Is Giving F-16s and Tanks to Morsi a Good Idea?

Posted in the Quakertown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#1 Jan 30, 2013
In completing a commitment to former Egyptian President Mubarak, the Obama Administration has agreed to send 20 F-16 Super Fighter Jets and 200 Abrams tanks to the Egyptian army. The money to buy the weaponry comes from over a billion dollars in American AID and will give Muslim-Brotherhood controlled Egypt more F-16s than neighboring Israel.

Morsi recently revoked the country's Constitution and is revamping the government under Sharia Law and giving himself sweeping powers in a move that is spawning violent street protests. His ties to Iran, Assad's Syria, and the Hezbollah terrorist organization are well known.

Defenders of the move think it will give the US-friendly Egyptian military a big "stick" in keeping the Muslim Brotherhood in line. But Morsi has already replaced military leadership with his own people. Is this a good idea or just nuckin futz?
CrippleCreek

Carpentersville, IL

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
In completing a commitment to former Egyptian President Mubarak, the Obama Administration has agreed to send 20 F-16 Super Fighter Jets and 200 Abrams tanks to the Egyptian army. The money to buy the weaponry comes from over a billion dollars in American AID and will give Muslim-Brotherhood controlled Egypt more F-16s than neighboring Israel.

Morsi recently revoked the country's Constitution and is revamping the government under Sharia Law and giving himself sweeping powers in a move that is spawning violent street protests. His ties to Iran, Assad's Syria, and the Hezbollah terrorist organization are well known.

Defenders of the move think it will give the US-friendly Egyptian military a big "stick" in keeping the Muslim Brotherhood in line. But Morsi has already replaced military leadership with his own people. Is this a good idea or just nuckin futz?
Don't you understand that Obama is a Muslim? Not to mention a Communist?
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#3 Jan 30, 2013
CrippleCreek wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you understand that Obama is a Muslim? Not to mention a Communist?
So some people say. I'll put you down for "nuckin futz", but I don't think he can be both a Muslim AND a Communist. My understanding is that religion is not part of the Communist manifesto and Sharia Law would not look kindly on an uprising of workers, especially women workers.
CrippleCreek

Carpentersville, IL

#4 Jan 30, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>So some people say. I'll put you down for "nuckin futz", but I don't think he can be both a Muslim AND a Communist. My understanding is that religion is not part of the Communist manifesto and Sharia Law would not look kindly on an uprising of workers, especially women workers.
You know what I'm saying AHole.
OMG

Lansdale, PA

#5 Jan 30, 2013
CrippleCreek wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW,having a bad day? HAHA
OMG

Lansdale, PA

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
You don't want him to be known as a reneger do you? LOL
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#7 Jan 30, 2013
CrippleCreek wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. But you obviously don't.
Is "AHole" your first name or family name?
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#8 Jan 30, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>You don't want him to be known as a reneger do you? LOL
No, he always keeps his word to our enemies. Our allies and the people who voted for him? Not so much.
Joe

United States

#9 Jan 30, 2013
The arms deal is responsible. It buys the Cold Peace between Egypt and Israel as outlined in the Camp David Accords.
OMG

Lansdale, PA

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
Israel just took out missiles in Syria bound for Hezbollah in Libya.
I just can't believe the deal you're talking about will go through. I'm glad to see Israel taking care of their threat.
OMG

Lansdale, PA

#11 Jan 30, 2013
Sorry, I mean Lebanon.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#12 Jan 30, 2013
I'm not as worried about the jets as I am about the tanks. The pilots make a big difference and the egyptians aren't up to the job. Tanks are the latest and best in the world, and they have a lot of them already.
Not So

Quakertown, PA

#13 Jan 30, 2013
Joe wrote:
The arms deal is responsible. It buys the Cold Peace between Egypt and Israel as outlined in the Camp David Accords.
That worked with Mubarek who upheld the peace, Morsi is very much anti-Israel, Obama is very much pro-Muslim.
CrippleCreek

Green Bay, WI

#14 Jan 30, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>WOW,having a bad day? HAHA
You have no idea.
CrippleCreek

Green Bay, WI

#15 Jan 30, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. But you obviously don't.
Is "AHole" your first name or family name?
No, actually it's a location. If you could get your head out of it, you might be able to see it.
CrippleCreek

Green Bay, WI

#16 Jan 30, 2013
Not So wrote:
<quoted text>
That worked with Mubarek who upheld the peace, Morsi is very much anti-Israel, Obama is very much pro-Muslim.
Morsi is very much Anti-America. As is Obama.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#17 Jan 30, 2013
Joe wrote:
How does it do that? Egypt and Israel already have a peace treaty in place and they are trade partners. The new unstable Egyptian govt is more of a threat to Israel than the other way around.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#18 Jan 30, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>Israel just took out missiles in Syria bound for Hezbollah in Libya.
I just can't believe the deal you're talking about will go through. I'm glad to see Israel taking care of their threat.
4 F-16s are already on their way and this is Obama's call, it does not need Congressional approval as I understand it. It will be interesting to see if the Administration supports the Syrian raid.
Inquiring Mind

Cherry Hill, NJ

#19 Jan 30, 2013
CrippleCreek wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually it's a location. If you could get your head out of it, you might be able to see it.
Gee, all I can see down there is the top of your mom's head, <snap!>
Joe

Quakertown, PA

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it do that? Egypt and Israel already have a peace treaty in place and they are trade partners. The new unstable Egyptian govt is more of a threat to Israel than the other way around.
The power of Egyptian state still revolves around the military, not the Muslim Brotherhood. Thus far the military has for the most part refrained from choosing sides in the current crisis. But much like the Turkish military, the Egyptian military still sees itself as the protector of the secular state. It still harbors a Nassarite ideology. Before the crisis become completely unmanageable I suspect the Generals will once again become involved in domestic affairs.

In regards to Israel, there is no real danger from this crisis. Like I said, U.S. military aides buys the peace. If the Egyptian military were to become adventurous, the aide would stop overnight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quakertown corrupts in close quarters. 16 hr Snartz 10
A Plus Family Dental (Jul '14) 17 hr No Spam 32
Freckles Mon PooperScooper 3
Neighborhood Bully May 2 ilikeher 3
Ametek U.S. Gauge (Jul '12) May 1 Historic S-evil 128
Poll Who feels Tim Arnold should not be re-elected? May 1 Facebook 14
public nuisance May 1 titsmcgee 5
More from around the web

Quakertown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE