Sonic Might Reopen
Alert

Perkasie, PA

#1 Oct 18, 2012
Sonic franchisees may re-open Quakertown location

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/money/s...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012
By Crissa Shoemaker DeBree Staff writer

The businessmen who reopened the Bensalem Sonic Drive-In are looking to reopen the fast food chain's shuttered restaurant in Quakertown.

Don Welsh and Nolan Aspell own several Sonic locations in the Philadelphia area. Recently, they re-opened drive-ins that had closed in Philadelphia and Audubon in Camden County, N.J.

Sonic opened its first Bucks County location on Street Road in Bensalem in 2008. It closed in February, as did a restaurant in Tullytown. A Sonic in Lower Southampton closed in 2011. Tullytown and Lower Southampton haven't reopened.

Sonic, known for its specialty menu items and car-side service from rollerskating car hops, said that in addition to the Quakertown store, which closed recently, Nolan and Aspell are considering re-opening a closed location in Millville in Cumberland County, N.J.

"Don and I both live and work in the region," Aspell said in a statement. "We are committed to actively participating in the community and want to make a difference right here in Philadelphia."
Too Much

Newtown Square, PA

#2 Oct 18, 2012
This is good for the people that lost their jobs when ours closed, but it's still horrible food.
Lehigh Valley Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Oct 18, 2012
If that many Sonic's are closing, it appears that they do not generate enough revenue to make a profit.
Hmm

Springfield, NJ

#4 Oct 18, 2012
Sonic has a great concept, but the food is gross.. Pricey too compared to other fast food.
My Opinion

Perkasie, PA

#5 Oct 18, 2012
This news stinks only because the good old Panera Bread rumor was spreading that they were moving in there.
Cara

Levittown, PA

#6 Oct 19, 2012
My Opinion wrote:
This news stinks only because the good old Panera Bread rumor was spreading that they were moving in there.
Panera bread would be so much better.Sonic's food in gross & I dont get the whole concept of sonic.If I want to sit in the parking lot & eat I can just go through the drive-thru & park.
Alert

Perkasie, PA

#7 Oct 19, 2012
My Opinion wrote:
It's not like it stinks because it put a damper on Panera Bread plans. It was just a rumor, and never going to happen.
jsa

Newtown Square, PA

#8 Oct 20, 2012
go tpopeyes
jsa

Newtown Square, PA

#9 Oct 20, 2012
go to poeyes
samuel

Newtown Square, PA

#10 Oct 20, 2012
greaaasyy
Lehigh Valley Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Oct 23, 2012
From the Mcall.com site:

Bakery/cafe chain Panera Bread will open a new location at the shuttered Sonic Drive-in restaurant on Route 309 just outside of Quakertown next year. Construction should begin in April, with plans to open in August or September, said Regional Marketing Director Theresa Clark. "We are so excited about moving into this market," she added. Until then, you can dine at any one of the five Lehigh Valley Paneras.

The Quakertown Sonic, at 139 N. West End Blvd., Richland Township, closed without explanation roughly two years after its opening in April 2010. The chain is known for its nonalcoholic happy-hour drink specials and waiters roller-skating food to your car. The Valley has two Sonics in Allentown and Nazareth plus one in Phillipsburg.
RAY

Quakertown, PA

#12 Oct 23, 2012
PLEASE.... LET IT BE SO....
pole

Emmaus, PA

#13 Oct 25, 2012
What is it going to be? Panera Bread, a newly owned Sonic, or Kentucky Fried Chicken? The rumors are flying all over town. Is Panera Bread a done deal? We thought so when they were going into where Aspen Dental is now. Anyone have any real evidence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dry cleaners wow! 9 hr Tired of it all 9
gold spa prostitution asian women (Aug '10) Jan 15 Tennfan 149
News Students to be punished for hurling rocks, raci... Jan 15 american 18
New Sign on 309 Jan 13 Redicurous 17
Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10) Jan 12 Tired of it all 781
Need a great hair stylist Jan 10 Mary 23
school bus. Jan 7 merry marie 28

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance