the house behind knr
Im the 1
#61 Jul 1, 2012
Let me tell you I do care about my kids so before u go running your mouth about me saying I dont care.I take care of my kids and I track every where they go and who they hang out with.You can call me strick or whatever but I can say thus my kids are not on drugs and they do nit hang out with people that do drugs period.If parent would keep closer eye on them instead of letting there kids do whatever they wouldnt have to worrie now would they.So before u start jumping on me you need to think about things before you say them.For one you know nothing about me just like i no nothing about you.And if people in Quanah are so worried about the town they have to stand up for there self.Stop sitting back and watching things happen do something about it.You can complain but what is that solving nothing.People of quanah needs to take there town back and turn it back to the way it use to be.Safe fun loving caring place.Quanah could be all these thing again.
RS Stone

Wichita Falls, TX

#62 Jul 2, 2012
Setting higher standards wrote:
<quoted text>
That attitude is exactly why this town and country is messed up! People would rather pass the buck to someone else to clean up instead of having drive to want to be better! Kids lead by example in most cases, so what example do we set as adults by not caring what our future is doing now! It's sad that we don't have higher expectations for our kids!! Yes, the parents are initially responsible but when they don't give a shit, who does? Certainly not people like you! Let's get some higher standards and expectations for our future leaders of tomorrow!!!
I see the example you're setting for your kids, Instead of Standing up and letting Your Voice be heard, and Showing them that you Really do Care , you sit at home and complain on the computer with a screen name because you might lose your job or get harassed......... Yep, you're definitely one to talk about Leading(from the shadows) by example.
LOL

Quanah, TX

#63 Jul 2, 2012
bipolar=free money to sit at home and watch Gilligans island.
Get a job like the rest of us and become a tax paying citizen.
RS Stone

Wichita Falls, TX

#64 Jul 2, 2012
LOL wrote:
bipolar=free money to sit at home and watch Gilligans island.
Get a job like the rest of us and become a tax paying citizen.
Coward-sit scared behind a computer watching Matlock, quit acting like you got a pair, or a job =))=))

Sticks and Stones may break my Bones, But you're still a pathetic coyote :D
Snob

Burkburnett, TX

#65 Jul 4, 2012
Setting higher standards wrote:
<quoted text>
That attitude is exactly why this town and country is messed up! People would rather pass the buck to someone else to clean up instead of having drive to want to be better! Kids lead by example in most cases, so what example do we set as adults by not caring what our future is doing now! It's sad that we don't have higher expectations for our kids!! Yes, the parents are initially responsible but when they don't give a shit, who does? Certainly not people like you! Let's get some higher standards and expectations for our future leaders of tomorrow!!!
This is why I think we should bust down everyone's door. No one has a right. If it is heard here on Topix. Go right in Mance. Get a life.
WE KNOW THE TRUTH

Quanah, TX

#66 Jul 4, 2012
It is obvious the current administration looks at things as just rumors also.Go ahead and videotape all you wish because what we have for lawmen will just say that you have some frindly neighbors with plenty of people stopping in just long enough to say hello.
You have a clear choice to make.
Nelson-more of the same.
Holland-something far different.
old person

Graham, TX

#67 Jul 4, 2012
WE KNOW THE TRUTH wrote:
It is obvious the current administration looks at things as just rumors also.Go ahead and videotape all you wish because what we have for lawmen will just say that you have some frindly neighbors with plenty of people stopping in just long enough to say hello.
You have a clear choice to make.
Nelson-more of the same.
Holland-something far different.
With Holland it definitely will be far different. Just not the kind of different that we want or need. scared to even imagine!
WE KNOW THE TRUTH

Quanah, TX

#68 Jul 4, 2012
old person wrote:
<quoted text>With Holland it definitely will be far different. Just not the kind of different that we want or need. scared to even imagine!
How horrible do you think things will be?
Do you think he will be arresting good hard working drunk drivers?
Do you think he will be arresting good hard working drug dealers?
Do you think he will arrest the good hard working child molesters instead of having to rely on the Texas Rangers to do it for him?
People critisized Randy Akers til they were blue in the face but I can tell you this. I lost the keys to my home a few years before he retired and I never worried about replacing them. A few days after Ray Ritchie was violently MURDERED not only did I have a shiny new lock but an alarm system as well.
WE KNOW THE TRUTH

Quanah, TX

#69 Jul 4, 2012
old person wrote:
<quoted text>With Holland it definitely will be far different. Just not the kind of different that we want or need. scared to even imagine!
I explained my opinion so wont you please explain yours?
Tell me what is going to be bad and different.
Deborah Brownlow

Iowa Park, TX

#70 Jul 4, 2012
Change always brings with it trepidition and a fear of the unknown. No different with an election, be it national or local.

Point -- if you want things to continue as they have since long before Mance was ever elected sheriff (and if you believe that Chester Ingram is campaigning for Mance out of the goodness of his teeny pee-picking heart, go ahead and dig your head just that much deeper into the sand) vote the same way you always have.

IF you want a chance at change, cleaning up the drunk drivers and getting rid of the drug trade, then vote for Kevin Holland.

Are people going to get torqued because the good ole boy network is no longer a safe haven? You betcha.

Are people going to get torqued because the last name no longer carries significant weight, and a phone call makes the matter "go away"? You betcha.

Are people going to get their knickers in a knot because heretofore unpatrollable roadways are no longer off-limits to law enforcement officers for fear of catching the wrong fish? You betcha.

Is Chester Ingram and his antiquated, wild-west approach to law enforcement going to lose its grip on Quanah and Hardeman County? I sincerely hope so.

Are those of us with children and grandchildren going to feel that they are safer with a new watchman? I believe so.

Kevin Holland is going to be a tough and strict sheriff if elected. He is going to treat everyone the same regardless of name or bank balance. He is going to have a zero tolerance for the drug trade, and DWIs. Is that so wrong? I don't think so -- I think it is high time the voters in Hardeman County stood up, cast their ballot and made themselves heard.

Oh, and as far as the voters in Hardeman County are concerned, there are approximately 1800 - 2000 registered voters in Hardeman County and the average turnout is less than 25%- everyone who fails to exercise their right to vote should hang their head in shame. Voting as I understand it is not a right, it is a duty and something to be proud of and something that is not taken lightly. Too many of our military servicemen and women have given their lives for that privilege and failure to take advantage of it is a great dishonor to all they have given up.
old person

Graham, TX

#71 Jul 4, 2012
Deborah Brownlow wrote:
Change always brings with it trepidition and a fear of the unknown. No different with an election, be it national or local.
Point -- if you want things to continue as they have since long before Mance was ever elected sheriff (and if you believe that Chester Ingram is campaigning for Mance out of the goodness of his teeny pee-picking heart, go ahead and dig your head just that much deeper into the sand) vote the same way you always have.
IF you want a chance at change, cleaning up the drunk drivers and getting rid of the drug trade, then vote for Kevin Holland.
Are people going to get torqued because the good ole boy network is no longer a safe haven? You betcha.
Are people going to get torqued because the last name no longer carries significant weight, and a phone call makes the matter "go away"? You betcha.
Are people going to get their knickers in a knot because heretofore unpatrollable roadways are no longer off-limits to law enforcement officers for fear of catching the wrong fish? You betcha.
Is Chester Ingram and his antiquated, wild-west approach to law enforcement going to lose its grip on Quanah and Hardeman County? I sincerely hope so.
Are those of us with children and grandchildren going to feel that they are safer with a new watchman? I believe so.
Kevin Holland is going to be a tough and strict sheriff if elected. He is going to treat everyone the same regardless of name or bank balance. He is going to have a zero tolerance for the drug trade, and DWIs. Is that so wrong? I don't think so -- I think it is high time the voters in Hardeman County stood up, cast their ballot and made themselves heard.
Oh, and as far as the voters in Hardeman County are concerned, there are approximately 1800 - 2000 registered voters in Hardeman County and the average turnout is less than 25%- everyone who fails to exercise their right to vote should hang their head in shame. Voting as I understand it is not a right, it is a duty and something to be proud of and something that is not taken lightly. Too many of our military servicemen and women have given their lives for that privilege and failure to take advantage of it is a great dishonor to all they have given up.
Point--Please explain how you are able to make thhe statements about what Holland will or will not do for our community. Are you somehow in his head or are you just listening to campaign garbage? Did he treat everyone the same when he was employed here as a deputy? I don't believe he did.Was he a tough and strict deputy or did he suck up to those whom he believed would help him to advance? Were we safer when he was here or was he just out sneaking around with another man's wife? My doors have been locked for years. Only fools believe that a single person can make the kind of changes you think he can make. Only a fool would promise people that he could make those changes. Quanah is no worse nor better than any other town in this country. These problems are a national scourge and no I don't blame Obama either. You can't clean up other peoples messes very easily.
old person

Graham, TX

#72 Jul 4, 2012
WE KNOW THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>How horrible do you think things will be?
Do you think he will be arresting good hard working drunk drivers?
Do you think he will be arresting good hard working drug dealers?
Do you think he will arrest the good hard working child molesters instead of having to rely on the Texas Rangers to do it for him?
People critisized Randy Akers til they were blue in the face but I can tell you this. I lost the keys to my home a few years before he retired and I never worried about replacing them. A few days after Ray Ritchie was violently MURDERED not only did I have a shiny new lock but an alarm system as well.
Do you have any law enforcement experience? Do you know anything about evidence or warrants? Do you realize that officers can't always do the things they want the way they want because criminals have the same rights you do? You apparently live in some fantasy world where you think you can control things that are uncontrollable.
WE KNOW THE TRUTH

Quanah, TX

#73 Jul 4, 2012
old person wrote:
<quoted text> Do you have any law enforcement experience? Do you know anything about evidence or warrants? Do you realize that officers can't always do the things they want the way they want because criminals have the same rights you do? You apparently live in some fantasy world where you think you can control things that are uncontrollable.
I do know that eventually some drugged out freak will be driving around with drugs in plain view.
I do know that druggies are weak and will turn on a supplier in an instant to avoid jail time.
I do know that an officer can suggest an undercover buy.
I do know a warrant can then be issued.
I do know then the warrant can be served.
I do know the supplier can be arrested.
I do know the supplier will then be given an ample amount of years in the penitentiary unless of course he is willing to make an undercover buy to snag a bigger fish.
That is what I do know and it is as simple as I have laid it out for you.That is what I do know because that is how things work every where else.
However I will be eating crow if Yahoo ever blast about how every police organization in the country,with exception of ours,is being investigated for illegal search and seizure of peoples property.
old person

Graham, TX

#74 Jul 4, 2012
WE KNOW THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>I do know that eventually some drugged out freak will be driving around with drugs in plain view.
I do know that druggies are weak and will turn on a supplier in an instant to avoid jail time.
I do know that an officer can suggest an undercover buy.
I do know a warrant can then be issued.
I do know then the warrant can be served.
I do know the supplier can be arrested.
I do know the supplier will then be given an ample amount of years in the penitentiary unless of course he is willing to make an undercover buy to snag a bigger fish.
That is what I do know and it is as simple as I have laid it out for you.That is what I do know because that is how things work every where else.
However I will be eating crow if Yahoo ever blast about how every police organization in the country,with exception of ours,is being investigated for illegal search and seizure of peoples property.
Do you think that the sheriff can issue the warrants and send the bad guys to the pen? Do you think the sheriff can arrest people just because you think they should be arrested? Do you think he should have that right? Why don't you move over to the Middle East and see how this system works. no proof - no rights = but beheaded and stoned because someone accused them. Simple for simple minded people. Hope you like crow
WE KNOW THE TRUTH

Quanah, TX

#75 Jul 4, 2012
old person wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that the sheriff can issue the warrants and send the bad guys to the pen? Do you think the sheriff can arrest people just because you think they should be arrested? Do you think he should have that right? Why don't you move over to the Middle East and see how this system works. no proof - no rights = but beheaded and stoned because someone accused them. Simple for simple minded people. Hope you like crow
OMG!
Dont try to twist my words.
The same arrest was made with David McGary.He didnt sue for wrongful arrest,search and seizure.
Drug enforcement isnt so cut and dry but a sheriff must stay in constant communication with the DA to see things through.Is this the DA`s fault. NO.
old person

Graham, TX

#76 Jul 4, 2012
WE KNOW THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>OMG!
Dont try to twist my words.
The same arrest was made with David McGary.He didnt sue for wrongful arrest,search and seizure.
Drug enforcement isnt so cut and dry but a sheriff must stay in constant communication with the DA to see things through.Is this the DA`s fault. NO.
Twist words? So you are saying that since 1 person didn't sue that wrongful/illegal search and seizure is OK? How do you know that the sheriff does not keep in touch with the DA? Do you have ESP or is that just your "opinion". Like that crow fried or baked?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#77 Jul 4, 2012
heck i thought you folks had a major dope problem from the way i was reading this. how many folks are in this house slinging dope 20 30?

one house with a few folks doing dirt or suspected of doing illegal activity? what am i missing?
old person

Graham, TX

#78 Jul 4, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
heck i thought you folks had a major dope problem from the way i was reading this. how many folks are in this house slinging dope 20 30?
one house with a few folks doing dirt or suspected of doing illegal activity? what am i missing?
Who knows if there is even any drug activity there at all. We just have some Rambo's who think they know all/ can do all. The law and civil rights don't mean anything to them==unless they are the ones in trouble. Then they'll be squealing like pigs. Big, bad Holland has them all in a super fit. This may be thr reason why he shouldn't be elected. No good cop would think like this or want his supporters to think like this either.
concerned_citize n

Arlington, TX

#79 Jul 4, 2012
Who lives at this house anyways?
Deborah Brownlow

Iowa Park, TX

#80 Jul 4, 2012
old person wrote:
<quoted text>Point--Please explain how you are able to make thhe statements about what Holland will or will not do for our community. Are you somehow in his head or are you just listening to campaign garbage? Did he treat everyone the same when he was employed here as a deputy? I don't believe he did.Was he a tough and strict deputy or did he suck up to those whom he believed would help him to advance? Were we safer when he was here or was he just out sneaking around with another man's wife? My doors have been locked for years. Only fools believe that a single person can make the kind of changes you think he can make. Only a fool would promise people that he could make those changes. Quanah is no worse nor better than any other town in this country. These problems are a national scourge and no I don't blame Obama either. You can't clean up other peoples messes very easily.
Point - you are correct and maybe I am a fool for believing campaign rhetoric. Better believe the man who does his own talking rather than one who send the retired sheriff around to do his campaigning for him. Can a single person make the changes I am suggesting? Probably not - it would be nice to find a single person that would at least get the process started. Other people's messes can be cleaned up - after the extent of the messes are determined, the underlying causes identified and corrected, and with the proper support.

Obama has nothing to do with the mess Quanah is in and was not the topic of this discussion so I will defer to you and bypass that invitation for comment.

Am I in Holland's head - nope, have enough little people running around in my own without inviting others over for a play date. Do I think Holland treated everyone the same when he was here? Have not a clue, other than he always treated me with respect and courtesy. The way you react to others and treat them oft times has a lot to do with the way they treat you, so that in itself is open to interpretation.

Sneaking around with another man's wife? Hmmm, not sure that has any bearing on the subject at hand, and since I was not an intimate part of that marriage and can only go by what I observed and what I was told, I will defer that as well. Not my business and as far as I can tell, should have no bearing on the matter of the manner of sheriff he will be (in fairness though, if it is to be a matter of weight in the final decision, I will point out to you that if marital status plays a part - Mance is on number 3).

Bottom line where I am sitting and where my concern lies - the current administration is ineffective and, from all intents and purposes, disinterested in any attempts at curtailing or inhibiting the drug activities going on in the community, and does little to curb or inhibit those who drive while under the influence - regardless what that influence may be.

Keep in mind, this is my opinion and if you don't agree with me that is fine. The ability to agree to disagree is the foundation of our First Amendment right to Free Speech. I want and wholeheartedly hope to see new leadership in the sheriff's office after the next election. Same for school board, commissioners court, city council, and the hospital board (if we still need one after this debacle is finalized).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quanah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chloe combes at allsups May 19 jane doe 2
News Former Chillicothe City Councilor found guilty ... May 19 jane doe 1
Cheating Husbands and Wives (Jun '17) May 7 Leslie Tyler 20
Bored May 5 The mexican 3
allsups (Mar '16) May 5 wtf 7
Trey Tate May 4 Sac 1
Tanks in town May 2 And a friedfrien... 2

Quanah Jobs

Personal Finance

Quanah Mortgages