New Restaurant going in where Primo H...
Big Hog

Quakertown, PA

#22 May 11, 2011
Food Lover wrote:
I see a sign out front that says "Hen and Hog" or "Hens and Hogs"?- COMING SOON! I also see a construction vehicle there working on the place. Sounds like a "chicken and ribs" type of place. We could use a really good southern food place around here, in my opinion. Does anyone know anymore?
We are opening the Hen and Hog on Flag Day Weekend (June 11).
We will have real smoked Pork , Ribs and Chicken all in our own Rub. We will also have homemade Fried Chicken with our own spice blend. Sides like Real Mashed potato's Fried Pickles, Cole Slaw Fritters and deserts. We will even have some salads and grilled chicken for those on a diet :-) We will be doing Country breakfasts on the weekend as well.
Keep your eyes open and we will make it worth stopping in .
Summer

Lansdowne, PA

#23 May 14, 2011
Thanks for the info.:)

Invest in advertising and good signage!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#24 May 14, 2011
Big Hog wrote:
<quoted text>
We are opening the Hen and Hog on Flag Day Weekend (June 11).
We will have real smoked Pork , Ribs and Chicken all in our own Rub. We will also have homemade Fried Chicken with our own spice blend. Sides like Real Mashed potato's Fried Pickles, Cole Slaw Fritters and deserts. We will even have some salads and grilled chicken for those on a diet :-) We will be doing Country breakfasts on the weekend as well.
Keep your eyes open and we will make it worth stopping in .
I'm looking forward to your opening. Now I won't have to drive all the way to Doylestown for real BBQ.
Vain HK too

Lausanne, Switzerland

#25 May 14, 2011
Vain HK wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm looking forward to your opening. Now I won't have to drive all the way to Doylestown for real BBQ.
You're still going to Doylestown. We warned the owner about you and you have been "Black Listed". All you're scumlord buddies are in Doylestown anyway.
Linda

Newtown Square, PA

#26 May 16, 2011
Has Primo's moved or are they totally gone. There is one in Doylestown, near the courthouse.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#27 May 16, 2011
The Quakertown location is gone I believe.

While I do like the sandwiches, I didn't patronize them as much as I did other places, not really sure why.

My favorite was the Abruzzi, roast pork w/rabe and hot peppers.
Be Careful

Wilmington, NC

#28 May 17, 2011
There is a VIRUS on this thread. I clicked on the link posted last week and it downloaded a trojan instead. Why do people do such evil things????
Food Lover

Green Lane, PA

#29 Jun 4, 2011
Summer wrote:
Thanks for the info.:)
Invest in advertising and good signage!
Thanks for the info.! I will definately be stopping by to check out your yummy food. Best of luck and success to you!:)
primopuke

Clayton, NC

#30 Jun 4, 2011
I stopped by Primo Hoagies a couple years ago to order two hoagies. The male manager sat on his rear end in the back office doing nothing. A short young girl with dark hair was handling the front by herself and was very SLOW. She used an old dirty rag to wipe down and clean up the counters and do general cleaning. She then used the same rag to wipe off the meat cutting slicer machine and proceeded to cut the meat and cheese she needed for sandwiches. The place had about 8 people waiting. It took almost 20 minutes to get my two hoagies. That was the last and only time I bought anything there.
The Peoples Champ

Hatfield, PA

#31 Jun 4, 2011
Ehhh wrote:
<quoted text> Where was Primo's with all the junk joints i get confused?
Where was Primos in quakertown?
Big Hog

Quakertown, PA

#32 Jun 8, 2011
Passed Health inspection with flying colors (all our stuff is new)
Building inspection tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. We will be cooking in a few days !!!!!
Big Hog wrote:
<quoted text>
We are opening the Hen and Hog on Flag Day Weekend (June 11).
We will have real smoked Pork , Ribs and Chicken all in our own Rub. We will also have homemade Fried Chicken with our own spice blend. Sides like Real Mashed potato's Fried Pickles, Cole Slaw Fritters and deserts. We will even have some salads and grilled chicken for those on a diet :-) We will be doing Country breakfasts on the weekend as well.
Keep your eyes open and we will make it worth stopping in .
ditto

Broomall, PA

#33 Jun 8, 2011
The Peoples Champ wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was Primos in quakertown?
someone want to get off their high horse long enough to type in the location of this place?
Yepper

Newtown Square, PA

#34 Jun 9, 2011
It is by Hobos.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#35 Jun 9, 2011
Big Hog wrote:
Passed Health inspection with flying colors (all our stuff is new)
Building inspection tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. We will be cooking in a few days !!!!!
<quoted text>
Congratulations, looking forward to it.
Big Hog

Quakertown, PA

#36 Jun 11, 2011
Allright a quick update. Schedule fell a little behind (imagine that :-) Our Grand opening will be 07/01/2011. Thanks for your patience and we hope it is worth the wait !!!!

PS WAnted to thank Q-town Boro and Bucks County Dept of Health for being great to work with.

SEE YOU SOON !!!!
Big Hog

Quakertown, PA

#37 Jun 11, 2011
Too chubby to get on a high horse but our location is 95 S West End Blvd (309)across from the new Rita's and Sleepys. A little tough to find but hopefully wort it.

Thanks !
Big Hog

Quakertown, PA

#38 Jun 11, 2011
"Worth it" Sorry BIG fingers
David Johnson Jr

Perkasie, PA

#39 Jun 11, 2011
Big Hog wrote:
"Worth it" Sorry BIG fingers
Good luck and good fortune.....Wish it was "downtown"....but hope it all works out for you.
Tim Foil Hat

Perkasie, PA

#40 Jun 11, 2011
Big Hog wrote:
<quoted text>
We are opening the Hen and Hog on Flag Day Weekend (June 11).
We will have real smoked Pork , Ribs and Chicken all in our own Rub. We will also have homemade Fried Chicken with our own spice blend. Sides like Real Mashed potato's Fried Pickles, Cole Slaw Fritters and deserts. We will even have some salads and grilled chicken for those on a diet :-) We will be doing Country breakfasts on the weekend as well.
Keep your eyes open and we will make it worth stopping in .
Pull your apron up Vain HK will smoke your meat.
He looks forward to it! He's very good at it.
Tim Foil Hat

Perkasie, PA

#41 Jun 11, 2011
Big Hog wrote:
"Worth it" Sorry BIG fingers
Vain HK likes big fingers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... 23 hr LCB 15
Sitting on your driveway (Aug '10) Fri Socialman 15
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! (Jul '14) Fri Recording Meetings 188
News Lehigh Valley area church events: In Your Congr... Jun 22 weaponX 12
West End Pub? (Jan '15) Jun 21 Deacon Ballbutter 74
What is going up at the corner of Tollgate and ... (Aug '16) Jun 19 Maltamon 35
What is total confusion? Jun 16 Hmmmmmm 3

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages