silent bob

Sellersville, PA

#1 Mar 31, 2013
What's up with that Sunoco market on broad st ? I have encountered numerous rude employees over the years but yesterday was the all time tops. I walked in to pay and there was this guy trying to fill his tank but the pump was not working. He kept telling the clerk the problem and she was yelling at him. Told him he was the only customer to have a problem with the keypads on the pumps. He kept telling her to get them fixed and she yelled I could throw you out of here. WTF. Just about every other time I go there for gas the keypads on the pumps don't work. They stick. Your credit card won't work because the keys stick and it gets wrong numbers. Heard same story from dozens of others. Why can't they FIX them? Who owns that place ? Sunoco? Or some franchise? LOUSY OPERATION. And dirty looking.
Daniel

Phoenixville, PA

#2 Mar 31, 2013
silent bob wrote:
What's up with that Sunoco market on broad st ? I have encountered numerous rude employees over the years but yesterday was the all time tops. I walked in to pay and there was this guy trying to fill his tank but the pump was not working. He kept telling the clerk the problem and she was yelling at him. Told him he was the only customer to have a problem with the keypads on the pumps. He kept telling her to get them fixed and she yelled I could throw you out of here. WTF. Just about every other time I go there for gas the keypads on the pumps don't work. They stick. Your credit card won't work because the keys stick and it gets wrong numbers. Heard same story from dozens of others. Why can't they FIX them? Who owns that place ? Sunoco? Or some franchise? LOUSY OPERATION. And dirty looking.
If you are true? Just don't go there. Happy Easter.
Nomorebho

Quakertown, PA

#3 Mar 31, 2013
I never go there. Very inconvenient to get in and out of I think. I go to Hess. It seems like my gas lasts longer when I fill up there. I may be nuts, but when i fill up at Giant, my gas tank seems to go down really quick.
silent bob

Sellersville, PA

#4 Mar 31, 2013
Nomorebho wrote:
I never go there. Very inconvenient to get in and out of I think. I go to Hess. It seems like my gas lasts longer when I fill up there. I may be nuts, but when i fill up at Giant, my gas tank seems to go down really quick.
Giant gas is bad.
silent bob

Sellersville, PA

#5 Mar 31, 2013
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>If you are true? Just don't go there. Happy Easter.
Thank you. Happy Easter.
World

Perkasie, PA

#6 Mar 31, 2013
silent bob wrote:
There have been a couple of threads about this place. Someone said the manager has a bad attitude, so that obviously permeates on down to the employees. I assume the people who work there are the only ones who can put up with him.

It's not owned by Sunoco, and usually stations like that simply have a contract with them to buy Sunoco gas, so it's not technically a franchise.
samcro

Newtown Square, PA

#7 Mar 31, 2013
silent bob wrote:
<quoted text>Giant gas is bad.
I agree about the gas at giant. I get less MPG when I get gas there. Same with wawa but not as bad as giant.
Gasoline

Perkasie, PA

#8 Mar 31, 2013
samcro wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about the gas at giant. I get less MPG when I get gas there. Same with wawa but not as bad as giant.
The government has strict standards for both winter and summer fuel that every refinery must meet. From there, the product is either piped or trucked to various terminals.

Take a ride up to the tank farm in Macungie. You'll see dozens of tanker trucks pulling up one after another to the same dock to get filled. Almost every one will have a different name on it's side, and they're being filled with exactly the same gas.
yup

Sellersville, PA

#9 Mar 31, 2013
Gasoline wrote:
<quoted text>The government has strict standards for both winter and summer fuel that every refinery must meet. From there, the product is either piped or trucked to various terminals.
Take a ride up to the tank farm in Macungie. You'll see dozens of tanker trucks pulling up one after another to the same dock to get filled. Almost every one will have a different name on it's side, and they're being filled with exactly the same gas.
I know this to be true as I used to work as a manager for a gas station, but I do notice that my car gets less MPG when I fill up at Giant. Not exactly sure what that's about. So, I only fill up at Giant when i have gas points. It annoys me less if I just paid 50 cents less per gallon.
Anonymous

Quakertown, PA

#10 Mar 31, 2013
I get a lot less mileage on the winter formula. About 22 or 23 mpg. Summer formula I get about 26 to 28 mpg. Never had problems with Sunoco key pads. I never go inside. Happy Easter!
Gasoline

Perkasie, PA

#11 Mar 31, 2013
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this to be true as I used to work as a manager for a gas station, but I do notice that my car gets less MPG when I fill up at Giant. Not exactly sure what that's about. So, I only fill up at Giant when i have gas points. It annoys me less if I just paid 50 cents less per gallon.
There's only a couple of possible explanations for that. Either their pumps are out of calibration, or you just happen to drive differently after filling up at Giant.

If other people are saying the same thing, it leads me to believe the pumps are out of calibration. Take a look at the calibration date the next time you fill up at Giant.
Gasoline

Perkasie, PA

#12 Apr 2, 2013
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Another possibility would be the nozzles click off sooner at Giant than other stations.
Scooper

Perkasie, PA

#13 Apr 2, 2013
The Giant pumps definitely click off sooner. Even though I usually have points for there I usually avoid it. The only way I can ever get close to a full tank is to hold the nozzle at just the right angle and depth, at 1/3 speed. Usually shuts off on me a dozen times before I give up, guessing about how much my tank should need. My car is only 2 years old, giant pumps have always been that way. I've asked others, they usually have the same issues too. They do it on purpose I think so people waster their "discount" and give up buying less fuel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is going up at the corner of Tollgate and ... (Aug '16) 6 hr Brokendiehl 28
Last Chance Ranch? Sun Master Ninja 8
Don't drink Quakertown's water, it's contaminated Feb 23 Concerned resident 2
quakertown outdoor pool price for 2017 Feb 22 Tired of it all 10
Clowns running Richland Township (Jul '16) Feb 22 Just saying 17
Salt Lick Feb 19 You Mad Bro 2
A big thanks to Quakertown Outreach Feb 17 ikely deleted 2

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages