was started by radicals in 1776.Why are we allowing Tony to ride around eight hours a day socializing?Maybe a radical is just what we need.
Gone and Glad

San Antonio, TX

#31 Feb 2, 2011
You folks are really mean....is this where I spent my formative years???
Reading on this site did provide a few chuckles for me on this cold hearted day.
Crook

Mitchellville, IA

#32 Mar 27, 2011
Girlie wrote:
<quoted text> Front page of this weeks Quanah rag! Ridley Gibson and Neita Brandon--they want to improve Quanah? Both have had opportunities and just followed the pack!
Ridley Gibson is a crook!
CAPN HOWDY FANCLUB PREZ

Quanah, TX

#33 Mar 27, 2011
Crook wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridley Gibson is a crook!
NAW,he cant be a crook.Quanah wouldnt let a crook have any type of power.WOULD THEY.
I Still Care

United States

#34 Mar 27, 2011
For Quanah to grow, it would take support. This town does not show enough support to keep it alive. Many talk about shopping out of town and many of you never stepped foot in some of the business that were here or are here now.

How many of you went inside the flower shop across from United before it closed?

How many supported Country Mornings before she sold?

How many have tried Mommas Kitchen?

When was the last time you went to one of the antique stores?

How many of you live in rented housing?(trying to show how much property tax is paid) If you live in an own home, are your taxes current?

Where do you get your oil changed at, buy your tires or buy fuel?

How many times do you shop at Walmart vs United?

Please show me that you already support this town. Tell me how you have done your part. Tell me that you pay all your bills on time. That you are not over drawn at your bank or late on your payments.

I can tell you this, no town can grow on government money and I see alot of government aid in this town. Before you bash me for what I have wrote, please think awhile about it before you comment. Is your house in order? If it is...we need you to be in office and I am not joking!!!

QCC LOL

Quanah, TX

#35 Mar 27, 2011
flower shop by united-why shop there when wild things sells same/better for half price.
country mornings-way way too expensive.
like mommas kitchen-it is ok.
taxes-very current and wasted!
united-i support but i dont by clothing in Quanah because of the price and the sellers attitude.i have bought shoes at wild things.
bills are paid up and payments have been current.
no qcc i am not leaving.i am sticking around to see the finale.its gonna be good.
I Still Care

United States

#36 Mar 28, 2011
QCC LOL wrote:
flower shop by united-why shop there when wild things sells same/better for half price.
country mornings-way way too expensive.
like mommas kitchen-it is ok.
taxes-very current and wasted!
united-i support but i dont by clothing in Quanah because of the price and the sellers attitude.i have bought shoes at wild things.
bills are paid up and payments have been current.
no qcc i am not leaving.i am sticking around to see the finale.its gonna be good.
Would you consider running for office?
QCC LOL

Quanah, TX

#37 Mar 28, 2011
no because i know what the consequences are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quanah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating Husbands and Wives (Jun '17) Apr 17 April 18
Preston White Apr 7 TannerBiddy 6
Family dollar Apr 5 You so cray cray 6
Home wrecker (Aug '17) Apr 4 Vrod 14
Chris and Taylor Apr 4 Leslie Tyler 9
Please help us find Kodi. $100 REWARD! Apr 3 AllyCat 1
Hook up Mar 31 Passing through 2

Quanah Jobs

Personal Finance

Quanah Mortgages