Obama Rocks the NRA
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Represent the Majority

Quakertown, PA

#1 Jan 16, 2013
Wow! Pres. Obama has the guts to represent the majority and take on the NRA. So proud of him and our country for becoming more civilized. While I'm sure the violent and paranoid will fight it,those are the ones who should not bear arms. Just watch their responses to follow here. Obama you da man!
RealityCalling

Sellersville, PA

#2 Jan 16, 2013
Represent the Majority wrote:
Wow! Pres. Obama has the guts to represent the majority and take on the NRA. So proud of him and our country for becoming more civilized. While I'm sure the violent and paranoid will fight it,those are the ones who should not bear arms. Just watch their responses to follow here. Obama you da man!
Yea...ok. I guess we'll just see.
Crazy

Chesapeake, OH

#3 Jan 16, 2013
So, what happens when the next mass shooting happens?

You are blind.

All the gun laws we enact won't stop the criminals from murdering, will it?

Chicago had more fun deaths last year than coalition forces in Afghanistan. Imagine that? And, they have some of the toughest fun laws in the country.
Watching

Chalfont, PA

#4 Jan 16, 2013
I didnt know death could be so much fun...
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#5 Jan 16, 2013
Kliene go back to daddy's basement. The NRA won't be pushed around like the spineless Republicans.
Facts

Broomall, PA

#6 Jan 16, 2013
The Sandy Hook shooter violated 41 laws - more laws are meaningless to those that refuse to acknowledge and abide. Abortion and drunk drivers claim more lives than firearms - yet zero call to ban either. Yup, our priorities are in order.

Another feel good measure, nothing more. Yay!
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#7 Jan 16, 2013
Obama's children have armed guards at school. They're SO much more precious than anyone else's children, after all.

As to some of the proposals, such as tougher enforcement and penalties, more extensive background checks, and more scrutiny of violence-prone, mentally ill people, I'm all for it.

As for weapons bans, it's pissing in the wind. Chicago is a "gun-free zone." Tell that to the criminals who killed more people there last year than American soldiers who died in Afghanistan. We'll see how it works in New York. No law will ever stop a criminal or a lunatic. It's all for show so politicians like Cuomo can congratulate themselves and then go back to the business of fleecing the public.

On the Federal level, I doubt whether the assault weapons ban will even pass the Democrat-controlled Senate. On what basis do the Liberals think that a new assault weapons ban will prevent a Newton, a Columbine, an Aurora, or any other mass shooting by a lunatic? Gun crime has actually gone DOWN since the ban was repealed ten years ago - why isn't that being mentioned by the media?

As far as "majority opinion," it is heavily weighted by the highly populated states where Liberals like to feel like they are doing something effective even when they're not. Even then, it's barely a majority and we don't live by majority rule in this country. If we did, Liberals would have even more to complain about. There are several states in this country that are threatening to arrest any Federal agent trying to enforce new gun laws. All people want to do something to stop these massacres, but there are no simple answers.

I was watching the Daily Show the other day when Jon Stewart was bashing the NRA and Conservatives for their stand on gun control. Virtually every commercial was for a new movie or video game featuring extreme violence and bloodshed. Ironically, many of the actors involved have been guests on his program and outspoken supporters of new gun control laws in TV spots exploiting the Newton tragedy. Did I say "ironic." More like "hypocritical."

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#8 Jan 16, 2013
Facts wrote:
The Sandy Hook shooter violated 41 laws - more laws are meaningless to those that refuse to acknowledge and abide. Abortion and drunk drivers claim more lives than firearms - yet zero call to ban either. Yup, our priorities are in order.
Another feel good measure, nothing more. Yay!
Yeah.. these are the same people
that want to push legalization of pot..

doesn't that take first spot!

Location hidden

#9 Jan 16, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
On the Federal level, I doubt whether the assault weapons ban will even pass the Democrat-controlled Senate. On what basis do the Liberals think that a new assault weapons ban will prevent a Newton, a Columbine, an Aurora, or any other mass shooting by a lunatic? Gun crime has actually gone DOWN since the ban was repealed ten years ago - why isn't that being mentioned by the media?
As far as "majority opinion," it is heavily weighted by the highly populated states where Liberals like to feel like they are doing something effective even when they're not. Even then, it's barely a majority and we don't live by majority rule in this country. If we did, Liberals would have even more to complain about. There are several states in this country that are threatening to arrest any Federal agent trying to enforce new gun laws. All people want to do something to stop these massacres, but there are no simple answers.
I was watching the Daily Show the other day when Jon Stewart was bashing the NRA and Conservatives for their stand on gun control. Virtually every commercial was for a new movie or video game featuring extreme violence and bloodshed. Ironically, many of the actors involved have been guests on his program and outspoken supporters of new gun control laws in TV spots exploiting the Newton tragedy. Did I say "ironic." More like "hypocritical."
It's what sells IQ. It's horrific but true. Right now the ratings must be pushing sky high and making a killing on mass hysteria. Fear is contagious we've seen that in the 1920's and again during the Red Scare, no?
Nope

Broomall, PA

#10 Jan 16, 2013
Kline, we weren't civilized before our lord and King passed these EO's? Get real, liberal scumbag.

Go back to your basement abode in your daddy's house.
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#11 Jan 16, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's what sells IQ. It's horrific but true. Right now the ratings must be pushing sky high and making a killing on mass hysteria. Fear is contagious we've seen that in the 1920's and again during the Red Scare, no?
Yes, the "progressive" politicians, the Liberal media, and the Hollywood elites have no problem using irrational fears and parading (exploiting) children to push their agenda. It's nothing new, only surprising that so many presumably intelligent people are buying what they're selling, hypocrisy and all.

I truly wish outlawing guns of any type could prevent lunatics and criminals from killing people. It hasn't, it doesn't, and it never will. The proof is right before anyone's eyes who chooses look for it. I guess it's easier to believe the pap coming from Washington than to think for yourself. If statistics proved that tough gun laws reduced gun violence, you can bet that the Libs would be screaming it from the rooftops. But since statistics prove otherwise, then it's just "damn" the statistics and damn the Second Amendment as well.
Tell me

United States

#12 Jan 16, 2013
My question is Why are so many people so eager to turn control of their lives and liberty over to a government?

This isn't asked in a Democ v. Repub framework, just in general. Why do people seek and support having their liberties curtailed?

There is no evidence of the federal government handling anything efficiently or well, yet people cry for the govt to take over health care, control guns, control speech, and so on. Is it because they are afraid they can't make their own decisions?

As to gun control, people should study Germany during the 1930s during the rise of power of the nazi regime and the removal of guns from the citzenry.

Criminals and mentally unstable cause these heinous mass shootings and holdups. Not the law abiding. Will the criminals and the unbalanced turn in their guns or just get them illegally?

Not looking to call any blogger on here any names, that is not useful. Just curious as to why people see government as the end-all.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#14 Jan 16, 2013
Tell me wrote:
My question is Why are so many people so eager to turn control of their lives and liberty over to a government?
This isn't asked in a Democ v. Repub framework, just in general. Why do people seek and support having their liberties curtailed?
There is no evidence of the federal government handling anything efficiently or well, yet people cry for the govt to take over health care, control guns, control speech, and so on. Is it because they are afraid they can't make their own decisions?
As to gun control, people should study Germany during the 1930s during the rise of power of the nazi regime and the removal of guns from the citzenry.
Criminals and mentally unstable cause these heinous mass shootings and holdups. Not the law abiding. Will the criminals and the unbalanced turn in their guns or just get them illegally?
Not looking to call any blogger on here any names, that is not useful. Just curious as to why people see government as the end-all.
try the VA for efficiency in medical care.
their overhead is much less then any insurance company.
As to the Nazis the made gun ownership easier not harder.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/01/hitle...
Nope

Broomall, PA

#15 Jan 16, 2013
Tell me wrote:
It's not people in general who feel that government is the answer to everyone's problem; it's the liberals who promote this nanny state agenda like "Represent the Majority," aka Brian Kline. This is the same person who pushes unions, won't take what he calls poverty wage jobs, i.e. Walmart, because he feels it's beneath him to actually work, cries for income redistribution with taxing the wealthy, and other far left agendas that keep people complacent on the government dole and keeps them voting Democratic.

This is the party of panderers.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#16 Jan 16, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.. these are the same people
that want to push legalization of pot..
doesn't that take first spot!
you mean the libertarians?
they have wanted that for a long time.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 16, 2013
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean the libertarians?
they have wanted that for a long time.
Where is Smiley!?

Location hidden

#18 Jan 16, 2013
Tell me wrote:
You pose a very interesting question.
Do I have all the answers Heck no. But I have a theory that as strange as it may sound I'm willing to offer it.

Notice that historical this country as was mostly prior to the 1900's farm land, over 90% of it. There is a different mind set to that type of people, it's tough, it's unpredictable, it's grit, etc... fighters to the core. Sounds ironic to say that about a farmer but it's true, up before dawn and sleep like death cause you're tired. What matters and you have you fought for with sweat and blood.

Modern culture and booming cities changes everything in one word, facilitation. There was an interesting article about why so many elderly are hitting 80 and above. They cited that most of these people live in cities for that same reason, easier transport to hospitals, for home care, for etc etc
Many people move into cities for work and farms gave way to "commericail farming."

It's the mind set. It's changed as to Germany, much goes into Austrian History and Versailles Treaty.
Nope

Broomall, PA

#19 Jan 16, 2013
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
try the VA for efficiency in medical care.
their overhead is much less then any insurance company.
As to the Nazis the made gun ownership easier not harder.
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/01/hitle...
How did that work out for the Jews who were verboten to own guns under the Nazis????
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#20 Jan 16, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
You pose a very interesting question.
Do I have all the answers Heck no. But I have a theory that as strange as it may sound I'm willing to offer it.
Notice that historical this country as was mostly prior to the 1900's farm land, over 90% of it. There is a different mind set to that type of people, it's tough, it's unpredictable, it's grit, etc... fighters to the core. Sounds ironic to say that about a farmer but it's true, up before dawn and sleep like death cause you're tired. What matters and you have you fought for with sweat and blood.
Modern culture and booming cities changes everything in one word, facilitation. There was an interesting article about why so many elderly are hitting 80 and above. They cited that most of these people live in cities for that same reason, easier transport to hospitals, for home care, for etc etc
Many people move into cities for work and farms gave way to "commericail farming."
It's the mind set. It's changed as to Germany, much goes into Austrian History and Versailles Treaty.
NYC was not a big city in the early days of the republic.
or philly?
Boston comes to mind with the revolution.
that might cause some problems with your idea.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#23 Jan 16, 2013
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
How did that work out for the Jews who were verboten to own guns under the Nazis????
and until 1938 gun regulations were relaxed for anyone to own guns.
try
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_...

"Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. Writes Prof. Bernard Harcourt of the University of Chicago, "The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition
not to mention the black market and all the WWI unaccounted for weapons."

when your neighbors had absolutely no problemo letting you be whipped through the streets and throwing you into a cattle car,that is what allowed the Holocaust to start and continue.

trying to tie gun rights into the Holocaust is a sad attempt to take advantage of a genocidal act.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Transportation from PHL to quakertown. Any sug... (Dec '08) 7 hr Limousine Pros 24
Banging noise in Quakertown area (Mar '17) Thu BHC 6
QCSD Board Members Wed Bye Bye Bye 33
Explosions in Milford!? Wed Hmmm 8
Just Furniture Wed Tired of it all 5
News Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker Band, Little R... May 23 Uncle Richard 1
The best hand in town? May 21 Bumpindabigboyy69 2

Quakertown Jobs

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages