petunia

Broomall, PA

#1 Jul 19, 2011
Tried this place yesterday. Typical chinese buffet- nothing special. They were having trouble with their credit card machine. They ran my card through 6 times which was a debit card. I called them after I checked my bank transactions online and they were more than rude. They said maybe my bank made a mistake and how could I tell that fast that money was taken out of my account. I insisted they fix it. They called me back and said it will take 24 to 48 hours . I said it's 150.00 I want it back. They were still very rude.
southpark69

Quakertown, PA

#2 Jul 19, 2011
Shouldn't they be good with electronics?

Since: Sep 09

Newtown Square, PA

#3 Jul 19, 2011
southpark69 wrote:
^ hahahahhaaa

I went to garden buffet yesterday. on the way home I noticed the new buffet had a grand opening sign. Terrible marketing! I had no clue it was open before that. One of these new buffets opened up in Bethlehem and everybody was talking about it. Face to face and Facebook.
smacky

Jenkintown, PA

#4 Jul 19, 2011
southpark69 wrote:
That sounds kind of funny, coming from u....HAH
Frank N Stein

Allentown, PA

#5 Jul 19, 2011
Hopefully they will be gone soon so we can have our Halloween Store back.
Huh

Newtown Square, PA

#6 Jul 20, 2011
Frank N Stein wrote:
Hopefully they will be gone soon so we can have our Halloween Store back.
And pay their overinflated prices? You're nuts.
Pickwick Paper

Sellersville, PA

#7 Jul 20, 2011
Umm,...already complaints on the new buffet.
That does not bode well. I wonder about the prices...will have to go check.
I agree with the apparent poor marketing.
I also agree that the Halloween store had high prices but their supply and demand may have warranted that. I've purchased a fewlast minute items there. What is the alternate at that time?....the internet?Spare me.
PP
price

Quakertown, PA

#8 Jul 20, 2011
$11.95 per adult weekdays/12.95 fri and sat
5.25 age 3-6
6.75 age 7-10
Lunch 7.50adult/2.95/4.50children
Have not been yet, have a menu.
Trying it tonight - but I usually hate buffets. Hubby wants to go and I do not want to cook!
nice place

Perkasie, PA

#9 Jul 20, 2011
First visit was tonight. I think the Chinese selection as much better than garden buffet & entrees seemed warmer. I DO like garden buffet's tso better. We paid $15/per including soft drinks. Sushi selection is not challenging but nicely presented & constantly refreshed. I think they will custom make a roll but I didn't ask. Soft drinks refilled quickly, dishes removed quickly too. Staff was very friendly, place was clean (new, of course). I recommend the place.
Eric

Parker Ford, PA

#10 Jul 23, 2011
petunia wrote:
They said maybe my bank made a mistake and how could I tell that fast that money was taken out of my account. I insisted they fix it. They called me back and said it will take 24 to 48 hours . I said it's 150.00 I want it back. They were still very rude.
My friend was a hostess at the China Wok Super Buffet in Souderton. She had the same issue with a customer's card. What happens is the bank will deduct $150 from your account temporarily to cover gratitude since it is a restaurant. No need to worry. It will clear within 24/48 hours and you will not lose any money!! As far as I know, all restaurant credit card systems work that way. It's just that most people never check their accounts immediately and see the temporary $150 deduction.

Anyway, I was really anticipating some good reviews along with this buffet opening. Anything has got to be better than the Garden Buffet by Wal-mart. The last and final time I went there the tea tasted like bleach, the food was cold and some of it had sand or dirt in it, they tried to charge me twice after I had paid, and while I contemplated the whole miserable experience, a cockroach peaked his head out of the sugar packets and told me never to come back. Needless to say, I listened!!!
COOP

Emmaus, PA

#11 Jul 23, 2011
Never had a problem @ Pub!

“It's a series of tubes.”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#12 Jul 24, 2011
I ate there for lunch on Tuesday and I enjoyed it.

The sushi selection wasnt the largest, but I would guess it is bigger at dinner. It was fresh though. Obviously a regular sushi place is better, but much more expensive.

The hibachi was also pretty good, I like the setup they have for that.

Other than that, it is your normal buffet and have the same stuff as any other.

I enjoyed it and will be going back.

Also, I didnt have the same issue with my credit card. They only swiped it once and there is the correct charge on it.

I LOVE Sushi

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jul 25, 2011
I was wondering what the sushi menu was like? Is it legit sushi or is it poorly made California rolls? And what about prices?
Sam

Thurmont, MD

#14 Jul 26, 2011
Where is Ichiban Buffet and do they offer a menu or is this buffet only?
Harold

Perkasie, PA

#15 Jul 26, 2011
Ichiban is a buffet only. It's not as good as Garden Buffet. Ichiban also has hard ice cream, but you scoop it out yourself. I saw a bunch of kids stick their hands in it.

Garden Buffet has better sushi and a better selection of hibachi food.
Dave

Hammonton, NJ

#16 Jul 27, 2011
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend was a hostess at the China Wok Super Buffet in Souderton. She had the same issue with a customer's card. What happens is the bank will deduct $150 from your account temporarily to cover gratitude since it is a restaurant. No need to worry. It will clear within 24/48 hours and you will not lose any money!! As far as I know, all restaurant credit card systems work that way. It's just that most people never check their accounts immediately and see the temporary $150 deduction.
Anyway, I was really anticipating some good reviews along with this buffet opening. Anything has got to be better than the Garden Buffet by Wal-mart. The last and final time I went there the tea tasted like bleach, the food was cold and some of it had sand or dirt in it, they tried to charge me twice after I had paid, and while I contemplated the whole miserable experience, a cockroach peaked his head out of the sugar packets and told me never to come back. Needless to say, I listened!!!
BARFFFFF!!!!!!!!!
Dave

Hammonton, NJ

#17 Jul 27, 2011
Harold wrote:
Ichiban is a buffet only. It's not as good as Garden Buffet. Ichiban also has hard ice cream, but you scoop it out yourself. I saw a bunch of kids stick their hands in it.
Garden Buffet has better sushi and a better selection of hibachi food.
That being said, Ichiban doesn't have the cockroaches like Garden Buffet. Is that a plus? You be the judge.
Harold

Perkasie, PA

#18 Jul 27, 2011
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
That being said, Ichiban doesn't have the cockroaches like Garden Buffet. Is that a plus? You be the judge.
I did see a fat guy with dirty arms stick his hand into the ice cream at Ichiban. The shrimp on a stick at ichiban was mushy...signs of poor handling. maybe they will get better.

Never had a bad meal at Garden Buffet, plus they have a full menu for take out.
WTF

Bethlehem, PA

#20 Aug 3, 2011
imho buffets = illness

Would much rather pay a higher price for made to order meals!
Qtown Resident

Sellersville, PA

#21 Aug 3, 2011
jejr wrote:
Lots of flys
Was there lots of flies at Ichiban? That is one thing I can't stand - flies hovering over buffets. Well, that and hairy men sticking their arms/hands in ice cream bins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Qtown School Board Fri Loser 9
bears Fri Oh my 2
Poll What is the best pizza in Quakertown? (Mar '09) Fri amber 62
Faulkner - Ciocca Ford slapped with fine. (Oct '08) May 25 Benny botz 105
Ametek U.S. Gauge (Jul '12) May 24 Its Time 136
Twin municipalities... May 23 Its Time 1
Morning star (Nov '15) May 22 bob 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages