First Prev
of 4
Next Last
janna

Newtown Square, PA

#1 Feb 14, 2013
Holy crap. Avoid 309 and pumping station today. Horrible accident.
Convent

Perkasie, PA

#2 Feb 14, 2013
janna wrote:
Holy crap. Avoid 309 and pumping station today. Horrible accident.
Yes, it's been like that for at least 5 hours and traffic has been routed through the shopping center and one lane on 309.
sunshine

Allentown, PA

#3 Feb 14, 2013
Happened at 10am. Tractor trailer and newer Chevy pick-up hit. The pick up truck flew 50yds. and landed in the basin by chick-fil-a. Driver was flown away alive.
Get real

Newtown Square, PA

#4 Feb 14, 2013
Traffic jammed all over town.
resident

Broomall, PA

#5 Feb 14, 2013
West Pumping Station Rd and RT 309 is one of the most dangerous intersections in Bucks County. It seems at least once every 5-6 months a terrible accident happens there. Richland Township and PENNDoT should work together to improve traffic safety at the intersection.
Nomorebho

Quakertown, PA

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Just came from that area and it's a nightmare. All roads are backed up with traffic and people were getting very impatient. I had a guy riding my bumper the whole way. Like, sorry dude but I couldn't go any faster than the car that was in front of me.
Get real

Newtown Square, PA

#7 Feb 14, 2013
I NEVER go through that intersection until I see all lanes stop. I get beeped at sometimes but I don't care.
Agreed

Broomall, PA

#8 Feb 14, 2013
I agree.. With the high speeds along 309, and limited visibilty, making a left onto pumping station is dangerous without a green arrow.
Sherry

Quakertown, PA

#9 Feb 14, 2013
I thought there is a green arrow there. I could be wrong though. I hate that intersection too and avoid it as much as possible.
janna

Newtown Square, PA

#10 Feb 14, 2013
Still trying to find out if driver of the truck made it. Doesn't look good.
kevin

Lansdowne, PA

#11 Feb 14, 2013
i was routed around the accident at 5pm going southbound on 309 and did not get back to 309 at 663 until 620 , i cannot believe that the authorities couldnt have cleaned this up by rush hour. the fireman at an intersection said it would still be a couple more hours . why?
Interesting

Broomall, PA

#12 Feb 14, 2013
They should have left arrows like at the light at Walmart--it goes to res and you can't turn left u til it cycles through.
Interesting

Broomall, PA

#13 Feb 14, 2013
Oh, it's still closed...8:30pm.
accidentswaiting tohappen

Quakertown, PA

#15 Feb 14, 2013
I hate how traffic turning north on 309 turns right in front of westbound Pumping Station Rd. traffic without yielding the right-of-way. I see close-calls there practically every time.

Sherry

Quakertown, PA

#16 Feb 14, 2013
Interesting wrote:
Oh, it's still closed...8:30pm.
I just hope it's open for morning traffic. Is there another way to get up to Bethlehem from Qtown?
Shloppy

Halethorpe, MD

#17 Feb 14, 2013
Sherry wrote:
<quoted text>I just hope it's open for morning traffic. Is there another way to get up to Bethlehem from Qtown?
Richlandtown Pike through Hellertown. Takes you past The Sands.
Jlie

Broomall, PA

#18 Feb 14, 2013
the drive of the little pick up truck died this evening
justsayin

Perkasie, PA

#19 Feb 14, 2013
omggggggggggggggg NO......so not fair!!!!!!!!!!
samcro

Newtown Square, PA

#20 Feb 14, 2013
RIP to the driver. Thoughts and prayers to the
family.
Anonymous

Quakertown, PA

#21 Feb 14, 2013
Sherry wrote:
<quoted text>I just hope it's open for morning traffic. Is there another way to get up to Bethlehem from Qtown?
Or Old Beth Pike thru Cburg/Main St - light to cross over 309 to B'hem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lehigh Valley area church events: In Your Congr... 3 hr weaponX 12
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! (Jul '14) 15 hr Unbelievable 185
West End Pub? (Jan '15) 18 hr Deacon Ballbutter 74
What is going up at the corner of Tollgate and ... (Aug '16) Jun 19 Maltamon 35
What is total confusion? Jun 16 Hmmmmmm 3
Delivery Man Jun 15 Super Soaker 3
QTown Car Wash Jun 15 Super Soaker 3

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance